Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Additional Cedar Point 2015 Announcements!

Additional Cedar Point 2015 Announcements!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post February 27th, 2015, 9:35 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
I didn't see another topic to put this in officially, so if there is one already, let me know...

Cedar Point GateKeeper Midway Renos 2015.jpg

With the addition of Rougarou, the transformation of Mantis from a stand-up to floorless coaster, already announced, we may have assumed Cedar Point was done with 2015 announcements. Happily, we were wrong!

At this past weekend's Winter Chill Out enthusiast event, which raised $27,000 for Give Kids The World, the park made several more announcements.

Seen above is concept art for the changes that were revealed for the Wicked Twister Midway, which is getting an overhaul for this season. Moved from elsewhere in the park, Calypso will be renamed the Tiki Twirl and be located near Wicked Twister's entrance area. A new neighbor to maXair, the park's famous Dodgems will also be moved along the pathway. In order to fit the Dodgems, the kiddie version of the same attraction will be moved and incorporated into Planet Snoopy and renamed as Joe Cool's Dodgem School. The entire area also appears to be receiving new planters, light fixtures and other cosmetic improvements.

As part of the changes, Sir Rub-A-Dub's Tubs (a children's water ride) and the Turnpike Cars (located near Raptor) will be retired.
Cedar Point Sweet Spot 2015.jpg

Visitors with a sweet tooth will love a newly announced candy store, located next to the Pagoda Gift Shop, named Sweet Spot. The new store "will feature fresh fudge, caramel apples and other mouth-watering treats," with "large front windows along the Main Midway will allow guests to watch the candy-making process."

CP Hotel Breakers Fire Pits.jpg

Cedar Point is also hard at work with the final renovations to the historic Hotel Breakers, which will totally transform the resort. Just announced, and seen above, are new outdoor fire pit areas that will serve as both a gathering and resting site for guests. This will be a wonderful place to hang out and warm up between coaster rides in both the early Spring and Fall seasons!

2015 has shaped up to be a season full of exciting changes for the park! Season Pass holders will be able to check out some of the additions (like Rougarou) on a newly announced Season Passholder Preview Night on Friday, May 8th from 7 to 10 p.m.
credit newsplusnotes

Post February 27th, 2015, 9:47 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Glad they did it. That whole section seemed a bit shoved off to the side. Hopefully they can move Blue Streak's entrance up to under Raptor and then just seal off the whole area for something better.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post February 27th, 2015, 10:16 pm

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Someone posted this over on TPR, it seems like it would fix the new, worsened dead end and hopefully get rid of the clutter by Iron dragon.
It would require the Dorms to be torn down, and the road to be re routed, but it would free up a huge plot of land, enough for the dive machine and maybe a GCI down the road.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post February 28th, 2015, 7:47 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

They rebuilt a dorm last year. I doubt they're going to tear down Cedars (red dorms behind deceased Wildcat) if they don't have the issues the other ones have.

Post February 28th, 2015, 8:50 am

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
The Cedar Dorms are the worst of them and in horrible condition. They're falling apart and will either need to be renovated or torn down very soon.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post February 28th, 2015, 11:56 am

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
I thought they were tearing down the dorms anyway soon

Post February 28th, 2015, 1:40 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
deere839 wrote:

I thought the gold dorms were the ones that got torn down.

Post February 28th, 2015, 10:33 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Wicked Twister Midway... where the big thrills and the family fun rides coexist. :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post February 28th, 2015, 10:35 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

TTD03 wrote:
deere839 wrote:

I thought the gold dorms were the ones that got torn down.

Yes and then they made the nice new big ones near the Dairy Queen. Dorm replacement has to be expensive.

I still rank 1400's are the worst dorms. Cedars is just old.

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
I just realized shreka is in that image but im getting confused on the dorms thing I remember hearing about one getting torn down soon

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
deere839 wrote:
I just realized shreka is in that image but im getting confused on the dorms thing I remember hearing about one getting torn down soon

*Sheikra
*I'm
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!