Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Vital - Layout Completed

Vital - Layout Completed

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post September 8th, 2008, 9:28 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points

Post September 8th, 2008, 9:39 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
tester? im always willing. My email is coasterrider86@gmail.com or my aim is rollerbstrd.

Post September 8th, 2008, 9:53 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
^I've already got plenty of people looking at this ride, thanks for the offer though.

I'm moving on, if Jakizle can and learn I'm just trying to make a fun ride like him...

Well I was feeling kinda tacky tonight, so I thought I'd put shrubbery in the waterplash, and see how it looks. To me, it didn't look half bad, but I got some mixed opinions on it.

What do you think?

Post September 8th, 2008, 11:42 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

When speaking of others, I meant others in NL. I didn't copy Diamondback, but took influence from it. I understand that you may have taken influence from my ride, but you didn't have to virtually copy it, intentional or not.

Tiepilot, my apologies. For some reason I thought you had posted, while it was really KrazyT. As for everyone else posting about the issue, seriously stay out of business that's not yours and stop sucking up to Gerstlcrazy.

Anyways, about the splash, I'd say you should add some sort of guest interaction or make the splash in more of a natural setting, not in a rectangular pool.

Post September 9th, 2008, 12:03 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I agree with Jakizle. It's a very similar ending, and yes people do notice. I've had several people tell me that one of my rides looked like some other ride... that was released after mine. Now with a B&M design, where they usually don't vary their layouts too too much, can you imagine the effect your having almost the same ending would have on the opinions of those who download Jakizle's ride, considering the layout isn't changed very much and that, generally rather than original elements, defines the originality of a B&M coaster? With people being so interested in all the coasters that either of you release, do you *really* think nobody will notice?

Out of courtesy and maybe as a compromise, I say keep the ending and release after Jakizle...however long that may take. Jakizle has done the same for me, when I've worked on something for a long time and he's done some similar coaster. He's courteous enough to extend that thought to me, so I'd hope you would understand what I'm saying and do the same for him. If the similarities are no big deal to you as you seem to imply, then just release afterwards and accept any downrates you may receive for it. He did it first, why should you get all the credit for the layout? Yeah they're both based on the same ride, but IMO yours is too similar to his.

Also, so as not to blame GerstlCrazy too much, sometimes one can be influenced by a fellow designer's design a little too much without realizing it. I believe Jake never intended to make some designs similar to mine, but it happened somewhat accidentally occasionally in the past, and he was very couteous when we discussed it. So yeah maybe you didn't do it on purpose, that's fine, but just consider his feelings when deciding what to do.

Post September 9th, 2008, 5:30 am

Points on hand: 290.00 Points

Wow! This topic is tense! I'm glad none of you guys have seen mine & Vid's B&M Mega! [lol]

Post September 9th, 2008, 12:07 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Why would you guys want to put in a banked hill I mean honestly?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 9th, 2008, 12:10 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points

Post September 9th, 2008, 1:45 pm

Coasterkid, mine is more of a Raging Bull style hill, but the layout idea is still the same with his being used in the same spot.

Post September 9th, 2008, 3:55 pm

Originally posted by dcs221

Out of courtesy and maybe as a compromise, I say keep the ending and release after Jakizle...however long that may take.

I would do that in a second if Jakizle had been a little more courteous like you said he had been to you...

Dude...we have issues. From the MCBR to the end of the ride, you do almost the SAME exact thing as me. Drop - air hill - banked hill - helix to water splash - hill to turn to brakes. Not cool man...

He seems very accusing there and fails to give me any chance.

Had he come to me on AIM like, "I feel like your ending is too similar to mine and I assumed you didn't do it intentionally. But some of your element and layout choice matches closely to my ride and I just wanted to point out that it looked suspicious to me."

To that, I would've given back a nice, "I see where you're coming from, I honestly didn't mean for it to match up so closely but that's what the editor limits really restricted me to doing."

He called me out a little too blatantly which set the entire conflict on a poor note.

Otherwise, I will probably end up releasing after him by default. Unless by some miracle I become fond of supports...

Post September 9th, 2008, 4:19 pm

Post September 9th, 2008, 4:33 pm

Lol, nahh.

I told you his ride will be uploaded before mine anyway. You just refuse to see through anyone else's eyes.

Post September 9th, 2008, 5:26 pm

You said 'probably.' Am I not seeing through Jake's eyes right now? Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I don't see your point of view. I considered both arguments, and agreed with one. Sorry, it's not yours. Why are you so constantly argumentative?

Post September 9th, 2008, 6:36 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Does it even matter? It is just a 'game' after all...

My suggestion is for the both of you to come up with a single layout and then you both build the exact same thing, upload them during the same week and make a competition out of it. [:)]

Post September 9th, 2008, 6:47 pm

Originally posted by dcs221

You said 'probably.' Am I not seeing through Jake's eyes right now? Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I don't see your point of view. I considered both arguments, and agreed with one. Sorry, it's not yours. Why are you so constantly argumentative?

I guess I've just never liked admitting when I'm wrong; something I work on. I'm sorry for retaliating so hard.

Meh. I'm too lazy to go back and edit up the layout if that's what Jakizle was trying to accomplish. I was told by some that it wasn't too big of a deal and not to worry about it, but if it causes so much trouble it's not really even worth going on to supports, which I hate. We'll see. Sorry again.

Post September 9th, 2008, 6:54 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

I wouldn't bother either, as long as YOU built it.

Post September 9th, 2008, 6:59 pm

Points on hand: 2,219.00 Points

Gerst, don't worry about it. You guys have seperate layouts, each built with different formulas, and you both worked hard to achieve something you wanted. To me, it wouldn't matter how similar a layout is, only that I am satisfied with my own work. Now, on the other hand, maybe if you would have completely stolen his trackwork, via element or whatever, then I would have a problem. But being since you both did your own seperate formulas, I don't see the problem.

Also, Jakizle why are you flipping if your banked hill isn't even close to Gersts, you said it was more of a Raging Bull style.

I'm sorry for throwing myself into this, I just think everyone is overreacting over something that is not a big deal.

Post September 9th, 2008, 8:03 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Emos cannot be reasoned with.

Post September 9th, 2008, 8:23 pm

What may be a big deal to one may not be a big deal to another, Lewis. Speak for yourself! And the type of banked hill doesn't really matter, it's more about the flow of the layout.

And I didn't call you out in the first post...I was just letting you know. However you chose to try to defend something that can't really be defended and that set us up for an argument.

Like I said before, I used to make the same mistake when I started designing, but I have learned from it and moved it. It actually looks like you might do the same ;).

Post September 9th, 2008, 10:05 pm

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
@Jakizle / Jake
I wouldn't play the "I Made The Same Mistakes When I Started Building" Card with him. I don't know how long u guys have been on the site or who came first, but I know Jake is a very experienced designer.
Buuuuuuttt, I am not going against you. Yet I am not going with you.
You said he?????????s defending an argument that can't be defended, which in a way your right. But aren?????????t you encouraging that argument by continuing this little battle between you two?
I just think both of you should just stop going back and forth and make your rides in peace.
First of all, just cause it's the same elements doesn't mean it's going to turn out EXACTLY the same. Secondly, if a (or part) of a layout is good, it is eventually going to be done again. That?????????s why there's coaster clones, right?
Third of all, my god! Does it really matter? FVDs are as hard as *Bleep* to edit without starting from scratch again. And I am almost 100% Jake won't do that again after already re-starting the layout once before. So it's not like he?????????s going to have an epiphany and go and change over 35% of his ride because it looks like someone else?????????s. If it bothers you so much then change your track
All I'm saying is that both of you are wrong, and both of you are right. And there's no point in this convorsation, one side will defend their argument while the other defends theirs. Both of you should just suck it up and quit acting like n00bs that are arguing about who?????????s better in NL.
.......That?????????s all I have to say.

Post September 9th, 2008, 10:10 pm

Oh my god Ian just don't. I've kinda made my peace with it and you're just saying the wrong things.

Post September 9th, 2008, 10:17 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

An emo shutting up? Nahhhhh

Post September 9th, 2008, 10:29 pm

hahaha yeah it was pretty much over ianko66...you're a little late bro.

Post September 9th, 2008, 10:47 pm

Points on hand: 2,219.00 Points

Well Im just glad everything's resolved. [;D]

All this arguing was saddening my day. Anyways Gerst, how are the supports coming?

Post September 9th, 2008, 11:46 pm

While I don't want to deal with it anymore, because I know what I made was original, I just wanna say that even if we were both right, one of us had to be right first ;).

Goodnighty

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area