Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 Various options I'm wondering if you can mod/script in?

Various options I'm wondering if you can mod/script in?

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Points on hand: 907.00 Points
Hello all! So I'm a bit new to NL2, though I used NL for many years. As a former ride operator, I LOVE designing custom rides and also doing meticulous recreations.

I'm blown away by the things you can do in NL, and it looks like the game might be very customize-able, so I'm wondering if anyone has successfully done any of the following?

Arrow style transfer tracks with 2 rails - I'm hoping this is easy, or a setting I'm just not seeing? I love the transfer track/switch tracks they added in, but can't seem to figure out (or if it is even possible) to have two parallel rails which slide in tandem the way arrow storage rails do. Maybe there's something with scripting that can be done to change this?

Correct Feeder Wheels for Arrow style coasters - So one thing that appears to be a hang over from NL1 is that corkscrew model coasters have feederwheels which spin laterally in pairs like B&M or similar coasters. However, most Arrow coasters do no have feeders at all, and to my knowledge, the few that do had/have verticle feeder wheels such as what they have on the LIM launch coasters.

Is it possible to swap in the verticle feeders from the LIM model onto corckscrew coasters? (Also, weird thing about Drachen Fire, it had the standard Arrow double transfer/storage track, but also then had two maintenence bays it could back into with feeders. It also had a transfer track on the "safety brakes" rather than right behind the station, so the "main" rail had no feeder wheels, since the train hit it at full speed, but the "transfer" rail did as you can see in the picture above! The "ready brakes" (just behind the station) and the station itself were completely level and used feeders the whole way through. I hope if there's a way to do double transfer tables, you can have feeders on one but not the other so I can recreate this).

Zero Cars on Inverted coasters - Pretty self explanatory there. I know most coasters (or possibly everything but Alpengeist?) don't have it, but maybe there's a way to make a 3d model zero car and script it onto the front of each train?

Storage rails that use brake runs instead of transports - again pretty self explanatory, and again something most arrow coasters do.

Storage rails with invisible rails/ties, but not spines/feeders - I LOVE that you can make track invisible on B&M coasters, and that they have the "storage points" on the trains so you can do more realistic maintenance bays, but if you make the segment invisible, the spine and feeder wheels go too! It makes my coasters appear to move via magic...

A move train backward button in manual mode for blocks other than storage/transfer - I know you can just go full manual and move the train, but I like the auto align of backing a train up from a transfer track to the storage. However, I would love to know if I can script it to do this from the station as well? Usually once the other two trains are stored, you just back the station train out of the station backwards onto the transfer track in real life, I'd love to know if I can add a button for this since it doesn't exist already. (Fun fact, on B&M inverts, this is the only time a train leaves the station with the floor in the "engaged" position!)

Thanks guys! If someones done any of this already, it would be great to know! If not, I guess I'll get to work on figuring out if it's possible on my own!

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Custom track parts have been done, I know Kyle Sloane did some awesome work with 3D track importing. As for the rest of what you want you can do pretty much all of it with scripting
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Yea, as Turbo said, a lot of this can be done with scripting.
Here is a link to what Kyle Sloane did with a lot of scripting.

Points on hand: 907.00 Points
Awesome, thanks guys! Is there a list of "planned updates" anywhere? I found a thread today where a dev mentioned the "double transfer table" is a possibility on the to do list. It'd be nice to start working on scripts for things NOT on the to-do list first.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
^ Nope, they won't say it is being planned until it is done in most cases.
However, if you listen to this podcast, you can hear about some things that are upcoming.

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2