Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Who would you vote for?

Who would you vote for?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post November 5th, 2012, 10:55 am

Points on hand: 4,334.00 Points

Voting is tomorrow on the 6th. Everyone has opinoins but my pick is Mitt Rhomny as I strongly feel he will put this country back in prespective as it once was before. Spread the words to your friends and familys but thats just only me though.

Post November 5th, 2012, 11:56 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Sounds like you know a lot about him. Especially since you spent his name moderately close to correctly.

I'm so not on board with either of the candidates. Not even close. Honestly I could flip a coin and be happy [well, as happy as I could be with either] with whatever result.
Heads > moving forward, Obama
Tails > moving backward, Romney

But moving backwards isn't always a bad thing in this case. I might vote for Obama because he supports gay marriage and I'm thinking about being willing to give him a second chance to move us forward and be the 'next generation.'

But something just tells me that another Obama term will fuuck the economy for good lol. Heh IDK. But tomorrow is the first time I get to vote [:)]

Post November 5th, 2012, 12:06 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Moving backwards isn't always a bad thing? Well, that's true, but in this case, do you REALLY think moving backward isn't a bad thing?

It amazes me how many people are oblivious of what's really happened the past 12 years.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post November 5th, 2012, 12:07 pm

Points on hand: 85.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
The problem is Romney says so many different things that I literally cannot tell where he stands on things. Other than "I'm conservative", I have no idea what he really wants to do, honestly. At least I know for the most part what Obama says he's going to do.

I also support the gay rights movement (etc.), and Obama is heading that way too.

I would have been able to go either way originally, but now I wouldn't feel comfortable having Romney in office. I agree that neither are great, but Obama is the "better" choice on a test that says "pick the choice that is most correct". Obama to me is the most correct.

Post November 5th, 2012, 12:50 pm

Points on hand: 88.00 Points
Originally posted by Oscar
It amazes me how many people are oblivious of what's really happened the past 12 years.

Agreed . But to be honest is been going on for more than just 12 years. But thats the plan, to do it so many never see it.

Post November 5th, 2012, 2:39 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

As an interested (read: worried) outsider, I think it's quite important for the US and the rest of the world that Obama stays in office. Not necessarily because Obama is a particularly great president, but because the alternative is Mitt Romney.

What worries me even more, though, is stuff like this:

I mean seriously; what the fock.

Post November 5th, 2012, 4:07 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I think I'll not vote for the guy with the 1930's economic policy that fails in internationally and domestically peer-reviewed economic journals.

"Trickle down" quantitatively fails and has never worked in the past.

Criticize Obama's economic policies (it's very doable even factoring in the republicans purposely bombing the credit rating to make him look bad), but it at least has positive data points and it isn't peer reviewed as mathematical garbage that doesn't work.

Besides Mr. "Get Tough on China"'s own company flew the Chinese flag in Illinois while the workers were training their Chinese replacements.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post November 5th, 2012, 4:36 pm

Points on hand: 1,136.00 Points
Well I'm kind of with gerstcrazy but I can't vote so I don't have to waste calories on flipping a coin. :P But living in utah the pressure of voting for mitt is outrageous! I hear people talking like, "Vote mitt, he is mormon so he iz kool..." And stuff like "He doesn't drink so he can think!" absolutely unimportant stuff like this. And not just kids at my school, but the adults to!

Post November 5th, 2012, 4:41 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Derp...

Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post November 5th, 2012, 4:49 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by Ajax_Coasters

"And stuff like "He doesn't drink so he can think!"

They've obviously never witnessed people like my professor who walk out of restaurants if they don't serve red wine.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post November 5th, 2012, 4:58 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points

Post November 5th, 2012, 5:09 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post November 5th, 2012, 7:30 pm

Points on hand: 1,433.00 Points

Post November 5th, 2012, 7:43 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Given the importance of the role of the US presidency internationally... should the rest of the developed world not also get a vote? [lol]

I'm joking, in a way, but in all seriousness; I feel pretty bad sitting here with the prospect of plausibly having Mitt Romney as the president of the world and not being able to do anything about it. This vote really could go either way at this point and it is worrying. I don't even care this much about UK politics, because that doesn't really matter, they're all the same [lol]

Look at what the rest of the world wants:

http://news.uk.msn.com/us-elections-201 ... ept-china/

Here in the UK, 85% would vote Obama.
The only country in favour of Romney is... China.

Post November 5th, 2012, 7:52 pm

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
Originally posted by Ajax_Coasters

Well I'm kind of with gerstcrazy but I can't vote so I don't have to waste calories on flipping a coin. :P But living in utah the pressure of voting for mitt is outrageous! I hear people talking like, "Vote mitt, he is mormon so he iz kool..." And stuff like "He doesn't drink so he can think!" absolutely unimportant stuff like this. And not just kids at my school, but the adults to!

I believe it was General Patton that said "I don't trust a man that doesn't drink, smoke, or get in trouble". That said, I'm voting Obama. I'm also voting Obama because I can see by your grammar and spelling what a republican run education system fails to accomplish.

Post November 5th, 2012, 7:53 pm
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Good, at least China knows what's up. I'd vote for Mitt Romney.

also

Post November 5th, 2012, 8:21 pm

Points on hand: 88.00 Points

Post November 5th, 2012, 8:37 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Reinstate Bush's economic policies that spiked economic activity for a short period of time on one end lead to a catastrophic crash on the other. Push for conservative restrictions that infringe on the rights of gays and women? Push to privatize social programs that would likely not work in the private sector? I don't think so. I'm not satisfied with Obama, but he's better then what the Republicans are offering.

I hope the next elections brings candidates that understands where the country is headed socially, but knows how to position the country so it can stand strong economically. I can name off a list of things Obama is doing wrong as well but the end result doesn't seem so catastrophic as what the GOP seems to be offering.

Post November 6th, 2012, 1:36 pm

Points on hand: 872.00 Points
I will go with 96.8% of my country and would vote for Obama. I can't even believe that there are so many people on this earth so dumb to vote for Romey. I would have a vote in Europe that if Romney wins we should cut all bonds with that country and just let them rot away.

Against gay rights, 'openly' saying that you do not care for almost 50% of your own countrymen. Way to go there. SAFP :>

Post November 6th, 2012, 4:28 pm

Points on hand: 2,341.00 Points
Yikes.... As someone who grew up in one swing state, and now goes to school in another, you have no idea how excited I am for today to finally be here. As much as I love the American political system (Checks and balances etc), this thread is a microcosm of why I despise every 4th November.

I can't stand anymore of the "How can anyone vote for Candidate X!? He's such a derp!" Well... it is possible that you simply have a separate viewpoint of someone else. Considering how close this election is going to be, I'm not sure how you can objectively say one candidate is an utter disaster. Luckily, I'm sure people will see the error in their ways, and we won't see ANY of this come 2016 :)

And just to stir the pot....
To those of you bashing the "Vote Biblical, not Political" sign: how is that any different than those in this thread saying they're voting for Obama because he's in support of gay rights? Like it or not, people vote on social issues, and the Republican party is the Religious party.

Post November 6th, 2012, 4:42 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
the nighmare lives!!! I didn't think you came here anymore
What are these for?

Post November 6th, 2012, 5:08 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Originally posted by Nightmare500

"Vote Biblical, not Political" sign: how is that any different than those in this thread saying they're voting for Obama because he's in support of gay rights?
Because it supports the idea that someone would vote for a person only because of religious affiliation, rather than a real issue with laws.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post November 6th, 2012, 5:17 pm

Points on hand: 2,341.00 Points
I really don't stop in here often anymore, but was curious about what Coney Island looked like after Sandy came through. This thread just caught my eye on the homepage.

Because it supports the idea that someone would vote for a person only because of religious affiliation, rather than a real issue with laws.

You're ignoring that part where religious affiliation actually affects law-making in our country. Regardless of your opinions on those people, if you're a believer in the bible/heaven/hell, why would you support someone who is against your ideology? I would only hope you have the same disgust towards gay people who lobby for Obama, in hopes of furthering their fight for equal rights.

Post November 6th, 2012, 6:05 pm

Points on hand: 872.00 Points
You're ignoring that part where religious affiliation actually affects law-making in our country. Regardless of your opinions on those people, if you're a believer in the bible/heaven/hell, why would you support someone who is against your ideology

Well, I can see one reason why Gay people should have every right to do what they see fit:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

If i'm correct, a gay, lesbian, veganist, polygamist etc MUST have the exact same rights as any other person. If not, well, you can read too I guess. I'd love the rule that religion and government should be seperate to be added, that would stir things up ^^

Post November 6th, 2012, 6:13 pm
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Originally posted by RCT-3-Crazy

You're ignoring that part where religious affiliation actually affects law-making in our country. Regardless of your opinions on those people, if you're a believer in the bible/heaven/hell, why would you support someone who is against your ideology

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"

I'd love the rule that religion and government should be seperate to be added, that would stir things up ^^
wat

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion