Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster WeeWeeSlap, compact coaster question

WeeWeeSlap, compact coaster question

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post January 22nd, 2003, 1:58 pm

Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points
Hey can you give me some tips on how you come up with such good compack coaster?I been working on one but I just suck!Can you tell me how you come up with yours or give me some tips?Thanks

-----------------------------
Are you ready?Are you ready for TOP THRILL DRAGSTER?
Last edited by G Force Addict on January 22nd, 2003, 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post January 22nd, 2003, 2:16 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,602.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

lol, I don't make compact coasters. Only compact one I have is IMPACT. That one I chose to go with a short lift, a little over 100 feet then I just dropped it and used combo of elements that would reverse the direction of travel and what not so you basically end up going back and forth through the same path in different maneuvers. If you take too much speed then you'll up sacrificing tightness or else you'll end up wioth high g's. Another tip is do it with tracks which you are good with. Also on compact coasters use tighter turns than usual to make a 40 mph turn feel like a 65 mph turn. Well that's about all I know LOL if I can remember some more I'll let you know, also plan a head of bit and try to get a feel of how things will play out and affect the track that you'll lay ahead of it, i.e. if it'll get in the way of the other track thus making me make my design bigger to accomodate that turn, inversion etc..

Post January 22nd, 2003, 2:25 pm

Thanks!Im not much of a compack coaster builder unless its with inverted.

Post January 23rd, 2003, 1:56 am

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
I have loved making compact coasters so I'll through in a few helpful hints.

- Squeez out every amount of space you can find. For instance, after you build a segment or an inversion you want, look at the area the coaster can go, and try to imagine where you can take it. Get creative, get very creative.

- Don't worry about the supports. Making supports is half the fun in making compact coasters. I think the supports add much to them.

j/w wat is the footprint you want to make this in?

Post January 23rd, 2003, 11:58 am

I dont have a foot print,but I think im going to make me a box to limit my building space.

Post January 24th, 2003, 11:51 am

Points on hand: 5,877.00 Points

I like compact coasters a lot too, although I haven't finished many.

Look at all the old Schwarzkopf coasters, like Jet Star I. (it's extremely compact). He made the tracks in many levels and blocks. They had two sides with space in the middle. Lift(s) were on one side and the final brakes on other. The sides change to make it more exciting.

My tip is to follow the rule of almost every other turn to right and every other to left and after building the first turn, think how it could go on another as compactly as possible. Do this a couple of times and after the track goes through the area as many times as you'd plan, build even one more lap. Even if you wouldn't have space, try raising the track pieces in the 3d view a little higher.

Return to No Limits Coaster