Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions What parks are you visiting in 2018?

What parks are you visiting in 2018?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post December 30th, 2017, 2:17 pm
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
What parks are all of you planning on visiting this upcoming year?

For my home parks, I???m planning on working at Valleyfair again this summer so I???ll be there most of the time from May thru mid-August. I???ll also be visiting Nickelodeon Universe about once or twice a month with my pass from now thru VF opening day.

As for other trips, just finished booking a Las Vegas trip for Spring Break in early March. I???m planning on going to the Adventuredome, the Stratosphere, and the Big Apple Coaster (might end up regretting that one ;)) for sure, and might go ride Desperado if I can fit it in my transportation budget.

Also planning on taking a trip to Ohio sometime in June or July for Cedar Point and Kings Island since Valravn, Mystic Timbers, and Steel Vengeance have been built since my last trip to those parks. Might add in Holiday World and/or Kentucky Kingdom if I can make time for it.

I might also be able to pop down to Six Flags Great America or Worlds of Fun for a day or two at some point.

Post December 30th, 2017, 3:25 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Planning on going to Kings Dominion, Carowinds, Kentucky Kingdom, Kings Island, Cedar Point, Busch Gardens Williasmburg, and Six Flags America.

Might try to get out to California too for some parks as well.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post December 30th, 2017, 3:36 pm
PvM User avatar

Points on hand: 8,245.00 Points

I already have my tickets for Walibi Holland and I'll definitly will visit Toverland when F??nix opens. Besides that, Efteling probably and maybe Phantasialand and Parc Asterix.

Post December 31st, 2017, 12:45 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
The general UK parks (Alton, Thorpe, Blackpoo) plus maybe Southend. I'd like to get over to Parc Asterix too and perhaps Le Pal/Nigloland whilst I'm there (or maybe just Fontainebleau for some climbing :D).
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post December 31st, 2017, 12:58 pm

Points on hand: 1,187.00 Points
I'm going to Hersheypark, Morey's Piers, Kennywood, maybe Knoebels and if Lakemont Park reopens this season I'll probably get there.

Post December 31st, 2017, 1:59 pm

Points on hand: 3,266.00 Points
The Confirmed:

The home parks [Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Six Flags America] for Coaster Con, and Cedar Point.

The Likely/In Planning:

UK: [Thorpe Park, Drayton Manor, Alton Towers, Blackpool, Lightwater Valley, and Flamingoland]
Germany: [Hansa Park, Phantasialand, Holiday Park, Tripsdrill, and Europa Park]
US Midwest: [SF St. Louis, Silver Dollar City, World's of Fun]

The Maybe's:

Carowinds, Six Flags Great Adventure, Dollywood. Might try to get out to California at some point also.
Lightning Rod|Intimidator 305|Fury 325|Twisted Timbers|Storm Chaser|Wicked Cyclone|Skyrush|Maverick|El Toro|Voyage

Post December 31st, 2017, 2:43 pm

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,208.00 Points
The main parks I want to visit are Alton Towers and Blackpool PB, among others.

Post December 31st, 2017, 2:55 pm

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
I've got passes to several local parks (Disneyland Resort, Knott's Berry Farm, SeaWorld San Diego, and Six Flags Magic Mountain), so I'll doubtlessly be visiting all of those multiple times. I may throw in a visit to Universal Studios Hollywood as well if I find a good deal on tickets. Beyond that, I've got 4 trips in planning...

Virginia Weekend (April): Weekend trip for Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Kings Dominion, as I haven't visited either since 2010 and have passes that include both parks.

Bay Area Weekend (May): I typically visit California's Great America and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom annually, and with friends planning a trip Memorial Day weekend that's likely when I'll go. Time permitting, I may add on Gilroy Gardens and/or the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.

Ohio/Pennsylvania/More (June/July): My big trip for 2018 is a 10-12 day road trip centered around this region. Exactly what parks will be included is TBD, but Cedar Point, Kennywood, and Kings Island are 100% in, with Hersheypark, and Knoebels in the very likely category. Other parks will likely depend on whether I decide to stretch the trip west (which would add Holiday World, Indiana Beach, Kentucky Kingdom, and Michigan's Adventure) or north (which would add Canada's Wonderland and Darien Lake), as well as on how much time I have for smaller parks.

Hong Kong (November): Very tentative, and with a good chance of not happening, but I'm toying with the idea of joining some friends on a trip to Hong Kong over Thanksgiving week. This trip would include Hong Kong Disneyland and Ocean Park, but I'd probably try to arrange my flights to stop at Shanghai Disneyland as well.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Post December 31st, 2017, 3:42 pm

Points on hand: 2,347.00 Points

Post December 31st, 2017, 4:45 pm

Points on hand: 5,955.00 Points
Paradox wrote:
Might try to get out to California too for some parks as well.

Hit me up m8

I'll be going to Cedar Point, CGA, and Knott's, for Steel Vengeance, Railblazer, and HangTime respectively. I also plan to make it out to King's Island, Dollywood, and Silver Dollar City. On my list of parks I hope I get to go to, Carowinds, Valleyfair, and SFDK.
Ok but how desperate you have to be to voluntarily fly from another country to go to Thorpe?

Post January 1st, 2018, 3:05 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
CoasterMac305 wrote:
The Confirmed:
The Likely/In Planning:

UK: [Thorpe Park, Drayton Manor, Alton Towers, Blackpool, Lightwater Valley, and Flamingoland]
Germany: [Hansa Park, Phantasialand, Holiday Park, Tripsdrill, and Europa Park]

Feel free to give us a shout if you make it over to the UK - I'm sure there will be some interest for Alton/Thorpe/Blackpool if not the others!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post January 2nd, 2018, 12:13 am

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
My summer will be pretty busy this year as I will be juggling full time along with an internship that is also writing intensive, however as a graduation present to myself I plan on driving to cedar point towards the end of August.
A trip to Hershey, and Dorney are always a sure thing for me, but I doubt I will have the time for any other trips.
What are these for?

Post January 7th, 2018, 6:38 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
So far I'd say the local parks like Phantasialand, Toverland and Efteling. For the rest. I have no clue yet. Plenty of ideas but it all depends on work.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post January 7th, 2018, 10:50 pm

Points on hand: 1,123.00 Points
Knott's, SFMM, and Disneyland Resort for my local parks. Probably going to visit California's Great America and Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk once Railblazer opens, likely in May. Then in June I want to take 10 days and start at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, then hit Kings Dominion, Hersheypark, Knoebels, Kennywood, Waldameer Park, Cedar Point, and Michigan's Adventure (you know, best for last ;) ).

Return to General Theme Park Discussions