Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Video Editing

Video Editing

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post February 14th, 2004, 4:11 pm

Points on hand: 3,673.00 Points

To all those who dabble in editing your own videos what program do you use? I have been messing with Premire and MGI and both have good features altho Premire is a bit overwhelming to start off with.
The reason I ask is I have over 6 hours of video of my home park Carowinds that I am going to chop up and edit by rides, shopping, eateries, shows, and the park in general. The main problem I have is I do not want to sacrifice quality but I don't want the videos being 6 gig in size either.

Post February 14th, 2004, 5:22 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

i and to my knowledge so does Xtreme15, use Windows Movie Maker 2 (XP comes with windows movie maker, but you can download update from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/movi ... maker2.asp ) Its fast and easy to use and has significant amount of transitions and effects to keep everyone happy.

Post February 14th, 2004, 6:30 pm

Points on hand: 3,673.00 Points

Yep, I too play with Movie Maker2. I like how it splits the segments up. You know, every time you hit pause or stop while recording, it makes it's own segment. The only thing I don't like about it is that sometimes it won't let me change formats.

Post February 14th, 2004, 7:12 pm

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
Originally posted by The Edge

i and to my knowledge so does Xtreme15, use Windows Movie Maker 2 (XP comes with windows movie maker, but you can download update from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/movi ... maker2.asp ) Its fast and easy to use and has significant amount of transitions and effects to keep everyone happy.

Yea, I agree on that. I also tried other programs like adobe premiere but it is way too complicated. I worked with movie maker 1 before but it was too basic to be true, so you had to make your own effects with other programs. Anyway I downloaded the V2 update and I think it is pretty good. It's really easy and it got about all the functions I would use in any other program but I know where to find them here [lol]

Post February 15th, 2004, 3:55 am

Points on hand: 3,564.00 Points
I use pinnacle studio 8 its very easy to use and fast the only problem
is you only get one video track so you cant do flashy picture in picture stuff, you could give ulead's studio 7 a go its a bit slow
but has plenty of features!.

Just been messing with the demo version of magix video deluxe 2
this i a pretty good piece of software it allowd 16 tracks of audio
video pictures! and at ?????????29.99 the price is pretty good two!

Post February 15th, 2004, 3:19 pm

Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points
The last video I made (BGT Remix for V.I.P.) I used Adobe Premiere,but all my other vids are with Windows Movie Maker 2.

Post February 17th, 2004, 2:37 pm

Points on hand: 3,008.00 Points

Return to Off Topic Discussion