Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! What is up the sleeves of Canada's Wonderland?

What is up the sleeves of Canada's Wonderland?

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post March 21st, 2012, 6:20 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by dcs221

I agree with that statement. Most of I305 is an incredible experience, but issues like the forces in the first turn, the pain from restraints for anyone over say 6', and the hard brakes and less exciting ending take away from it where Skyrush won't have any of those problems.

Aren't you the person who thinks Batman hurts your ankles?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post March 21st, 2012, 7:26 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
I'm 6' 2", and Intamin trains suck ass! Leg room doesn't exist, especially if your on the second row of the car. Stoopid. So i agree, the new trains should be an improvement for both comfort and capacity.

And an invert coaster could hurt you angles, calves and feet if it has strong positive G's, especially if your letting you legs be limp and dangling.

Post March 21st, 2012, 9:48 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Taking into account clones, I've been on well over half of the B&M inverts, and not one really seeemed to be a threat of injury or pain, with ankles or calves... Other than during helices, those forces are never held for very long. If anything, just some bloodrush and tingling that goes away within minutes.

But perhaps it's very different from person to person. Still can't see inverts actually hurting your legs in anyway...
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post March 21st, 2012, 11:16 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Yeah some spots hurt my ankles a bit at times. Nothing major and it only lasts for a few seconds, but it's uncomfortable. It hasn't bothered me recently. Also consider my legs are a lot longer than most of you guys, so the accelerations are a bit higher farther away from the track.

Only a few good rides bother me...actually I can only think of I305 and Batman. Trust me, I don't cry about things like some enthusiasts. I find that annoying. But when you're 6'3.5", and you're using restraints that would be tight on the shoulders of an average male on a ride that has something like -1G and the quickest twists in the world at the same time, then you're on your 6th ride of the day, your shoulders might not be too happy with you. If it wasn't worth it, I wouldn't have ridden 12x in 2 days. However, I'd still prefer if the ride had more comfortable restraints.

Post March 22nd, 2012, 8:57 pm

Post April 27th, 2012, 11:47 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

So I got to ride Leviathan today, and despite the freezing weather, I thought it was a great ride. It will be much better when it's warmer and just that liiittle bit faster, but definitely a lot of fun. Also, my rides on it were so smooth it almost felt weird without ANY vibrating or shaking of any kind at all. I rode Behemoth after, but that probably will be the last time for a while, haha. I also shot a semi decent POV video here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg0WCb3c ... e=youtu.be

Post April 28th, 2012, 2:00 am

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
The shot you got of the lift in the sunset is GORGEOUS. I may or may not take a still of that and set is as a wallpaper on one of my devices...

Post April 28th, 2012, 11:48 am

Points on hand: 85.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
lol *Hides camera at end.*

Looks like a great ride. I always just feel that if I were CW, I would personally go with an Intamin giga to vary up the rides a bit and probably have a crazier ride. In the end though I'm glad CW picked B&M to do a giga because it's something that hasn't been done before and it still looks like a great ride. I just don't know if it's $30 million great.

Post April 28th, 2012, 12:07 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
This ride is boring. There, I said it. The pacing is just awful. B&M should just stay out of the Giga class if this is the best they can come up with.

Honestly, Shambala will blow this ride out of the water.
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post April 28th, 2012, 12:31 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
Are you kidding me? that flies through the course.
What are these for?

Post April 28th, 2012, 12:38 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

The whole thing really feels fast as hell until the turnaround, at least. I do think the slower pace has to do with the weather, though, with that POV being taken when it was just above freezing temperature and high enough winds to close other rides down.

Post April 28th, 2012, 4:02 pm

Yeah^^^ this looks fun and it's probably a top 10 material ride, but I also think Shambhala looks very good and not many people realize that Shambhala probably will indeed be a way better ride than this.

Post April 30th, 2012, 4:33 pm

Points on hand: 636.00 Points
I definitely like shambhalas layout a lot more. But, talking about the pacing. B&M isn't intamin. There rides aren't going to zip through transitions or anything, it is going to be more of a relaxing giga. If thats even the proper way to word it...[dunno]
Friendship is like peeing. Everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings.

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!