Board index Roller Coaster Games Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3 Where are the custom supports?

Where are the custom supports?

Discuss anything related to the Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 and 3.

Post January 4th, 2005, 5:24 pm

Points on hand: 2,671.00 Points

I cant find the custom supports for rct3? Where the heck are they?

Post January 4th, 2005, 6:48 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
you can't actually make them [;)] You have to be creative with the objects you allready have...

Post January 4th, 2005, 7:07 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

do you have access to the object data folder in rct3?

Post January 4th, 2005, 11:28 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

I was looking at it, and if you can find out how to make the 3d files, I think you can actually put it into the game, but getting it to work is a different story.

Post January 5th, 2005, 1:15 am
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

i will try to hack, patch, and customize it, but if it is not as open as rct2, it will be hard, and considering i dont have it... yeah. whats the ext for the object files, and are there 2 different types of files for rides and objects, and are the frames open for rides?

lol, sorry for so much questions, but again, i dont have it, so yeah...

Post January 5th, 2005, 3:03 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post January 5th, 2005, 7:22 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

cant... spent all $ for new website... plus my card cant handle it, and the new one i ordered (X800 XT) has been on backorder for months...

all i need is the extentions... can someone please give me them?

Post January 5th, 2005, 11:07 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

looks like its an .ovl file formant, don't know what that means, good luck with that one.

Post January 5th, 2005, 11:31 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

.ovl is the new sprite file type atari planned... i guessed they used it on rct3... ill see what i can do.

Post January 10th, 2005, 4:48 pm

Points on hand: 72.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
They aren't sprites anymore. They're meshes, objects, whatever.

And you guys aren't the only guys pissed off about this foolish act that the dev teams committed.

At best, you'll have to use the wall girder object.

Post January 10th, 2005, 7:52 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

God, I can't believe they left out such easy tasks, such as the tunnels, that should have been basic. All they would have need was have the ride go underground like normal, and have a tunnel pop up so you don't see the glitchy underneithing of the ground. And would it really have been that hard to let people mod the game, the sims 2 lets you do that, why can't Roller Coaster Tycoon 3? And why don't they have a mode where you can walk around the park ON THE GROUND? I'd like to look up and see what the park looks like, instead of always looking down. They also don't have Shwarzkopf Loopers, I was depressed.

Post January 11th, 2005, 4:36 pm

1. they want to make more $$$ for less work
2. the gp doesn't care

Oh, you can see view from the ground, just use the fly cam.

Of course, if anyone ever manages to hack the game...

Post January 11th, 2005, 6:58 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

i should say: Go grim[:D] Crack the game and let us enjoy more[:D]

Post January 11th, 2005, 8:33 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oh, you can see view from the ground, just use the fly cam.

It sux, its ungodly hard to position the cam where you want it, and, I'd like to beable to look upward, towards the sky, without being on a ride, if Sim Theme Park could do it, its pathetic how RCT 3 can't

Post January 12th, 2005, 8:53 pm

You have to adjust the flying sensitivity. (If you want a walking speed, set it to .03) It works just like NL's cam too, except for the missing shift and ctrl functions that NL's cam has. Yes, you can also look toward the sky with it too...

Post January 12th, 2005, 11:40 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

well...

ive gotten that all or at least part of the textures are integraded into the .ovl files, and that, as Coasteragent said, they're alittle more than sprites o.o..... and they're quite dangrous when it comes to virouses (so was the rct2 WW-TT's dat files, i actually got the trojan from D_IMPORTing one of those) so yeah... kinda makes you wonder about the new manegment x.0...
so, the only way to get custom objects in it -i think- is to directly rct3.exe (or whetever its called now) and make a new section to import objects, and possible expand the usable extentions unless it already covers the JAM or AMPH or 3DS files... or mabey to even D_IMPORT directly into saved games, and D_EXPORT them with it. i will open a saved game in a c++ type code and see if this is possible.

they defently have gotten tighter on hacking abilty, but its much easer for them to pack virouses into those files... XD
if i can ill make a stand alone tool to import or D_IMPORT the files... but if not, its gonna be a real kick in the butt and 40$ to edit the game's main exe, and if it actually has a milt$exe thing, it will be near impossible XD.... meh.

so yeah, dont expect anything too soon... i will prolly try to include a virous protector, and an update to my cheates to provide better navigation

XD better get started...

GRIM

Return to Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3