Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Vekoma Boomerang with Lapbars....

Vekoma Boomerang with Lapbars....

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post August 29th, 2007, 1:58 am

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
ok nevermind. OW!!! crap that looks painful. there is no padding on the seats, if you look further down on the page, you'll see there are the cars running with the lapbars just like they are right now
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post August 29th, 2007, 2:42 am

Points on hand: 1,615.00 Points

Post August 29th, 2007, 3:39 am

Points on hand: 2,400.00 Points

Post September 3rd, 2007, 4:52 pm

Points on hand: 2,219.00 Points

Idk.. Those people dont look like they are in pain im rather confused..

O well.

Post September 3rd, 2007, 5:57 pm

Points on hand: 929.00 Points
Bank: 2,385.00 Points
The lats would probably hurt a little, but everywhere else looks great!

Sort a rip off of Dragster, however.

Post September 3rd, 2007, 6:23 pm

Points on hand: 89.00 Points

Originally posted by EElover2

Originally posted by riccoaster

Looks cool if it works with Premier it could work with Vekoma.

Those are not Premier trains, but it would be cool to see that. It probably would hurt, but hey, which Boomerang doesn't? [hello]

The one at Powerpark... it rocks!

I love how when arrow invented horse collars it was to make people 'feel more secure' when they went upside down, now everyone's designing restraints and trains which make people feel less secure. I imagine this would enhance the overall experience of the ride, although I would have expected more padding.

Post September 3rd, 2007, 6:48 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Well, to me at least, the Arrow restraints aren't bad at all. As long as you are tall enough that your head is above the restraints you're fine. Viper when I rode it almost four years ago was a real headbanger, but now there is not a problem.

Post September 3rd, 2007, 7:20 pm
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 153.00 Points
Those trains are probably the coolest looking ones I have ever seen. Second, those restraints wouldn't bother me that much. It really goes on most of the stomach and if its uncomfortable on the reverse incline they have those hand grabber rails right in front of you. Don't really have to worry about laterals either now.

Post September 3rd, 2007, 7:25 pm

Points on hand: 929.00 Points
Bank: 2,385.00 Points
And, some Boomerangs are better than others. Like comparing the Boomerang at Wild Adventures (best Boomerang EVER) and Boomerang at KBF there is a huge difference. This probably is one of the better ones, but we do not know for sure until we ride it.

Post September 3rd, 2007, 10:06 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
I find that I havent really ridden an Arrow or Vekoma that for 90% of the ride I cant ride properly and not get thrown around. Of course you get those few jolts that you cant avoid but most people ride them too "soft" instead of a bit defensive and keeping their heads firmly against the headrest. I do just fine.

Post September 3rd, 2007, 11:41 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

i agree.. viper at magic mountain can be a painful ride for me.. i found that i hva to sit in the front seat of any car so that i can stretch my legs.. otherwise im smashed by a combination of the seat in front of me and the horse collars.. and yes.. headrests are good..

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions