Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 What are YOU doing in NL2 Right now?

What are YOU doing in NL2 Right now?

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post March 16th, 2015, 4:51 pm

Points on hand: 6,842.00 Points
@Dapalm What you have seems good! I like the idea and you'd definitely get points for uniqueness and originality! The only that I would say is maybe slow the launch down a little so that way the deceleration into the brakes aren't has harsh. BUT that's just my opinion ;)

P.S I'm assuming you're going to try to get a hold of some 6-seater trains?
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Post March 16th, 2015, 5:13 pm

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
Bank: 122.00 Points
Thanks! Reducing the launch speed is not necessary. It uses the default deceleration (0,8 I think), but the trigger isn't at the beginning, so I can reduce it more. Anyway, I haven't played with the settings yet. And no, I will use the default NL trains, as I don't have the smaller trains. Forces are ok anyway, max lateral G force is 1,1.

Post March 16th, 2015, 5:29 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I think the trackwork is great Dapalm. Mess around with the transition between the immelman and the zero G roll so it's a continuous curve instead of that pop I noticed entering the zero G roll. Check your lats on all four outer corners of the train in that first up-twist element after the launch. If you say they're 1.1 I would look into reducing that; that's quite harsh. Looks beautiful and realistic so far.

Post March 16th, 2015, 7:42 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points

Post March 17th, 2015, 5:21 am

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points

Post March 17th, 2015, 7:24 am

tiepilot35 wrote:
I think the trackwork is great Dapalm. Mess around with the transition between the immelman and the zero G roll so it's a continuous curve instead of that pop I noticed entering the zero G roll. Check your lats on all four outer corners of the train in that first up-twist element after the launch. If you say they're 1.1 I would look into reducing that; that's quite harsh. Looks beautiful and realistic so far.

After watching a PoV of Superman La Atraccion de Acero (which has a similar immelmann-zero G combo), I think the problem is the 0G roll and not the transition not being continuous. I'd say the forces are fine. A little low maybe. If you see the highest rated dive machines in the exchange they all get about 1,5Gs. Same thing happens with wingriders, I think it has to do with NL not measuring forces right on this wide trains. Thanks for your opinion :)

Well, so I have to make some minor adjustments to the immelman and redo the 0G roll.

Post March 17th, 2015, 3:49 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Dapalm wrote:
I think it has to do with NL not measuring forces right on this wide trains. Thanks for your opinion :)

I'm intrigued as to why you think that these abnormal G readouts from abnormal elements are because NL doesn't calculate the g-forces right. Naturally a wider train is subject to more laterals when you apply a twist about the center - even worse when its heartline is higher (as with dive trains opposed to wingriders).

Also I agree with tiepilot on the transition - looks like you've got a massive pump between the two elements in terms of vertical G's. Needs smoothing out perhaps.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post March 17th, 2015, 4:04 pm

Because it happens in every element on both dives and wingriders. Is not that first element which gets 1,1Gs, it's the zero G roll. I can't compare it with a dive machine zero G roll, but making a wingrider zero G roll and comparing it to a real one with same rotation speed G forces are very high.

Post March 17th, 2015, 5:12 pm
mkingy User avatar

Out of interest have you ridden a wingrider?

I only ask because the vest restraints are very forgiving on lateral G's as they support your upper body extermely well - there's a tonne of hangtime through those elements I don't think you'd see B&M really go for that without the vest restraint (Wingrides, Flyers and notably Banshee). Dive machines with 0g rolls and small scale immelmans tend to be 6 across - I don't think thats coincidental personally.
Coaster Count - 198

Post March 17th, 2015, 5:26 pm

Points on hand: 4,689.00 Points
Bank: 1,372.00 Points
^To add to that about the vest restraints, I think B&M would have put them on Hydra if they had the idea to put them on regular sitting trains as well as flyers at the time.

Post March 17th, 2015, 5:51 pm

Points on hand: 837.00 Points
Started this about 2 weeks ago and really happy with the output so far :D Any issues that stick out let me know!

Post March 17th, 2015, 7:30 pm

Post March 17th, 2015, 7:59 pm

mkingy wrote:

I only ask because the vest restraints are very forgiving on lateral G's as they support your upper body extermely well - there's a tonne of hangtime through those elements I don't think you'd see B&M really go for that without the vest restraint (Wingrides, Flyers and notably Banshee). Dive machines with 0g rolls and small scale immelmans tend to be 6 across - I don't think thats coincidental personally.

Well, I've ridden one wingrider - but not a B&M one. Anyway, B&M normal OTSR are pretty good with high lateral forces too. Any old school B&M pulls more than 1 lateral G and I can assure they ride great.

Post March 17th, 2015, 9:08 pm

Points on hand: 4,689.00 Points
Bank: 1,372.00 Points

Post March 17th, 2015, 10:12 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
270 degree drop Artpop?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post March 18th, 2015, 5:18 am

Points on hand: 837.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
270 degree drop Artpop?

Yes :D All Gs are fine too, might spend abit more time on the track work and maybe the layout.

Post March 18th, 2015, 6:52 am
mkingy User avatar

Dapalm wrote:
mkingy wrote:

Well, I've ridden one wingrider - but not a B&M one. Anyway, B&M normal OTSR are pretty good with high lateral forces too. Any old school B&M pulls more than 1 lateral G and I can assure they ride great.

Hmm perhaps I didn't express myself correctly. My point was that wingriders and dive machines do pull higher lateral G-Forces and thus blaming the simulator for the high lats rather than the design of the element is a bit naive. I'd accept 1.1 laterals on a dive machine - you could argue you'd put in vest restraints anyway and it'd be fine.

My reasoning behind this is that wingriders have vest restraints which make higher laterals more comfortable as they pin you into the seat.

Dive machines typically have normal restraints and such avoid much higher lateral forces by having 6 across trains if they are navigating tight elements like 0g rolls.
Coaster Count - 198

Post March 18th, 2015, 12:12 pm

Post March 18th, 2015, 4:04 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Post March 18th, 2015, 4:16 pm

Post March 18th, 2015, 7:13 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post March 19th, 2015, 8:10 am

@mkingy I read in this forum that NL had a problem with these wide trains, giving spikes that shouldn't be there. Must be wrong though, and if true it isn't a great margin. I haven't ridden any coaster with the vest restraints, but yeah, they look more comfortable for this kind of forces. I'm not too fond on them anyway. Would be awesome if B&M made a multilooper with lapbars. It seems more and more manufacturers are joining this great trend nowadays, and B&M shouldn't have a lot of problems keeping in mind their coasters aren't the most intense thing out there.

@Cool5 you've totally mastered that style. Love how you always come up with new concepts.

Post March 19th, 2015, 8:12 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Dapalm wrote:
@mkingy I read in this forum that NL had a problem with these wide trains, giving spikes that shouldn't be there. Must be wrong though, and if true it isn't a great margin. I haven't ridden any coaster with the vest restraints, but yeah, they look more comfortable for this kind of forces. I'm not too fond on them anyway. Would be awesome if B&M made a multilooper with lapbars. It seems more and more manufacturers are joining this great trend nowadays, and B&M shouldn't have a lot of problems keeping in mind their coasters aren't the most intense thing out there.

@Cool5 you've totally mastered that style. Love how you always come up with new concepts.

I always thought the Batman clones would be really cool with only lapbars.

Post March 20th, 2015, 8:34 pm

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
800.jpg

Thought about making an extreme fantasy terrain coaster semi-inspired by AmatsuNL''s Trailblazer. Shown here is the ride's signature element, a massive 800 ft drop that will sustain floater air for much of the way down. Also, the name I picked out might be at least mildly amusing. That's all I made so far.

Post March 20th, 2015, 8:42 pm

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
That drop actually looks like it could kill me, not because of the Gs but because my heart would probably stop in sheer terror :-o Also, I'm quite flattered :P
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

PreviousNext

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2