Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion What is the most underestimated roller coaster?

What is the most underestimated roller coaster?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Points on hand: 2,664.00 Points
What is the most underestimated coaster in your opinion? Mine would have to be Top Gun at Paramounts Great America. It's such a thrilling inverted coaster and no one thinks so.[V]
Last edited by fraroc on September 3rd, 2007, 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post August 26th, 2007, 9:41 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

I have to say wildfire at sdc. That ride is my favorite ever.
Trim breaks are your enemy, retracking/smoothing is your friend. I miss b&m floored sit downs. coaster count=39

Post August 26th, 2007, 9:42 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points

Post August 26th, 2007, 9:45 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Excalibur at Valleyfair. People totally look at that thing not expecting it to be fun at all or too short. But it's a rough rider, has great airtime over the first hill in the back and great (slightly painful) airtime over the bunny hill in the front. Wonderful positives on that low-ground turn, a fantastic lateral in the front right on that huge coasting turnaround, and two hella spectacular headchoppers...It truly has everything you could ask for in such a short layout. It's my favorite ride, truly kick-ass...
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post August 26th, 2007, 9:50 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I would have to say Richard McKinelley. He really does an amazing job in casting horror flicks.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post August 26th, 2007, 9:57 pm

Points on hand: 2,336.00 Points
Underestimated? Would not it be underrated? And Coaster, as Coasterkidmwm pointed out.
Gay sex is great! (Qwerty 18:22)

Post August 26th, 2007, 10:07 pm

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

^^^ Darn. Beat me to it.
My body isn't a temple. It's an amusement park.

Post August 26th, 2007, 10:10 pm

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

TxCyclone was seriously underrated in its final years. Most people only rode it during the horrible "coffin car" years and never really got a chance to truly enjoy what it had to offer after those things were removed.

Of course, in the 70's (before the coffin cars), it was the undisputed #1 coaster on earth. Holy cow, what an amazing ride! There has never been a coaster that had the power to scare the crap out of me like that one. If I happened to be in the back seat, I'd get scared going up the lift, just knowing what was coming up...
My body isn't a temple. It's an amusement park.

Post August 26th, 2007, 10:58 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Post August 26th, 2007, 11:01 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
For me I would have to say Montezooma's Revenge. I didn't expect the kind of power and g's in the loop that that ride had.

Post August 26th, 2007, 11:16 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

New Mexico Rattler!

No one ever talks about it, yet it has an awesome layout (drop, tunnel), really good pacing, killer laterals, and sweet ejector airtime!

Post August 26th, 2007, 11:37 pm

Points on hand: 929.00 Points
Bank: 2,385.00 Points

Post August 26th, 2007, 11:42 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Originally posted by Jakizle

New Mexico Rattler!

No one ever talks about it, yet it has an awesome layout (drop, tunnel), really good pacing, killer laterals, and sweet ejector airtime!

I have to aggree with you there. That ride has some sweet air and pacing is awesome. It coulden't get much better.
Trim breaks are your enemy, retracking/smoothing is your friend. I miss b&m floored sit downs. coaster count=39

Post August 27th, 2007, 12:15 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points

New Mexico Rattler!

Thats a lie I talk about that ride.

Post August 27th, 2007, 12:20 am

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

For the 3rd time...

Maverick
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Post August 27th, 2007, 12:39 am

Points on hand: 1,151.00 Points

Well, if this is about "underrated coasters", then my pick would have to be Thunder Run at SFKK. It may look rather bland, but I always end up riding it way more than anything else in the park. It's unique, fun, rerideable, and generally underrated...

Post August 27th, 2007, 3:50 am

Points on hand: 1,902.00 Points
Originally posted by B and M

New Mexico Rattler!

I have to aggree with you there. That ride has some sweet air and pacing is awesome. It coulden't get much better.

I also agree, let's make a topic about New Mexico Rattler [:D][:D][:D]... Or let's not do that...

Post August 27th, 2007, 6:44 am

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

its a very simple answer to this.

its definetly megaphobia at oakwood studios. dont look to impressive but every hill has air time, the turns have extream lats, and more than anything it has lots and lots of speed and dosent slow at any point. its small rikerty but the most fun you can have on a classicly styled woodie
Making screams come true

Post August 27th, 2007, 6:50 am

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
underestimated - Phoenix at Knoebels. Looks nothing different then a common older woodie. Sooo much airtime, obviously a top wooden coaster in the world.

underrated - i dunno. BTR's, Comet @ Hershey Park, Big Bad Wolf at Busch Gardens Europe.

Post August 27th, 2007, 8:16 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Mine has to be Ultimate at Lightwater Valley. Probably my most lethal coaster experience ever. It really does beat the crap out of you and also succeeded in smashing my camera to pieces. But it is both underated and underestimated. The ride from the back seat is so much fun, and is still one of my favourite rides, even though i havent visited the park in quite a while. Because the train is so long, you are really pulled over the peak of drops, and the drop after the second lift into the valley really ejects you out of the seat when you're in the back. Plus the turns through the trees, though painful at times, are just chaos. It has this real out of control feeling that not many steel coasters manage. I love it. =]

Post August 27th, 2007, 8:31 am

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

Katun and Sequoia adventure. Probably becouse many haven't ridden them yet, and they don't speak about them very much. For instance, you cant find Katun on Coasterforce. Anyway, Katun is pure fun from the beggining to the end. The first drop is amazing, and so are the rest of the elements, It's very intense and the pacing never stops. Pure thrill! Sequoia is fun too, from start to finish. It's quite scary, when you reach the saxophone, and you can't see the rest of the track under you. and, believe it or not, it's very forceful. The negatives on the flips are insane, almost painful, and the positives are high too!

Post August 27th, 2007, 10:50 am

Points on hand: 895.00 Points

Post August 27th, 2007, 11:05 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

The coaster I most underestimated was Coaster @ Playland. I thought it would be a fun ride, and the majority of the enjoyment come from it's character than actual ride experience. I was way off on that one, as the ride turned out to be an immensely intense, brutal-airtime laced beast.

Post August 27th, 2007, 11:33 am
Jer User avatar

Points on hand: 1,089.00 Points

Batman & Robin: The Chiller @ Great Adventure

stop giving it shiz becuase it's always closed blah blah, it's a fun ride and the launches are very powerful.
Phoenix|Maverick|Skyrush|RFII|Leviathan|Bizzaro[SFNE]|Bdash|Griffon|El Toro|Verbolten
RIP Chiller: 1997-2008

Post September 4th, 2007, 10:43 am

Points on hand: 1,970.00 Points
Rita Queen Of speed i thought it was thrilling but people ever think so.... (that what the comments said on Coaster Force)

Rita Is a Cool Ride!

(buts its a noob comapred to Stealth)

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion