Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! What is up the sleeves of Canada's Wonderland?

What is up the sleeves of Canada's Wonderland?

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post August 9th, 2011, 12:47 pm
yoshifreak Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 241.00 Points
^Well that's a B&M label, plus those parts are definitely a B&M transfer/station set up.

Post August 9th, 2011, 1:06 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

The sticker is a close up photo...I'm still hoping it really is an Intamin.

9 more days...

Post August 9th, 2011, 1:51 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
Yea those are too thin to be any type of supports. I305 has square supports but these are not thick enough nor the right style. Deff. looks like transfer parts...although I305 has similar supports on the transfer track, but the supports shown look too long to be that.

http://rcdb.com/4520.htm?p=33464

Post August 9th, 2011, 5:55 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by dcs221

lol if I were anywhere near CW I'd be ecstatic with an Intimidator clone. Here's hoping they can one up it with maybe an extra straight ejector hill or two halfway through to kill off speed so they can go without the trim.

Bingo. Never understood why they had to have the trims. You mean you cant find a better way to scrub off the speed? Really? I doubt it. But whatever, not that i305 is a bad ride, looks fantastic.

Whatever this is, should be good.

Post August 9th, 2011, 8:21 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Real, more track equals more money. Seems to me they wanted to fit an ending in and keep the cost "reasonable." It was already something like $25,000,000 if I'm not mistaken.

Of course they could have simply extended the final brake run, and had some lower or larger elements at the end, but maybe they figured fitting in one or two extra elements at the end outweighs the negatives of including trim brakes on that hill.

Post August 10th, 2011, 12:56 am

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Went today to the park and saw some more markers down along the edge of the parking lot, away from the current construction area. Of course, my camera decided to die upon arrival, so pictures will be coming probably later this week.

Post August 10th, 2011, 2:14 am

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
If my memory serves me correctly, if this was a B&M, MC would stand for Mega Coaster, yes? Well that would make absolutely no sense whatsoever. Thus, I doubt it's a B&M. On a side note, wasn't X-Works listed as the customer on some other ride recently?

Post August 10th, 2011, 2:54 am

Points on hand: 935.00 Points
X-Works is very common as the customer, so I don't think that really means anything. I'm pretty sure both Raptor at Gardaland and the new invert at Parc Asterix were both labeled at X-Works.

Post August 10th, 2011, 9:41 am

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points

Post August 10th, 2011, 11:38 am

That would still be dumb when they already have a B&M Mega that is 230 feet tall...

Dive Machine, maybe? Wing rider?

I'm still hoping for an Intamin Giga like marginally stated. Is there a picture of the label where you can see the support and background also? I'm not that sold on the close up shot.

Post August 10th, 2011, 12:11 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Well, according to people over at cwmania.com, a ton more rebar cages are being prepared, adding up to suggest that this is going to extend down towards the front gate where some markers have been spotted. I was hoping for a Dive Machine too at first, but the construction area is way too cluttered and tight with Dragon Fire being right there in the middle of it.

Post August 10th, 2011, 2:15 pm
Premium Member

Originally posted by Jakizle

I'm still hoping for an Intamin Giga like marginally stated. Is there a picture of the label where you can see the support and background also? I'm not that sold on the close up shot.

Also, looks like track supports are appearing on site now. Looks more B&M than Intamin to me.

Source: CWmania

Post August 10th, 2011, 3:45 pm

Points on hand: 1,598.00 Points
Some sort of B&M looper perhaps?
A man has needs and that needs is booze.

Post August 10th, 2011, 5:47 pm

This is deff. starting to look more like a B&M now.

Edit: The CW website now displays "It's Coming For You." and now features slash marks and two evil eyes looking at you along with another quote, "This is the one I've been waiting for!"

Nothing related to a layout or anything...but I'm slightly thrown off just because a clawed animal plus and explosion and a dark gray sky. But these supports are teal...so now I'm confused along with B&M and Giga coasters being discussed. Deff. gonna be a guessing game until we hear official word.

Post August 10th, 2011, 9:54 pm
Premium Member

This was taken at the steel plant in Ohio and based on the color would almost lock in the B&M theory.

Post August 10th, 2011, 10:30 pm

Points on hand: 1,233.00 Points
^ That picture is gold! But if you look closely, there are two different color tracks. Two different B&M's for 2012?! Yay:D I can see grey supports in the back right. So that would also mean 2 differnt B&M's. The dark blue track looks like a Dive machine. The other track looks like a B&M invert transport/brake track.
Don't underestimate the power of Knex

Post August 10th, 2011, 10:31 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Post August 10th, 2011, 10:33 pm
Premium Member

Originally posted by Knexrule11

^ That picture is gold! But if you look closely, there are two different color tracks. Two different B&M's for 2012?! Yay:D I can see grey supports in the back right. So that would also mean 2 differnt B&M's. The dark blue track looks like a Dive machine. The other track looks like a B&M invert transport/brake track.

I believe the dark blue is for Dollywood's Wing Rider.

Post August 10th, 2011, 11:20 pm

Post August 10th, 2011, 11:48 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Originally posted by yoshifreak

I believe the dark blue is for Dollywood's Wing Rider.

And that's why I want to go to CoasterCon next year :D
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post August 11th, 2011, 12:05 am

So if the dark blue is Dollywood's Wingrider, then the Aqua track would be for CW by default...and it indeed looks like Inverted track, plus the pieces already on site at the park. And the colors match. But the label says Giga Coaster...still has me perplexed.

Aqua track and blue supports for CW it seems? Not quite sure where the whole themed thing on the website comes into play with a gray sky and claw marks. Something isn't quite adding up just yet.

Post August 13th, 2011, 5:37 pm
Premium Member

Post August 13th, 2011, 5:48 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Sexy track color. Looks like kraken. But i wish the supports were a darker blue.

Post August 13th, 2011, 8:44 pm

Points on hand: 1,598.00 Points
*sniff* I smell a Raptor clone. The marketing seems to suggest a bird of prey.
A man has needs and that needs is booze.

Post August 13th, 2011, 9:10 pm

Points on hand: 636.00 Points
B&M mega coaster - Ties straight on bottom and top

B&M sitting coaster - Ties straight on bottom and top

B&M stand up coaster - Ties straight on bottom and top

B&M dive coaster - Ties straight on bottom and top

B&M floorless coaster - Ties straight on bottom and top

B&M flying coaster - Curved on bottom and top

B&M inverted coaster - Curved on bottom and top

B&M wing coaster - Straight on bottom and top

Canada wondeland coaster - Curved on top, straight on bottom.

???
Friendship is like peeing. Everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!