Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Verruckt Verified as World's Tallest Waterslide

Verruckt Verified as World's Tallest Waterslide

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
How does careening down a 168 foot, 7 inch tall waterslide sound you? The thrill seekers out there will certainly answer with a resounding "sounds fun!" but many will have some hesitations about that plunge.

It has been a long wait, but Schlitterbahn Kansas City has finally revealed that the height of Verruckt is the aforementioned 168 feet, 7 inches. That makes the ride the tallest of its kind in the world, and that has quickly been verified for the park by Guinness Book of World Records.
For those who are not familiar, Verruckt is not a body slide, rather you and three friends ride down that massive drop in a raft. The speed gained will send the rafts up over a large hill - expected to provide a nice dose of air time for riders. After the hill there is a run out section that slows the rafts before passengers disembark.

The new slide is still being tested, so a final speed is not yet been determined. If the testing process goes as planned, the new slide with open at Schlitterbahn Kansas City on May 23rd.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Lol that hill looks so wrong.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I'm glad they finally started with landscaping, all the construction dirt made it look cheap
What are these for?

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,557.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

man, cool5 would really get a kick out of this!
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

This one may give me some poop at the seat of my pants, but other than that looks awesome!
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Verruckt: Crazy in German. Looks steeper than a ski jump track! xD Oh my.... I'm losing my words.... gosh.
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Update!
Looks like the opening will be delayed until June 5th.
The only reason given for the cause of the delay is that the maintenance and technicians are having to re-test, calibrate, adjust the ride over and over again until they get it right.

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Why would they put the height on the drop like that. That looks so stupid

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Probably because they wanted to make it quite clear that it's the highest? Idk. Does look kinda dumb.

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Yeah but it's not going to be the tallest forever, or probably very long for that matter. Whoever manufactures this slide is going to catch the eyes of all kinds of water parks. And then one is going to be like, "I WANT OURS TO BE 168 FT. 9 IN." And that giant 7 on Verruckt is going to be a disgrace...

P.S. that's at least 250 steps, that's horse****.

All that being said I would definitely ride this and be scared like a *****

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
GerstlCrazy wrote:
Why would they put the height on the drop like that. That looks so stupid

I think that's a banner laid out on the slide. If you look at the picture from the top you can see ropes on the slide going over the edge.
Plantoris

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I think we all hope so, or that someone is really good at photoshop
What are these for?

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Even if it's ugly it'll be fun. I think tacky may be a better word than ugly.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

Schlitterbahn will delay the opening of the world??????s tallest water slide, the Verruckt, until at least June 5, according to a spokesperson for the park.

Park Spokesman Layne Pitcher would not discuss specific issues about the slide, which in April was certified as the world??????s tallest at 168 feet and 7 inches and is a one-of-a-kind design.

Pitcher said continuing tweaks would require some ??????taking apart and putting back together?????? of the slide. The slide??????s opening was planned for the park??????s opening day, May 23, but could be delayed even past the first week of June.

Inspection records for Schlitterbahn and other parks in Kansas are not available to the public, but must be produced to state officials upon request.

The delay could be costly for Schlitterbahn, particularly in the short-term.

Park officials had long described Verruckt as the new marquee attraction at the Kansas park, even touting a $2 million economic impact at its unveiling in April.

With Verruckt out of commission on opening weekend-- the lucrative Memorial Day holiday weekend-- thrill seekers looking for the biggest and newest ride might flock to Worlds of Fun instead. That park plans to begin service of its much-promoted SteelHawk on Saturday, May 24.

Some would be-riders and parents said they were concerned about the cause of the delay, which has not yet been specifically explained by park officials.

"Based upon their adjustments, I don't think I'd let my kids on it now," KC parent Cassandra Lewis said.

But others said they were glad the park was taking its time to perfect the ride before opening it to the public.

"I'd rather they take their time and make sure it's put together correctly and make sure it's safe for the community," Becky Benak said.

Source: http://www.wxyz.com/news/local-news/ope ... -delayed-1

Wut Woah...

Points on hand: 961.00 Points
Bank: 165.00 Points

Turbo User avatar

Go to 54 seconds. they get air. BIG air.

Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Points on hand: 961.00 Points
Bank: 165.00 Points
Insane?.... I think stupid... ill stick to coasters

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Mikey wrote:
Pitcher said continuing tweaks would require some ??????taking apart and putting back together?????? of the slide. The slide??????s opening was planned for the park??????s opening day, May 23, but could be delayed even past the first week of June.

That's never good.
Turbo wrote:
Go to 54 seconds. they get air. BIG air.

If you get that much air on the real ride, I think some serious injuries may occur from it.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Mikey wrote:
"Based upon their adjustments, I don't think I'd let my kids on it now," KC parent Cassandra Lewis said.

ITS SAFER NOW NOT LETTING MY KIDS ON THAT.

??!?
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points

Turbo User avatar

SkyArrow wrote:
That might actually be scarier than Deep Water Dive.

relevant pic is relevant

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
POV. gets boosted up and over the airtime hill which is suitably lame (but to be expected i guess!) Also the news article suggest you were strapped in? is this common? seems a little dangrous if the raft tipped?

Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!