Board index Roller Coaster Games Planet Coaster Who else preordered PC?

Who else preordered PC?

Planet Coaster is the future of coaster park simulation games. It is created by Frontier Developments plc

Post October 29th, 2016, 12:44 pm
Xenon User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 375.00 Points
Bank: 431.00 Points
I preordered Planet Coaster about a week ago, and I am wondering if anyone else did the same as me. Then again, I haven't fiddled around with No Limits yet, so it's going to be a huge step up from RCT3.
hyyyper wrote:
Turbo wrote:
WCD-Ltd wrote:
Some of the complaining people lived up to 200 Km away
That's a joke right? What complaint could they have possibly given?

They should only be allowed to complain about the coaster being built too far away from them.

Post October 29th, 2016, 12:56 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

I did. tbh if you don't care about perks of preordering wait until the game comes out to make your decision. I very rarely preorder games and I did RCTW, PC, and Parkitect. I did this pretty much to give my honest opinions here before final releases. RCTW was a disaster and ultimately a failure. Planet Coaster shows a LOT of promise and I am largely happy with the results so far but it is still very much an early dev game. Lots of work to be done. I'll say the same about Parkitect but it's a different style of gameplay and one that traditional RCT fans will enjoy.

Honest opinion is wait until release to make the decision. You'll be happier with the result.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post October 29th, 2016, 6:43 pm
rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,265.00 Points

I got all 3 as well, but I've only really played Parkitect because it was closer to the "next RCT" game I was hoping for.

I've heard a lot of people say they didn't like RCTW but nobody really said why, and PC (who might I remind people, they are the ones who actually developed RCT3) seems to be considered good... but also nobody really said why.

But, as stated, I have only played Parkitect so far. At least none of the 3 are Theme Park Studios. That is the exact opposite of "fun".

Post October 29th, 2016, 9:18 pm

Points on hand: 3,893.00 Points
I got planet coaster, the lag makes it hard for me to play (I have a laptop :cry: ) But there is definitely a lot needed. I'm not a huge fan of it so far because it seems like everything is based on what keys you press, unlike nl2 which everything has a place. I also think the coaster editor needs to be much more powerful. I do enjoy it, but it's very very laggy.
I'm only annoying on purpose I swear

Post October 29th, 2016, 10:09 pm
Turbo User avatar

rcmaniac25 wrote:
...I've heard a lot of people say they didn't like RCTW but nobody really said why...

Here's a copypasta from my Steam review based on my original and current thoughts:

Korbles Steam Review wrote:
Okay, as a huge fan of the previous games there is a massive gap between old rct and new rct. If you were a fan of old rct do not buy this game. That's the early TL:DR.

Here are the likes
1. Terrain and water editor is nice
2. music isn't bad
3. more coaster editor customization

and dislikes
1. coaster editor is far too complex for average user, even above average users. See below for more details.
2. takes way too long to load sandbox mode. SANDBOX MODE!
3. can't right click to delete things such as pathways
4. MUST move camera with arrow keys, no more mouse movement
5. None of the coaster styles have relevant pictures to determine what they are, only stick figure sillouhetes.
6. you don't have a setting to remove cars from your trains. To add you simply click on where the extra cars should be
7. Terrain editor wont change the already existing support height leaving terrain indents that are quite ugly
8. Scenery isn't separated by group anymore. Oregon Trail Wagons apparently fit in with UFO's and pumpkins.

Here is my report of my experience on coastercrazy.com's forum skype chat regarding the game:
- alright rctw gimme what you got
- the music reminds me of a mix between sims 3 and a merry go round
- really not sure why a sandbox mode took MY $3000 custom build 2 minutes to load
- why can't I right click to delete things?
- can't move the camera with mouse apparently even with the highly unnecessary "move tool". you need to use the arrow keys, something never needed before. WHAT AN AWESOME NEW FEATUJRE GUISE! [/sarcasm]
- None of the coaster styles have relevant pictures to determine what they are, only stick figure sillouhetes.
- wow the coaster editor... take everything you knew about rct and throw it out the window.
- make a kiddie coaster. A good looking kiddie coaster. What was a 3 minute build is now 15 minutes.
- this coaster editor is way too complex for any casual or even a step above that user
- it's so customizable but that doesn't mean better. Sure it'll be able to make somewhat realistic coasters even WITHOUT A STRAIGHT TRACK SETTING AT ALL but it won't be recieved well by anyone that wants a casual non stressful experience.
- as far as track is concerned imagine a spline editor that automatically detects radius
- they took a simple game idea and added infinitely more steps
- on the bright side making death coasters is way easier
- For extra ride settings, you don't have a setting to remove cars from your trains. To add you simply click on where the extra cars should be.
- THIS IS NOT ROLLER COASTER TYCOON!
- I love this new terrain editor I do but it wont change the already existing support height leaving terrain indents that are quite ugly.
- The water tool works very well and something I really like.
- Scenery isn't separated by group anymore. Oregon Trail Wagons apparently fit in with UFO's and pumpkins.
- Overall a very sub par experience, definitely should not be named under roller coaster tycoon.

Posted October 31, 2015.

In summary it's a butchered version of Roller Coaster Tycoon attempting to mix a more free but very poorly designed building system. In my opinion the only thing that makes this a "Roller Coaster Tycoon" game is the name and I'm terribly afraid that the company knows that they are marketing a steaming pile and hoping people will buy it because of the name.

PC is what they should have done and constantly embarrasses the RCTW devs with infinitely better AI, better and more complete building systems and much more. Even Parkitect is a vast improvement and significantly more value for the dollar. In fairness they have "fixed" some of these issues but everything still suffers from a massive lack of attention to detail, lack of content, inability to provide the RCT feel and they have changed developers like what, 3 times now?

There's my explanation lol, I hope it makes sense.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post October 29th, 2016, 10:39 pm
rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Thanks Turbo!

That's a shame. (My favorite game is RCT. Provided as context...) Back when I first started playing RCT, I (sucked at scenery but) loved everything you can do and it "just worked". But I always wanted "more". RCT2 added more, but still something missing. When RCT3 was announced, it was like a dream because they added so much "more". But... it become too complicated, the game lost it's fun.

IMHO, theme park/roller coast games can be split into two categories: realistic and cartoon. These can be renamed two ways: "simulator vs strategy" and "work vs fun". (Note: everyone has their own definition of fun. I write software for a living, but I really enjoy it. Hours can pass and I won't notice because of what I'm doing. Similarly, there are many people who will work in NL2 and TPS and spend hours and hours. For me, I'll try some stuff and move on after a short period of time because it's lost my interest)

Simulator:
-No Limits (1/2)
-Theme Park Studio
-RCT3 (to an extent. It had scenarios and I could spend a lot of time in it, but there were some elements that were like "This could be so cool... if it was easier to use". i.e. Fireworks Creator)
-RCTW (from the videos and demos I've seen)

Strategy:
-RCT
-RCT 2
-RCT 3 (besides the parts mentioned above)
-Parkitect
-Planet Coaster

There are other games, and other people will have different views and what goes where, but if I have to explain to someone how to build a coaster, it's work, not fun.

Post October 29th, 2016, 11:18 pm
Turbo User avatar

And as someone who has played RCT literally since it began RCTW is a waste of money. Parkitect is the true successor to RCT2 which is why I love it so much and PC is what 3 should have been :)

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post October 30th, 2016, 1:11 pm

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points
Planet coaster is amazing if you have a lot of patience and a beast computer
Taron>Helix get mad

Post October 30th, 2016, 1:21 pm
Turbo User avatar

yeah it's intensive atm

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post October 30th, 2016, 1:49 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
I ordered the Early Bird a while back but had to refund it due to my computer not being able to handle it.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post October 31st, 2016, 6:17 pm
Xenon User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

straightbanana wrote:
Planet coaster is amazing if you have a lot of patience and a beast computer

At the moment, I have a computer with 12 GB of RAM, with about 1/4 of it being used up.

EDIT: For some reason, I was WAY off with the amount of storage on this thing. It has 12 GB of RAM instead of 1.5 TB. Thanks for pointing that it wasn't possible, Turbo.
Last edited by Xenon on November 3rd, 2016, 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hyyyper wrote:
Turbo wrote:
WCD-Ltd wrote:

They should only be allowed to complain about the coaster being built too far away from them.

Post October 31st, 2016, 6:27 pm
Turbo User avatar

that's not possible lol, if you mean hard drive space that doesn't necessarily matter.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post October 31st, 2016, 7:34 pm
rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

That's possible... it's a server and it costs a ton.

Turbo: funny thing about you saying PC is what RCT3 should've been; RCT3 and PC are made by the same company, but different publishers.

Post October 31st, 2016, 7:54 pm
Xenon User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Turbo wrote:
that's not possible lol, if you mean hard drive space that doesn't necessarily matter.

Also, my FPS rate is about 75 frames per second.
hyyyper wrote:
Turbo wrote:
WCD-Ltd wrote:

Post October 31st, 2016, 8:01 pm
Turbo User avatar

rcmaniac25 wrote:
That's possible... it's a server and it costs a ton.

Turbo: funny thing about you saying PC is what RCT3 should've been; RCT3 and PC are made by the same company, but different publishers.

Then let me rephrase. It's highly unlikely any consumer has that kind of money lying around.

Atari seems to have been the problem lol

xenon full pc specs nao pl0x

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post November 1st, 2016, 10:19 am

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points
Xenon wrote:
Turbo wrote:

But is your FPS 75 when you're running a big park with lots of detail?
Taron>Helix get mad

Post November 1st, 2016, 6:16 pm
Xenon User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

straightbanana wrote:
Xenon wrote:
Turbo wrote:

But is your FPS 75 when you're running a big park with lots of detail?

No. That is only if I'm fast-forwarding. Plus, I'm used to it.
hyyyper wrote:
Turbo wrote:
WCD-Ltd wrote:

Post November 2nd, 2016, 7:31 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ 75?! Twice better than mine lol! xD
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post November 2nd, 2016, 10:30 am
Turbo User avatar

xenon what's in your computer?

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Post November 3rd, 2016, 8:33 pm
Xenon User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Turbo wrote:
xenon what's in your computer?

I'm not a tech kind of guy, so I'm really not sure what specific hard drive or other components I have.

PC itself: HP Envy H8-1534 desktop with 12 GB of RAM. All of the parts are stock.

Monitor:Samsung S24C570L

Speakers: Bose Companion 2
hyyyper wrote:
Turbo wrote:
WCD-Ltd wrote:

Post November 15th, 2016, 1:13 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
How are the things going? :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post November 15th, 2016, 6:21 am
Xenon User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

lol240 wrote:
How are the things going? :)

Well, sadly, my computer specs are not good enough. :(
hyyyper wrote:
Turbo wrote:
WCD-Ltd wrote:

Post November 15th, 2016, 2:50 pm

Points on hand: 1,051.00 Points
I preordered it and I am having a blast! My computer is 16 gigs of ram. AMD 8 core processor and a GTX 1060 graphics card, so it runs the game just fine. Just the sheer amount of detail in this game, however, I could see how the standard user wouldn't be able to run it properly. The game is extremely detailed.

Post November 15th, 2016, 3:19 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I did, waiting on the release date.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post November 15th, 2016, 3:45 pm

Points on hand: 6,337.00 Points
If the released version is anything like the latest beta build (which it will be, cuz we're less than 48 hours out at this point), this is going to be a hype train derailment of NMSesque proportions.

Next

Return to Planet Coaster