Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion What kind of music you like?

What kind of music you like?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post March 16th, 2003, 11:24 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I personally like rap and some spanish music [8D]
Favoritie artists? hmm I am uncertain, there's a few but meh I don't feel like naming them [:p]
WWS

Post March 16th, 2003, 11:48 pm

Points on hand: 4,606.00 Points
I like a bit of everything, with the one exception of most country music. Techno, rock, heavy metal, classical, love it all[^]. My favs would have to be the band Daft Punk(house and dance music), and Blink 182 (punk rock)[8D]
--------------------------------------------

A million people could change a million light bulbs, but a million people can't change just one.

Post March 17th, 2003, 12:36 pm

Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points
I like rap & rock the most.My favorite song is "I need a hot girl"

-----------------------------

Ride to live,live to ride,
ahhhhhhhh!!

Post March 17th, 2003, 1:04 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

more heavy music i guess, fav band-Placebo fav song- the bitter end

Post March 17th, 2003, 5:33 pm

Points on hand: 2,372.00 Points

Post March 17th, 2003, 5:41 pm

Points on hand: 2,947.00 Points
Hard rock! Puddle of Mudd, Simple Plan, Linkin Park, etc!

-Elfman2519
------------------------------
If Wal-Mart is lowering prices everyday, why isn't anything free yet?

Mister Potato Picks His Nose.

Post March 17th, 2003, 7:05 pm

Points on hand: 4,135.00 Points

anyone want to guess what kind of music i like? if you guessed punkrock, you are right! But not just any punkrock, because punkrock has changed a lot since it began in the 80's. I HATE good charolette, sum 41, new found glory, ect. I only like punk bands from the late 80's and early 90's. i also like one bluegrass song, "the devil went down to Georgia."

*edit* i tried to get an arrow to point to my name but it missed.

-------------------------
Want to know the true meaning of life? i can show you where to find the answer.

-punkzilla

Post March 17th, 2003, 7:14 pm

Points on hand: 2,853.00 Points

Well I like techno, rock, and punk rock. I don't like Country though, its far to dull or borring IMO. However the only band I have come close to liking near the country music type is The Rednex, the only difference with this band, they are a techno band mixing country along with it, which i think is pretty cool. Alot might not remember them, but they are still going on in germany, mainly because they sell more there. They are currently a 4 piece band, with band members named Joe Cagg (Voilin Player, and Guitar Player), Scarlet (Female Vocal Singer), Dagger (Male Vocal Singer and Banjo Player), and Jay Lee (Vocal Singer and guitar player). I also listen to Blink 182, their good. [8D]

N.Coultrup

Post March 20th, 2003, 4:57 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

right now personally, my fav song is "white america" by Eminem. Nothing against america here but just some of the lyrics in the song are quite true. Like you can never realize the amount that share the same ideas and beliefs as you, can be like a small army of those who share the same view points as you and considering all the different views people have there are like many small armies and crap. But just the whole song in general I like from the tone, lyrics and mood of it. [:)]

Post March 20th, 2003, 8:16 pm
Master of Puppets User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 4,575.00 Points

Rock/Hard Rock/Metal

Fav bands

Disturbed
Metallica
Nirvana
Tool

Fav song:

I dunno, I like Master of Puppets by Metallica obviously, but I also like Meaning of Life and Fear by Disturbed...

"There's got to be more to everything I thought exists"

Post March 21st, 2003, 2:20 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Heavy Metal and Punk rock, my favorite bands are Pantera, Sum 41, and Box car Racer. My favorite song is probably Hell Song by Sum 41

Post March 22nd, 2003, 12:23 am

Points on hand: 5,049.00 Points

Post March 22nd, 2003, 3:32 am

Points on hand: 3,288.00 Points
Ska...it's some good stuff. Favorite bands.... Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish, Save Ferris, Forces of Evil, Goldfinger, Rancid, Aquabats, and The Hippos.

Post March 22nd, 2003, 2:51 pm

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
I like most kinds of music but i prefer most radio songs and trance music. R&B isn't that great at all in my opinion [:p]

Greetz

Post March 26th, 2003, 3:24 pm

Points on hand: 2,801.00 Points
nothing but death metal for me. favorite band is dimmu borgir.

Not even death can save you from me!

Post April 1st, 2003, 5:47 am

Points on hand: 2,835.00 Points
i detest most of what is heard on the radio (there are some exceptions...sum 41 being the most notable). that being said...i like lotsa different stuff. since im bored, since im new here, and since im trying to kill some time before i have to leave for work...ill list stuff [:)]

metal (dimmu borgir, cradle of filth, darkest hour, rhapsody, iron maiden, anthrax, undying, etc...)

hardcore (martyr a.d., hatebreed, dillinger escape plan, kungfu rick, spazz, etc...)

punk (misfits, sum 41, descendents, good riddance, a.f.i., black flag, middle class, the ramones etc...)

emo (hot water music, prmoise ring, piebald, sunny day real estate, elliott etc...)

classic rock (jethro tull, acdc, king crimson, gentle giant, black sabbath, pink floyd, rush etc...)

rap (nwa, public enemy, ludacris, outkast, wu tang clan etc...)

classical (the moonlight sonata is the single most beautiful thing ever created)

bluegrass (flatt and scruggs!!!)

as far as techno and stuff like that goes...i like a lot of it...but im not sure about artists. i mostly just know stuff i hear from other people or from movies or sporting events. like the songs the launch, zombie nation, and sandstorm. i know the titles...but im not sure who does em.

music has always been part of my life...i grew up with it and i can play several instruments and have played in a few bands before. its just one of those things i could not live without.

Nietsche is Pietsche

Post April 1st, 2003, 2:22 pm

Points on hand: 4,606.00 Points
Originally posted by negative geez

i detest most of what is heard on the radio (there are some exceptions...sum 41 being the most notable). that being said...i like lotsa different stuff. since im bored, since im new here, and since im trying to kill some time before i have to leave for work...ill list stuff [:)]

metal (dimmu borgir, cradle of filth, darkest hour, rhapsody, iron maiden, anthrax, undying, etc...)

hardcore (martyr a.d., hatebreed, dillinger escape plan, kungfu rick, spazz, etc...)

punk (misfits, sum 41, descendents, good riddance, a.f.i., black flag, middle class, the ramones etc...)

emo (hot water music, prmoise ring, piebald, sunny day real estate, elliott etc...)

classic rock (jethro tull, acdc, king crimson, gentle giant, black sabbath, pink floyd, rush etc...)

rap (nwa, public enemy, ludacris, outkast, wu tang clan etc...)

classical (the moonlight sonata is the single most beautiful thing ever created)

bluegrass (flatt and scruggs!!!)

as far as techno and stuff like that goes...i like a lot of it...but im not sure about artists. i mostly just know stuff i hear from other people or from movies or sporting events. like the songs the launch, zombie nation, and sandstorm. i know the titles...but im not sure who does em.

music has always been part of my life...i grew up with it and i can play several instruments and have played in a few bands before. its just one of those things i could not live without.

Nietsche is Pietsche

sandstorm is by Darude, not sure about the others. I can play the first movement of the moolight sonata, and yes it is quite beautiful. It can be long and boring though.[|)]
-----------------------------------------------------

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then when you do criticize that person, you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes!

I AM CANDAIAN!

Post April 1st, 2003, 2:52 pm

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

definitly all types of metal. my fav. bands: In flames (Kicken w/ the swedish), Anticure, disturbes, metallica, and tool. check out Anticure at : www.anticure.com (what an original website name)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i rate your track, you rate mine

Post April 1st, 2003, 3:28 pm

Points on hand: 2,835.00 Points
Originally posted by whitewolf2759

sandstorm is by Darude[|)]

thanks!!!

Nietsche is Pietsche

Post April 1st, 2003, 6:38 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Classical, and some modern soft rock. As long as it has a good melody, I'll listen to it... like people screaming on rollercoasters [;)]. maybe not...

-------------------------------------------------------------
pi =
3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097494459230781640628620899...

Post April 9th, 2003, 7:00 pm

Points on hand: 2,773.00 Points
Metal, hard rock, and techno
I strongly dislike rap and punk rock
My fav. bands are SlIpKn0t, Society 1, and KoRn.

-Jorge

People make noises ... People make noises when they're SICK!

Post April 13th, 2003, 2:30 pm

Points on hand: 2,840.00 Points

Hmm, right now i'm into Pearl Jam, their live cd's mainly. Also i'm gettin into bands like Ben Folds Five and Dave Matthews Band. I like a little bit of punk, bands like Vandals and NOFX. The Chili Peppers are pretty cool too, especially their earlier stuff. And how could I forget The Bloodhound Gang. :D

i dont want a signature

Post April 13th, 2003, 2:47 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
I guess I like pretty much everything. [8D]

Rock: three doors down, Foo fighters, nirvana, santana, and many others.

Pop: egh...well maybe I don't like everything.

Rap: Not much of a fan, but some of it is okay.

Metal: This is a weird category, since there isn't really much "metal" out there these days. Disturbed is the only thing that comes to mind.

What am I listening to right now? Stevie Wonder's Song Review: A greatest hits collection. [:D]

Post April 19th, 2003, 12:29 am

Points on hand: 81.00 Points

I like hip-hop and techno. my favorite song is a tie. Rock the Party By Benzino And My Favorite, BOOTY CALL Thats Right BOOTY CALL.[:D]

If you would like a sample send me a PM with your e-mail And i will send it to you

Post April 25th, 2003, 10:38 pm

Points on hand: 4,273.00 Points

R&B is my favorite type of music, not that slow stuff, but stuff you can dance to. I also like Rap, Some Rock or heavy metal, now most people would think I'm crazy for listening to Rock/heavy metal because i'm african american. But my motto is if you like what you hear, then love it.

My favorite Female R&B artist: Aaliyah, Brandy, Destiny's Child.
My favorite Female Rap artist: Da-Brat, Lil' Kim, Rah Digga, Missy Elliot.
My favorite Female Pop/Rock artist: Pink, Christina Aguleira, Avril Lavein.

My favorite Male R&B artist: Justin Timberlake, Ginuwine.
My favorite Male Rap artist: Busta Rhymes, Sean Paul, Bubba Sparxxx, Eminem.
My favorite Male Pop/Rock artist: Good Charlotte, Blink 182, Linkin Park, N'sync, Backstreet boys.

Return to Off Topic Discussion