Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! What is up the sleeves of Canada's Wonderland?

What is up the sleeves of Canada's Wonderland?

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post August 13th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
I don't know about a clone, but I wouldn't doubt an Invert similar to it.

Post August 13th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Looks like the newer B&M mega track... either it's another mega.... or the first B&M giga :D
American Eagle Lover

Post August 13th, 2011, 9:18 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Uuhhhhh.. I hate to burst ur bubble everyone, but the only time the ties ever changed on a b&m is on the early dive machines. Thes ties are the same as all the other b&m inverts hypers flyers floorless wing riders and standups. Sorry! We will have to wait to find out.

Post August 13th, 2011, 9:59 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
And they would install 2 B&M Mega's at the same place? You forget they have the awesome Goliath right? lol

Post August 13th, 2011, 10:05 pm

It looks alot like the size of the mega track, and the "MC".... like I said, it could be a giga.
American Eagle Lover

Post August 13th, 2011, 10:20 pm

Maybe we are just over-analyzing and its as simple as B&M track and the Giga-Coaster sticker. Could it really be that simple?

Post August 13th, 2011, 10:20 pm

Extremely doubtful. It would just be a larger version of a ride they just installed. I sense something more twisted with this.

Post August 13th, 2011, 10:33 pm

Points on hand: 636.00 Points
Originally posted by Kyle Sloane

Uuhhhhh.. I hate to burst ur bubble everyone, but the only time the ties ever changed on a b&m is on the early dive machines. Thes ties are the same as all the other b&m inverts hypers flyers floorless wing riders and standups. Sorry! We will have to wait to find out.

The inverts and flyers have curved ties. I looked it up... online.
Friendship is like peeing. Everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings.

Post August 13th, 2011, 10:53 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by Jonny Richey

It looks alot like the size of the mega track, and the "MC".... like I said, it could be a giga.

It's a steel American Eagle clone.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post August 13th, 2011, 10:54 pm

These peices of track shown strongly resemble the peices of diamondback when they first showed up.... More than than they resemble any other type of B&M.
American Eagle Lover

Post August 13th, 2011, 10:55 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

And they strongly resemble a steel american eagle clone.

Post August 13th, 2011, 10:56 pm

Pictures or they dont exist! I have been on many b&ms and none have ever had curved ties.

Post August 13th, 2011, 11:17 pm

Curved ties? Did you mean like these or do I not understand what you mean?

http://rcdb.com/735.htm?p=3475

Inverts are the only kind I can find that have those, although part of Griffon have them but these ties don't resemble the flatness on the part of the tie connected to the rails.

Post August 13th, 2011, 11:35 pm

Aaaahhh i seee the invert would curve down on the end!

Post August 14th, 2011, 12:04 am
yoshifreak Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 241.00 Points
^I believe that the people mentioning the curve are speaking about the side of the tie that attaches to the box section of the track, not the rails. Notice the obvious curve in the invert, but the straight attachment on the sit-downs.

Post August 14th, 2011, 12:22 am

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

A guy posted a comparison on cwmania about all the different types of track and such, and the aqua track seems to be unique. I honestly don't even know where to begin with this thing anymore. Also, apparently, Gary Slade (who was quoted in a CW teaser saying that this is the ride he's been waiting for) replied to an email by saying that this is the ride he's most interested in because of the engineering involved. So, we have B&M track, a ton of footers in very close proximity to another coaster, markers all over the place that haven't been touched yet, and a giga coaster tag. I also don't know if this means anything, but maybe the "prepare to be blown away" refers to a launch.

Post August 14th, 2011, 1:06 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

Prolly a B&M with trains where the V is slightly farther apart

Post August 14th, 2011, 6:29 am

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points

Post August 14th, 2011, 7:26 am

Perhaps a launch, but B&M's only launch is Hulk and even that isn't a launch in the terms most people think of with it being on the lift. If the response to the email is true, then I can't imagine it being anything like something we've seen before, otherwise it wouldn't get that kind of reaction. If it is a Giga then there has to be something new/different about it (besides being B&M) that will set it apart such as new elements or trains or something.

Post August 14th, 2011, 8:06 am

Originally posted by CoastaGuy and a giga coaster tag.

lol On the rebar? If this is a Giga, what a waste. Unless its looping. I find it hard to believe B&M will stray from their design philosophies so you'll have 2 of the same ride at one park, just one that's larger. Really? It'll draw guests and hopefully draw in more money but its not like well see more airtime or anything like that.

I can imagine so many better options for that park...Goliath is already a stand out for Hypers, no need for it to have a slightly bigger brother doing the same thing.

Post August 14th, 2011, 10:26 am

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
Originally posted by Live on earths ass

Launched B&M? Sounds unplausible.

um..
the incredible hulk

Post August 14th, 2011, 10:33 am

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
Highthrills, B&M didn't build the launch. Another company did.
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post August 14th, 2011, 12:15 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Yeah, I know that's strange to say a launch from B&M, but who knows, that could be the engineering feat that Gary Slade's talking about. We don't know, lol. And yeah Real, I also think that'd be a waste, but if it even is a giga then why couldn't it be something other than a bigger Behemoth? Giga doesn't necessarily just mean something like MF. Everything was a new design at one point, right?

Post August 14th, 2011, 12:19 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

/me bets it's a wingrider with rotating seats like X.

Post August 14th, 2011, 12:40 pm

Originally posted by CoastaGuy

Yeah, I know that's strange to say a launch from B&M, but who knows, that could be the engineering feat that Gary Slade's talking about. We don't know, lol. And yeah Real, I also think that'd be a waste, but if it even is a giga then why couldn't it be something other than a bigger Behemoth? Giga doesn't necessarily just mean something like MF. Everything was a new design at one point, right?

Im hoping the term "giga" is being used loosely or they are putting their own definition to it. If its a B&M Millennium Force, I think its silly...

But really, would you as a park (owned by Cedar Fair) put in a ride almost identical to one you put in a few years back, just taller and faster? MF isnt a taller Magnum. I wish it were, but, its not. It provides a totally different experience.

So, being realistic about this, Im thinking the term Giga isnt the same term we use.

I hope.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!