Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! What is up the sleeves of Canada's Wonderland?

What is up the sleeves of Canada's Wonderland?

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post August 18th, 2011, 11:11 am

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

I think it being in the same place as behemoth wouldn't be as much of a problem if it had a sufficiently different style. It should have more high speed elements and twisting turns, which to an extent it does but just not quite enough IMO.

Nice colour though.

Post August 18th, 2011, 11:14 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by NoLimitzki

I lol'd when I saw "barrel roll" too. What dumbass edited that pic? I know it wasn't McVeen. It was someone from CF.

I think McVeen does the whole package. But hes also instructed what to do. And when a client pays you handsomely, you give them exactly what they want.

Post August 18th, 2011, 11:17 am

Points on hand: 636.00 Points
I think the ride is brilliant and looks way fun. I don't why Intimadator 305 gets all this rave when this ride looks like a monster too. I think this is way better because of the mix of high speed turns and air hills. Yeah it should not have gone into wonderland. But still just because of that you guys are giving it all this crap. I think it is an awesome ride.
Friendship is like peeing. Everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings.

Post August 18th, 2011, 11:27 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Intimidator 305 actually does something. I have faith that the turns and stuff will be more interesting than the Keith animation makes them look (I'm forgetting the ride but one of them looked really awful in the animation and ended up being brilliant because software limitations couldn't capture the ride 100%), but really the ride seems rather pointless at this current time.

Can't really tell or judge until the real track starts popping up though.

Also lots of it depends on it actually being 403ft tall. If it's that tall, holy hell. Being that tall would also explain how the POV looks boring since everything needs to be stretched out. It's kind of like how comparing Batman to Alpengeist yield two completely different things since Alpie is so stretched out due to the height.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post August 18th, 2011, 11:48 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Intimidator 305 doesn't have high speed turns and air hills? Looks to me like it has just as many airhills, and just as many turns.

The first drop on this will probably be around as awesome as that of Intimidator 305 though. Lift speed won't be nearly as fast I'm sure, but the radius at the top is decently tight and the radius seems to quickly drop right after the lift, giving an effect similar to the tightening at the tops of their camelbacks. That extra kick will be surprising, and the air will be sustained for a ridiculously long time. I'm sure it won't be anywhere near as strong as the air on Intimidator's drop, but the fact that the duration should be a bit longer and the restraints are much less restricting will mean that it's still one of the top 2 or 3 best first drops in the world.

CK, 306', not 403'.

Post August 18th, 2011, 11:49 am
man

Points on hand: 111.00 Points
Just my opinion its a horrible move for them to get another B&M coaster that has nothing more to really offer besides some windy turns,... Besides the height it looks more like a family coaster IMO.

It still looks like a fun & beautiful ride none the less.
Go chuff yourself and have a nice day! :D

Post August 18th, 2011, 11:52 am

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points
Well I guess my prediction of the record being "tallest ride in the country with a water element" is out of the question now
Originally posted by dcs221
\nMack Daddy A113. That'll be your rap name.

Post August 18th, 2011, 11:54 am
yoshifreak Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 241.00 Points
It seems like B&M was designing it and couldn't figure out how to pass back over Dragon Fire so they just made a 100' tall brake section. I'm disappointed in the ending, but for what it is, it still looks to be fun. Now we just have to wait until Cedar Point gets their model! [:p]

Post August 18th, 2011, 12:00 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
I don't like it... There are many other parks that could have received a ride like this. Wonderland didn't need another B&M Mega with Behemoth there.
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post August 18th, 2011, 12:06 pm

Points on hand: 290.00 Points

^Other parks can receive a ride like this, they just have to buy one...

If I was them and buying a B&M I'd have bought a wing rider, dive machine or invert with no pre-drop.

GP will eventually realise that it is very similar to Behemoth - people aren't stupid.

Post August 18th, 2011, 12:08 pm

Originally posted by alton_

^Other parks can receive a ride like this, they just have to buy one...

If I was them and buying a B&M I'd have bought a wing rider, dive machine or invert with no pre-drop.

GP will eventually realise that it is very similar to Behemoth - people aren't stupid.

CF could have sent this park to one of the "unloved" parks instead to boost attendance.

Post August 18th, 2011, 12:17 pm

Will they really care if it's similar? That park has exactly two high quality coasters, and so it's a real good thing both rides are accessible by families and will eat crowds up. Plus I think people will appreciate the increase in pacing. McVeen videos IMO don't really capture speed too well, and I think it will be received better when it opens. Not too many 87-90mph hills in the world...Kingda Ka and Formula Rossa are the only two I can think of. I think that hill and the turn after the turnaround should help set it apart, and the pacing through the first turn after the drop is pretty good too. I think the general pacing increase is a bit more clear in that offride.

RCKing, or they could put it where they're most confident their $28 million investment will bring in the most consistent crowds for the longest period of time.

Post August 18th, 2011, 12:46 pm

Originally posted by dcs221

RCKing, or they could put it where they're most confident their $28 million investment will bring in the most consistent crowds for the longest period of time.

Yeah, I see what you mean there.

Post August 18th, 2011, 12:56 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Originally posted by yoshifreak

It seems like B&M was designing it and couldn't figure out how to pass back over Dragon Fire so they just made a 100' tall brake section.

B&M didn't design the track layout; Stengel and his company did. B&M just manufactures the track. B&M did, however, design the track "box" design and the trains.

End of story.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post August 18th, 2011, 1:00 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

At this point, I don't even care how similar to Behemoth it is. I just could not be happier to have a B&M giga coaster 20 minutes away from me! Although, now I never will ride Behemoth again :)

Post August 18th, 2011, 1:03 pm
yoshifreak Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 241.00 Points
Originally posted by Jcoasters

It seems like B&M was designing it and couldn't figure out how to pass back over Dragon Fire so they just made a 100' tall brake section.

B&M didn't design the track layout; Stengel and his company did. B&M just manufactures the track. B&M did, however, design the track "box" design and the trains.

End of story.

Considering he didn't design Behemoth, Diamondback, or Intimidator, I'm curious as to where you got that information. In fact he hasn't even been credited on new a B&M since 2003 with Scream.

Post August 18th, 2011, 1:05 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
I am sorely disappointed by the fact that this is a half a mile away from the currently best hyper in the world (in my opinion). Yeah, it'll look badass in CW"s skyline, but it's not really something they needed.

Edit:

That's what I was going to say! I was thinking exactly the same thing when i watched the offride video. It's like a n00b designed the ending.

Edit again:

So I'm looking through the media on the website, and I notice that not only will the cars be the original hyper trains, but they'll also only be 8 cars long! To me, it seems like that's really going to make the ride look even taller compared to Behemoth, because the trains will be only about 2/3 as long. Just thought I'd point that out.

Post August 18th, 2011, 1:32 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

i shall say this and only this

WOW what i piece of ill designed crap from B&M. i thought i would never say it but it looks terroable
Making screams come true

Post August 18th, 2011, 1:42 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

^Prime example of ridiculous coaster enthusiast snobbiness, right there...

Post August 18th, 2011, 1:51 pm

Post August 18th, 2011, 1:55 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I like it. and its not like its right next to behemoth either, like the invert boomerang dorney is getting, which is right next to possesed, and I'd rather have 2 hypers than 2 inverted shuttles that are 50 feet apart and similar colors
What are these for?

Post August 18th, 2011, 1:59 pm

Originally posted by rcking04

I don't like it... There are many other parks that could have received a ride like this. Wonderland didn't need another B&M Mega with Behemoth there.

Not to point fingers rcking but I'm using this statement as an example.

This is what I don't like, just because there is already a B&M hyper in the same park, people think the ride is dumb. If this ride had gone to a park with out a big mega/giga coaster everyone wouldn't be saying as much crap about it. I think that this ride looks wicked fun.

This ride is 5500 ft long and intimidator305 is 5100, yeah probably 300 ft of leviathan is a brake run. It still is about the same as intimidator in terms of length. It terms of low to ground turns and airhills, it is going to be intimidator for low to ground, and leviathan for air. Both rides are fantastic (DC you'll notice I said "this ride looks like a monster too") and yet this ride is getting crap just because it has a similar ride in same park.
Friendship is like peeing. Everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings.

Post August 18th, 2011, 2:06 pm

Intimidator 305 is completely different ride designed to offer an extreme thrill. The ride makes use of its speed rather than B&M's take on the Giga Coaster. Intimidator 305 offers some insane transitions between its curves as well as strong airtime. B&M is more focused on making its version of the Giga Coaster resemble its Mega Coasters. Leviathan and Behemoth look exactly like the same ride. Both feature over banked turns and floater air hills... This is why I think Leviathan is a poor choice for Wonderland. There already is a similar ride there that is not "dumb" at all. Behemoth is fine where it is, and Leviathan should have been built at another CF park.

That's my take.

Post August 18th, 2011, 2:11 pm
thrillsentertainment Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,028.00 Points
Well, I don't know who shoved a stick up all your rear ends, lol... but I think it looks pretty sick. Two high class B&M's in the same park looks and sounds awesome to me. The ending is a little weird, yes, but overall I really like the layout too.

Post August 18th, 2011, 2:15 pm

rcking04: I'm sorry if i misread your statement but it sounded like you said the ride was what you didn't like, not the choice. But my point still stands, that just because the ride has a similar ride in the same park does not make the ride dumb.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!