Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Whats Your Worst Inversion?

Whats Your Worst Inversion?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Whats Your Worst Inversion?

Total votes : 0

Post April 26th, 2003, 8:57 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

A follow on to viking86's topic

So, whats your most hated inversion?

Post April 26th, 2003, 2:12 pm

Points on hand: 4,606.00 Points
I voted for the vertical loop, more acuratly a Schwarzkopf loop. OUTCH. I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about.

Post April 26th, 2003, 2:15 pm

Points on hand: 4,273.00 Points

I personally like all inversions except boomerangs found on most arrow coasters and some vekoma coasters. Boomerangs are so rough, they hurt my head, and that's one of the reasons that my hometown park got rid of our main attraction: The Steel Phantom. It also had a Boomerang, and was very rough so the remolded the Steel Phantom, turned it into a Hyper/Terrain Coaster and Called it The Phantom's Revenge-Great results.

Post April 26th, 2003, 3:30 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
Originally posted by whitewolf2759

I voted for the vertical loop, more acuratly a Schwarzkopf loop. OUTCH. I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about.

Actually, I think most people who have ridden a Schwarzkopf looper will have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

Post April 26th, 2003, 3:43 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

I don't like Cobra Rolls that much. I don't hate them but I just think that they are'nt that exciting.

Post April 26th, 2003, 3:44 pm

Post April 26th, 2003, 3:47 pm

Points on hand: 3,554.00 Points
In my experience they are very instense and smoooth. Are sure your thinking of Schwarzkopf?

Post April 26th, 2003, 5:29 pm

I'm sure. Maby I've just been on the only one with rough loops lol

Post April 27th, 2003, 9:11 am

Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points

Post April 27th, 2003, 10:41 am

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

I don't know why but Immelmanns just don't work for me.

Post April 27th, 2003, 1:58 pm

Points on hand: 4,463.00 Points

It realy depends on what coaster the inversions are on. Like I hate Cobra Rolls on boomers but I like cobra rolls on B&M's.
I don't realy dislike any invertion.

Post April 27th, 2003, 2:24 pm

Points on hand: 58.00 Points
i voted for corkscrews but they are ok on inverted rolercoasters. i have never been on a rollercoaster that has a batwing, a top hat, a immelmann loop, sea surphant roll, etc. i reckon dive loops are kinna boring and cobra rolls are very boring, but a sea surphant rolls will be much better than a cobra roll i think. an inversion that aint on the list is a camalback twist, they are very good.

Post May 3rd, 2003, 1:33 pm

Points on hand: 1,986.00 Points
I voted heartline roll, mainly because, although it was a pretty cool sensation, the only ride I've been on with a true one was Ultra Twister at SFAW, and the roughness killed any pleasure I could've gotten from it. As to that guy saying Shwarztkopf loops are bad, THAT's THE BEST PART!! That's half the fun on Shockwave at SFoT, two loops that almost squash you, then two spots of ejector seat air in the back [:D] But for the other inversions, I don't like boomerangs on Vekoma coasters, but I like cobra rolls on Beemers, and other things like that

Post May 13th, 2003, 10:21 pm

Points on hand: 1,434.00 Points

i LOVE all b&m corckscrews but it's just the vekoma...least damage: head ache...worst damage: death!

Post May 15th, 2003, 11:29 pm

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

I'd have to say the corkscrew. G forces have to be highly toned down and on standups, they make me feel overweight! Another inversion in which wasn't on the list would be the being inverted out of a train and SPLAT!

Post June 1st, 2003, 2:07 pm

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

i don't like loops. they're fun to be on and everything but they are just to common on rides.

Post June 1st, 2003, 2:23 pm

Points on hand: 3,810.00 Points

Well, since it's not listed, I'll add it here.

Not particularly my worst, in fact, one of my favourite. Definately the scariest though...

o Hanging upside down 5000 ft up in the air in a two-seater low-winged monoplane :D

The bulldog, to be precise :)

Post June 1st, 2003, 3:43 pm

Actually, on viper at SFDarien Lake, after you go down the drop on the MCBR's you just bang your head lightly entering a corkscrew and it is very smooth after that. But then after you exit the twin corkscrews, OUCH! But most arrow/vekoma coaster's corkscrews hurt[stoning]

Post June 2nd, 2003, 3:19 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Hi its me.
My worst inversion has to be the cobra roll because it is so rough.I went on a boomerang coaster at American Adventure and really jerked my head.

P.S.Why does everyone have to mown when our cobra rolls are jerky on our coasters. I think enough people said they were jerky in real life!

Post June 2nd, 2003, 6:14 pm

Points on hand: 3,320.00 Points
I frickin hate cobra rolls. It's strange... they look so dang cool... but in order to get the lateral g forces right, they have to be slowed down to the point of being boring in that middle section... and have no g's in the half loops.

Post June 2nd, 2003, 7:29 pm

Originally posted by Matt

Hi its me.
My worst inversion has to be the cobra roll because it is so rough.I went on a boomerang coaster at American Adventure and really jerked my head.

P.S.Why does everyone have to mown when our cobra rolls are jerky on our coasters. I think enough people said they were jerky in real life!

Yeah, I agree, but those are the arrow and vekoma ones you are talking about, right? If you ride a B&M cobra roll, They are smooth and I usually hate Cobra rolls, on Raptor, I loved it!

Post June 2nd, 2003, 7:32 pm

Originally posted by RCT loser

I frickin cobra rolls. It's strange... they look so dang cool... but in order to get the lateral g forces right, they have to be slowed down to the point of being boring in that middle section... and have no g's in the half loops.

errr, I hate that too. On Boomerang at SFDL I was so bored cause of the Cobra Roll, I don't like Vekoma Boomerangs. But as I said in the post above, if you ride a B&M cobra roll, you will be amazed by how well they do it!

Post June 2nd, 2003, 8:25 pm

Points on hand: 2,372.00 Points
I voted for corkscrews.They almost always have headbanging.

Post June 3rd, 2003, 11:47 am

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

A loop just feels like you are going straight forward. It dont feel like your upsidedown at all. Whats wrong with it?

Post June 3rd, 2003, 2:16 pm

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions