Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions What is your Dream Park

What is your Dream Park

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post September 19th, 2009, 3:26 pm

Points on hand: 709.00 Points
If you could go to any theme park in the world, what would it be and why?

Mine is Cedar Point because of the astounding coasters.

Post September 19th, 2009, 3:30 pm

Points on hand: 761.00 Points
Cedar Point has about five good coasters.

Think quality, not quantity.

Post September 19th, 2009, 4:17 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Or two.

Silverwood as they have two amazing looking wood coasters, a Skydiver, and an ARM drop tower. Cliffs also has an amazing looking coaster that I'd love to ride, and they have the ARM tower too.

I'd also like to go to Black Pool a lot....while none of the rides seem particulalrly interesting the park itself looks amazing. It seems very similar to Indiana Beach which is my favorite park so I'd love to check it out.

Also want to go to Knoebels quite a bit...hopefully that will happen soon.

Post September 19th, 2009, 4:38 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

Post September 19th, 2009, 5:08 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

^ why are all the Americans proper like loving on Blackpool? No man, just no. Think about what it would be like if Cedar Point was built a hundred years by poor people who had no clue what they were doing, in a horrible, dreary location where everyone living in the local area is full on SCUM and then it was allowed to simply rot and become unsafe and then you might be something close to what Blackpool Pleasure Beach is like.

For me, there isn't one parl in particular, but my ideal thing to do would to probably take like 6 months out and go on a massive road trip all around every decent American park.

Post September 19th, 2009, 5:25 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

blackpool looks like a museum of wierdness to me .. i'd take "dirty but unique " over "clean and sterile " any day .. that doesn't mean i'd not like alton towers , but it doesnt interest me much ..for my part it's same reason i'd have a '67 mini over a 2009 fiesta ..

Post September 19th, 2009, 5:42 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I agree with you in some respect, but I also feel that there is a limit and for the most part, in my opinion, Blackpool goes beyond the limit of crappiness. Some of their wooden coasters are brilliant coasters, but a lot of them have fallen into varying degrees of disrepair. It's just in general not a particularly nice place to be.

I was at Alton Towers today, and often get that sort of feeling, that you were talking about, I find myself walking and thinking that they have some good rides, but when I think about it for the most part they are too... "clinical" I guess. The only few rides that I think actually fit in there nicely and are well bedded in are Nemesis, The Runaway Minetrain and The River Rapids... actually Oblivion is begining to age quite nicely into it's surroundings also, but what I'm trying to say is that it can feel like the rest of the parks lacks feeling and history.

Post September 19th, 2009, 7:20 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

I like the look of it because it seems like everything is built on top of each other, which is how Indiana Beach is and as I said that's pretty much my favorite park.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions