Board index Off Topic Board Fun and Games What is your favorite B&M Coaster?

What is your favorite B&M Coaster?

All forum games go here.

Post March 5th, 2007, 7:47 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Hehe...oh god Fraroc. What was the point of that last post? Anyone that has been using the Forum for many years now, which includes Nosferatu, knows that they are able to post anything pertaining to the topic without n00bs telling them what they don't have to do or say...I know I'm not one of those long-time users but 3 months is enough for me to realize how most of these threads work...

My all time favorite (regardless of type) is Kumba. No doubt the greatest one I have ever ridden, however, my BGA trip in less than three weeks now will most likely change my opinion to SheiKra. Kumba's inversions are all done to perfection. The loop has a great affect around the lift. It's diving loop is my favorite inversion experience right after Raptor's Zero-G. The Cobra roll on Kumba is very favorable, as well as the beautiful Chained Corks. Tunnel is lovely as well as the helix in which follows it.

Least favorite has to be Mantis...Ughh just the memory. First, I'm sure it would have been much more enjoyable if my feet weren't half a foot off the floor and the only body support came from my crotch, but it seriously was an hour long wait and a terrible ride. Other than the few quick whips on Mantis, nothing fun comes to mind at the ride's mention...

[edit]- Typos.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post March 5th, 2007, 8:26 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Post March 5th, 2007, 10:35 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Uh I like Medusa (West), Mantis, Raptor, Montu, Sheikra, Kumba, Hulk, Dueling Dragons, and well I think that's all the ones I've been on. They're all awesome. And yes I really did enjoy Mantis, great layout, good forces, really had no pain at all.

Post March 5th, 2007, 10:52 pm

Points on hand: 905.00 Points

Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

Anyone that has been using the Forum for many years now, which includes Nosferatu, knows that they are able to post anything pertaining to the topic without n00bs telling them what they don't have to do or say...
*Sensless blabber deleted*

Keep in mind that was you not so long ago, and still is in my book until you prove me other wise.

Floorless: Daemonen
Stand-up: Riddler's Revenge
Invert: Top Gun
Sit Down: Wildfire
Dive Machine: Is there really much choice? Oblivion for sure.

Post March 5th, 2007, 11:00 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by Iron Man

Anyone that has been using the Forum for many years now, which includes Nosferatu, knows that they are able to post anything pertaining to the topic without n00bs telling them what they don't have to do or say...
*Sensless blabber deleted*

Keep in mind that was you not so long ago, and still is in my book until you prove me other wise.

That senseless blabber you deleted was me agreeing with your statement [;)]. Of course I know I was new a short while ago and did post junk most of the times, but that doesn't mean I haven't come to learn how to avoid it most often and help Fraroc avoid it earlier than I learned.

As for Jimmy, try enduring that ride after the Restraint Tester Lady told you to jump up as a joke and laugh as you got locked in mid-air returning the station with severe pelvic agony [lol]

[edit]- fixed fontcode errors.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post March 5th, 2007, 11:07 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

I found Kumba to be a bit boring actually.... and i thought Mantis was quite a fun ride, not a long line and an awesome first drop in the back seat!

But out of all the B&M's i've been on (Sheikra, Montu, Raptor, Kumba, Dueling Dragons [Ice and Fire], Hulk, Vampire, Cobra, Kraken, Mantis, and yes, i had to add my count [:P]), it's a tie between Sheikra, Raptor, Dueling Dragons, Hulk and Kraken [:)]

^[lol][lol]

Post March 5th, 2007, 11:13 pm

Points on hand: 905.00 Points

That senseless blabber you deleted was me agreeing with your statement

Honestly, I didn't even read that part. I just thought I'd put down some smart ass remark to fill the gap. [;)]

Post March 5th, 2007, 11:23 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

As for Jimmy, try enduring that ride after the Restraint Tester Lady told you to jump up as a joke and laugh as you got locked in mid-air returning the station with severe pelvic agony [lol]

[edit]- fixed fontcode errors.

I was just saying I had a good time on the ride with little pain.

Post March 6th, 2007, 1:28 am

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
Originally posted by coasterguy77

I found Kumba to be a bit boring actually.... and i thought Mantis was quite a fun ride, not a long line and an awesome first drop in the back seat!

It seems to be a reoccurring pattern with B&M coasters where the back seat is simply an amazing experience. Both Raptor and Mantis first drops are enhanced in the back row and both rides have their moments on the edge back seats.

Post March 6th, 2007, 7:50 am

Points on hand: 9,043.00 Points

I have to say that I loved every ride I've been on.
I live in Italy and I'm not so used to see a B&M but I travelled much and now I have a good number of coasters on my list!
Every sit-down and floorless made me scream BUT nothing compared to the inverted and flying:

MONTU:my first inverted experience and never forgotten!
CRYSTAL WINGS:compared to AIR this was absolutely the most thrilling and intense experience in my life(Pretzel Loop is just.....WHOOOAAA)[;)]

Post March 7th, 2007, 12:16 am

Points on hand: 2,109.00 Points

Post March 10th, 2007, 11:02 pm

Points on hand: 1,786.00 Points
Originally posted by smatrai

I Love Nitro SFGDV

Amen! [:D]

Post March 10th, 2007, 11:22 pm

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

Originally posted by tiepilot35

Anyone can say Psyclone SFMM [;)] Heard it was a good B&M for a while.

B&M only provided the trains. The coaster was designed by Summers/Dinn
My body isn't a temple. It's an amusement park.

Post March 10th, 2007, 11:26 pm

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

Sit down looper: Hulk
Invert: Dueling Dragons (esp Fire)
Speed: Nitro
Floorless: Superman Krypton Coaster (why nobody else is posting this, I have no idea... people, this thing ROCKS)
Flying: Air
Dive: Shiekra
Standup: hate them all

B&M's that disappoint: Kumba, Silver Bullet, all the standups, Great Bear

B&M's that don't get enough attention: Talon, Great White
My body isn't a temple. It's an amusement park.

Post March 11th, 2007, 2:53 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Nitro @ SFGAdv. It's kind of hard though to rank B&Ms when they all pretty much give the exact same ride experience.

Post June 5th, 2014, 10:21 am

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
Overall Fave: Sheikra

Not just for the ride, but seeing that drop go past you on the lift hill, a total right angle to the low flat horizon is something no other coaster has XD You only get that view while riding and it's horrifying <3

Wing: Gatekeeper
Invert: Montu
Floorless: Scream!
Flying: Manta
Sitdown: Wildfire
Standup: Mantis
Speed: Diamondback

Post June 5th, 2014, 10:41 am

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
Bank: 122.00 Points
I have ridden only 4 B&Ms, and my favourite is Dragon Khan. Next would be Shambhala (they exchange their position frequently). Then Batman la Fuga (which is really good too) and last Superman la Atraccion de Acero, which is the only one I didn't like. Maybe I rode it in a bad day, but it was too forceless.

Post June 5th, 2014, 12:03 pm

Points on hand: 65.00 Points

Post June 5th, 2014, 12:29 pm

Points on hand: 71.00 Points

Post June 5th, 2014, 12:50 pm

Points on hand: 3,826.90 Points

Post June 5th, 2014, 1:30 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post June 5th, 2014, 1:37 pm

Points on hand: 3,826.90 Points

Post June 5th, 2014, 2:11 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Someone said speed and everyone else did a copypasta
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post June 5th, 2014, 4:37 pm

Points on hand: 1,136.00 Points
Wellllll

My favorite type of B&M (and everything really not just B&M) is flying and inverted. It's a tie.

My favorite B&M ride overall is Tatsu, although raptor is an extremely close second.

Sit-Down: Never been on one :'(
Hyper: I've only been on Diamondback
Floorless: Kraken. It's the only other floorless I've been on (the other one is Scream!) And the trench/tunnel is kick ass
Flying: Tatsu is the king of all coasters. I've been on manta. But not Air *sheds more tears*
Dive: *see sit-down
Stand-Up: I've only been on riddler.
Inverted: Raptor. For obvious reasons. One of which being the zero-g.
Wing: I've only been on Gatekeeper. Which is great onride, but even better offride honestly. And I don't mean that in a bad way, that ride is beautiful.

Pretty sure that covers all the bases :]

PreviousNext

Return to Fun and Games