Board index Roller Coaster Games Track Advertising Valleyfair Recreation - Lookin' good!

Valleyfair Recreation - Lookin' good!

Advertise your ride here to get it ridden and rated!

Post August 28th, 2015, 9:27 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Wow! This is really coming together! Keep it up!
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Post August 29th, 2015, 2:29 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
This always looks fantastic!

I want to help with the railroad script - logically it seems fairly straight forward, just need to get to grips with the programme language which will take a little time!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post August 31st, 2015, 1:22 am

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
Hey Valleyfair lovers!!!

did a lot of work in the past few days. Messing around with my Mad Mouse coaster I realized it was out of scale and had many things wrong with it. So I went ahead and redid it all. I also did the grounds work and I am happy with how its turning out. Just have a few more details to add as well as the queue.

Plantoris

Post August 31st, 2015, 9:31 am
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points

Post August 31st, 2015, 11:24 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Really awesome, because I know it's hard to make thick supports look like actual coaster structures! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post October 3rd, 2015, 4:18 pm

sorry everyone, I know I'm not great at updating often, but I assure you I'm working hard.

after completing the Mad Mouse I moved onto the surrounding area. I have made most of the buildings and fencing, but still have some details to work out and make it pretty.

next I took on the huge task of building the waterpark, and I'm really glad I did. It was very hard to get started because I didn't know how to do a lot of stuff like the water slides or just water in general. At first I was using the normal NL2 water but then, working with my colleges at Peak Amusements, we figured the best way was to use a good water texture on the model and remove the ground using invisible tracks with the virtual tunnel option. It works very nice but it did take a lot of work to get there.

I also did some work to my Excalibur and will be doing custom supports on it soon. The new tie spacing option helps make nice.

ROUTE 76
Soak City was wearing on me so I moved my focus to a new area. This area has some challenges because Google maps(my main source)does not yet have the street level view of this area, only top down view. also searching the internet you cant find many pictures, luckily I have been there and I have my own pictures 8-) . I also decided to do something new this time. I began taking pics of my building process so you can see how I create.
So here is my main objects I need. Scrambler, Tilt a' whirl, Ripcord(they removed this last year but I will most likely include it just because it looks cool.), and the Antique Auto track.
first I try to get the ground at the right level. One way I do this is using the retaining walls as reference. after getting it nice and flat I get everything lined up using my template you can see peeking out on the left. Place fencing around the Scrambler, and repaint the ground.
next moved down and finished up my half finished Steel Venom Station.
and made a flower box and started on the ramp to the Tilt A Whirl.

that's where I leave off. I am getting very excited for release!
Plantoris

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
It looks great hopefully the rides don't stay static! The only thing I don't like is the pirate ship. It looks way to cartoony for the recreation
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

I agree that Looping Starship could use some adjustments, but other than that, the park is still looking great. :)

Paradox wrote:
It looks great hopefully the rides don't stay static! The only thing I don't like is the pirate ship. It looks way to cartoony for the recreation

unfortunately it looks like most will either be static or a substitute. As cartoony as it is, it looks much better than nothing.
I tried to figure out scripting but it seemed too overwhelming. I have asked several times for help with this and have had nobody step forward. I would also be offering points for work done and full credit.
Plantoris

Just aim for the true completion! I still need to fumble for the words to describe the look of this park! :D

Post October 21st, 2015, 8:04 am

i will for sure be competing this at some point. it may still be a couple of months yet. i will have another update soon. not including flatrides, and scripting i estimate that it is about %85 complete.
Plantoris

Post October 21st, 2015, 9:17 am

^ Thanks for the notice! :)

Post November 4th, 2015, 1:44 pm

SO!

to continue....
I finished models for the Route 76 area, even put a Northern Light placeholder in. Also one of the highlights for this update, the Antique Autos work %100 and are ride-able. I just need to add in all the small details like trashcans and such.

I finished the last building I needed for the entrance. I also touched up some of the other buildings.

I started work on Dinosaurs Alive.

Then my ADD and OCD kicked in and I worked on some trackwork for the corkscrew, high roller, and renegade, corkscrew got new supports that look sexy.

and last but not least, my favorite part of this update. Thanks to Magu for letting me use his Morgan car model.
Wild Thing cars!
and I finished the station for Wild Thing too.

any comments, questions? Is there any park of the park you want to see that I haven't shown?
Plantoris

Post November 4th, 2015, 4:10 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I definitely had my doubts about the shaping of track, but it's actually coming together really nicely. The scenery is exquisite.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post November 4th, 2015, 4:51 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I wish I had the ability to scenery like you can. Everything looks spot-on so far.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post January 15th, 2016, 7:17 pm

GerstlCrazy wrote:
I definitely had my doubts about the shaping of track, but it's actually coming together really nicely. The scenery is exquisite.

I am very interested in your advice. Can you be a little more specific?

I think I've said it before but, I hate writing so I don't update as often as I should. You people do help keep me motivated when you comment. I also appreciate all the support I have received so far.

SO....
I think most of the time since the last update have been spent on optimization. I cleaned up all the models, removing unused sides, removing unused textures, fine tune clipping. This work paid off and it really seems to have eliminated the big FPS drops in most spots. On max settings I'm getting about 20-40 FPS.

I have also been learning new things using the NL2MAT editor. Using shine, reflections, and deformation. I added some touches to things to make it come alive a bit. (pictured below)I made a few trees of my own and got them to sway. I made flags that flap and move. I added shine to a lot of metal/fiberglass objects like the Monster ride for example(no its not scripted).
I also did some custom support work on High Roller if you didn't notice. I also made the High Roller station and added the sign at the top of the lift.

I made some of the planters they have around the park. I also made those cool banners on the lights. They are separate from the light object so you can use it with other lights. Also the banners sway and wave to make the scene come alive. In the background you can also see the footbridge to the Power Tower has been added.

Renegade is now like 99% done. Built both stations, queues, sign, and did some fine tuning of the last half of track.
another angle, you can see the control booth window I did some messing around with transparency and stuff. Also note in the background Hurricane Falls raft ride is taking shape.

lastly, Snoopy's Rocket Express station and track were made. If anyone can walk me through how to use the crosstie script that would be awesome. I cant figure it out. The Entrance/Exit doors on rides were all added and are also scripted to open when you click them. Turnstiles were also added to the rides that use them. Also made the banners move slightly and now the speakers play the Cha-Cha Slide in the Planet Snoopy area.

Its getting closer to being finished. I am aiming to release before Valleyfair real opening day, so a couple months more. Are you guys ready?
Plantoris

Post January 15th, 2016, 7:52 pm
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

The attention to detail here is amazing. Keep up the great work!

Post January 16th, 2016, 2:00 am

^^ I can safely say that this "IS" obviously one of the most realistic park layouts in the world of NL2! I'm not exaggerating anymore! I just have to keep an eye on 3D objects you've created so far spending so much time!

You should win the NLE Park Contest as well! :D
Last edited by lol240 on January 16th, 2016, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post January 16th, 2016, 5:33 am

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,263.00 Points

Post January 16th, 2016, 6:29 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points

Post January 16th, 2016, 7:12 am

^^^^^wait a minute- is that a water slide i can see in the 5th photo?

Post January 16th, 2016, 9:22 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Goddamn dude you made exit gates? The area around Renegade looks especially cool. Your recreation of a whole park puts my recreation of one ride to shame lol. This is probably the best recreation of anything around.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post January 17th, 2016, 5:44 pm

skyscraper wrote:
^^^^^wait a minute- is that a water slide i can see in the 5th photo?

:lol: didn't you read the captions? You just looked at the pictures didn't you. Yes its Hurricane Falls, a 4 person raft slide.

I also forgot to mention I finished The Wave station and bridge, just need the track and boat. I also made the Peanuts stage theatre thing.

And, Thanks to the NL2 development team for the 2 new flats, Enterprise, and the pirate ship. they look much better that the old ones and they fit right into Valleyfair great!

That's all for now.
Plantoris

Post January 19th, 2016, 11:53 am

Post January 20th, 2016, 6:07 am

^ How can I bump properly like you did? I can't find such a neat option in the "Post Reply" mode. I mean, just like this:
Last bumped by sb on DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM.

:)

PreviousNext

Return to Track Advertising