Board index Public Relations Contests Using the Contest Forum

Using the Contest Forum

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Post March 28th, 2006, 3:30 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

The contest forum exists for the sole purpose of hosting official Coastercrazy.com contests.

Anybody may submit ideas for contests. If you would like to run a contest...

WHAT TO DO:
1. Think of an original idea
2. Create a list of rules
3. Design a template for the contest
4. Either post your proposal for the contest in the 'Site Related' forum, or PM your proposal to an administrator or a moderator for approval.

If your contest is approved:
5. Recruit a respectable judge or judges. You may judge your own contest, but it is up to the Admins/Mods to decide who is skilled enough to do so.
6. Submit the finalized list of rules for one last approval by the Admin/Mod. Please try to be as specific and descriptive as possible, so that there are no confusions in wording.
7. Design your contest thread. It is recommended that you use a style similar to previous contest threads, with the rules and deadline clearly displayed, a list of competitors, and a place for questions and answers about the rules.
8. Post the thread, and let the competition begin!

Or, you can host an UN-official contest by posting it in the appropriate coaster simulation's forum. But remember, an unofficial contest still needs to be interesting and fun to get people to want to join.

PLEASE REMEMBER:
1. The contest forum is not open. All threads that are not approved official site contests must be marked as "Un-Official Contest .....". Failure to do so may result in have your contest locked/deleted.
2. Contests should be at least a little challenging. The weekly awards exist to award tracks built without restrictions, while contests are meant to test builders with unique and challenging building scenarios.
3. Originality is the prime deciding factor in whether a contest idea is approved or not. If you make a post with nothing but an overly simple idea like "Build a 300 foot coaster with a loop," you're just wasting your time.
4. While it is not any violation to run contests during others, we normally will NOT allow contests to run while the NLT (No Limits Tornny) is running. This applies only to the first round. The day those tracks are due, your contest will be allowed if approved.

Happy contest-designing!
Last edited by Tetsu on January 2nd, 2011, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post May 20th, 2007, 9:59 pm

Points on hand: 929.00 Points
Bank: 2,385.00 Points
Since I have more than -90000 points, and I cannot pm anyone, I thought I could post here. I have a template with all the rules and everything, could someone approve it for an unofficial contest? I just want to be sure I am not "flaming".

Post May 20th, 2007, 10:04 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

Post May 20th, 2007, 10:21 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Originally posted by EElover2

Since I have more than -90000 points, and I cannot pm anyone, I thought I could post here. I have a template with all the rules and everything, could someone approve it for an unofficial contest? I just want to be sure I am not "flaming".

PMing is free...[lol][lol]
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post May 20th, 2007, 10:38 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
^[lol][lol]

^^RRollergod, congrats on another awesome smiley [lol]

Thanks for the info-thread, CJ. This will probably get stickied. Also, for an unofficial thread, does that have to be approved?
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post May 20th, 2007, 11:05 pm

Post May 21st, 2007, 1:20 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by tiepilot35

Originally posted by EElover2

PMing is free...[lol][lol]

As far as I remember you can only pm if you have MORE then 0 points :P Since he is somewhere under that. No PM'ing... But i'm not sure if that has been changed...

@rollergod: Awesome smiley!
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post May 26th, 2007, 10:24 am

Points on hand: 1,516.00 Points

Post May 26th, 2007, 10:26 am

Post May 26th, 2007, 10:26 am

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Post May 26th, 2007, 10:28 am

Points on hand: 1,516.00 Points

Post April 16th, 2008, 4:19 pm

Points on hand: 53.00 Points
Location: richmond & phillidephia, virginia & pennsylvania, USA
umm can you aprove a contest idea i have i finaly gave up on fault. i was wondering if we could turn it into some sort of 3ds contest and the winner will get some slappin points. please

[edit pm me if its approved]
mic check 1 2 1 2

Post April 16th, 2008, 7:17 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Just as info .... Don't I remember Oscar posting about people being banned if they made other folks go into a negative point balance? Or, was that just for VIPs who saw that?

Edit, it was in the VIP forum, on 1/24/08.

Originally posted by Oscar

Anyone who sends a member into negative points will have their points strip and will have their point refill priviledge revoked.

At any rate, thanks for the clarification CJD ... hopefully this makes your life a little easier.
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post April 16th, 2008, 9:37 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

lol, you're just now seeing this thread after 2 years, TCon?

Well, okay, in retrospect this topic is a little too angry and discouraging... I think I'm going to go back and overhaul it.

And courthousedoc, to answer your question about the contest idea: if you want to have it approved, you have to talk to either Oscar, Edge, Canadmos, or hyyyper.

Post April 16th, 2008, 9:50 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

disapproved.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post April 17th, 2008, 9:25 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

^ Agreed.

Yeah CJ -- LOL -- talk about falling asleep at the wheel! [lol]
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Return to Contests