Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Video Camera

Video Camera

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post September 28th, 2004, 2:29 pm

Points on hand: 573.00 Points
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and have enjoyed its content for the last few weeks.

I love coasters the sims and the real ones, and am intrigued by the coaster video

When on a ride and filming, is the camera handheld or helmet attached?

Since I am planning in buying a new video camera, I would like some feedback from the experts out there.

On the rides where they even force you to take your glasses of, is there a way to get a video made or do we have to wait for a tv special

Thanks you in advance for any help in that department

Zorro 50

Post September 28th, 2004, 2:38 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,602.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

the cameras here have been both handheld and helmet attached with the more popular method of handheld. as for coasters where they make you take off your shades, that's where you get sneaky and pull the cam out when no one is looking and the train has or is leaving the station.
Note: we do not recommendc you do this as we have had one member loose a $600 brand spanking new camera on apollo's chariot when it flew off and landed in the water never to be recovered. So use your best judgement and don't blame us! [lol]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post September 28th, 2004, 2:50 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

I think the main people who take the cams on rides here are me...of course [lol] Xtreme15 and DjJavixxxxx. So if you want any questions answered were the guys to ask.

Usualy i sneak the camera onride. However it all depends on what type of coaster you go on. At Port Aventura they let you take loose articles on the ride. So i casualy walked onto stampida with my camera in its bag and placed in on the floor of the train. After your restraints are checked you begin to get your camera out making your way up the lift. However do not get your camera out in full view untill you reach the top of the lift as most coasters have CCTV watching you go up the lift, and in some cases can stip the ride. Once youve crested the lift with the camera out and recording your pretty much safe from there on in. Just remember not to make it look obvious as you get off the ride [;)]

Btw we have another vid coming maybe tonight or tomorrow with some onrides [;)]

Post September 28th, 2004, 2:58 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,602.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

2 vids, same park, one general park and onride and the other one full onride vid of couple of coasters of that park [;)]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post September 28th, 2004, 3:00 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,888.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

You could always tape it to your hand I suppose, just for a firmer grip on it. Thats what I would do anyway, I'd just have my hand in my coat or something so that no one saw that I had a camera taped to my hand haha

Return to Off Topic Discussion