Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Wild Eagle - Dollywood

Wild Eagle - Dollywood

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post September 5th, 2011, 1:06 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
Damn... That's one helluva layout for a wingrider. I'm impressed by how much stress the wings of the trains can handle though. That loop is gonna be a crazy experience sitting on the edge of the track, I can tell you that much.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post September 5th, 2011, 1:35 pm

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

I am seriously considering taking a trip to Dollywood. A mid-atlantic coaster trip is sounding better and better. BGW, Dollywood, KD and Hershey. I guess SF just got their asses handed to them by A SINGLE PARK!!!! A terrain wing-rider through the smoky mountains, holy poop!!! can't wait to see the POV of this one.
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post September 5th, 2011, 2:13 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Yeah, hopefully Herschend sees Wild Eagle as a success and adds one to Silver Dollar City [:D]

Post September 5th, 2011, 2:32 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by coasterpimp

Yeah, hopefully Herschend sees Wild Eagle as a success and adds one to Silver Dollar City [:D]

Hasn't that park already got Wildfire?
I think they would have more use for a woodie or something.

Post September 5th, 2011, 2:44 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Originally posted by coasterpimp

Or you could just get your ass to SFGAm and ride X-flight [:D]
American Eagle Lover

Post September 5th, 2011, 3:17 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
^ Wild eagle is gonna be so much better.... But I do admit, that roll through the control tower on X-Flight is gonna be SO epic.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post September 5th, 2011, 3:22 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
^I think they're incomparable. Wild Eagle has just a lot more awesome of a layout, but X-Flight takes a lot of cake with that kind of drop and the flat roll...

They share the cake, for different reasons.

You know what, I take that back completely. After re-checking the layout of WE, it definitely will be a lot better. The straight drop into the loop, the CORKSCREW, and the airtime hill. Wow. Too bad this one is further away from me =[

Post September 5th, 2011, 3:33 pm

Points on hand: 1,101.00 Points
You know, we could all do a meet-up at Dollywood...
Plot Twist: I'm still alive

Post September 5th, 2011, 4:18 pm

Points on hand: 3,578.00 Points
Originally posted by highthrills2

i so called it :)
i knew they were building a wing rider

and now six flags can stop boost about having the only wing rider in the us, and this one does look about 100x times better then x flight :)

I don't think Six Flags ever really boasted about having the only Wingrider....the marketing they used was "First to be announced Wingrider in the United States"

Post September 5th, 2011, 4:52 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points

Post September 5th, 2011, 5:35 pm

Points on hand: 1,343.00 Points
Bank: 826.00 Points
I think x-flight is going to be better. due to the size of a wing-rider train that vertical loop will feel more like a tall corkscrew

Post September 5th, 2011, 5:59 pm

Post September 5th, 2011, 6:13 pm

Points on hand: 1,286.00 Points
I can see myself going to Dollywood next summer. This is going to be awesome! Riding off the track definitely will be a different feeling.

Post September 5th, 2011, 8:24 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Wow. I honestly think I'm most psyched for the corkscrew. The shaping of it looks so much more linear than the rest of B&M's corkscrews, and I think that'll really enhance the experience of it when you're riding 8 feet from the track. It's just going to be an all-around epic ride for sure, but that's the coolest part IMO.

Post September 5th, 2011, 8:25 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

The SFGAm one looks like a lot of fun, but this will easily top it. The vertical loop especially should be a pretty unique experience in the wingrider trains.

Post September 5th, 2011, 10:26 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
The wingrider trains make every maneuver on a normal B&M twice as cool. These trains actually make use of B&Ms large flowing elements and twists. If this ride only had the same drop as the one at SFGAm it would be soo cool. I really cant decide which one will be better.

Post September 5th, 2011, 10:58 pm

Points on hand: 2,333.00 Points
^ I actually prefer Wild Eagle's drop. Just a personal preferance though.

Wow, this is looking like a fantastic move by Dollywood. Wild Eagle will definately be better than x-flight due to the excellent setting Dollywood provides. I feel it will be a much more memorable ride experience.

Post September 5th, 2011, 11:36 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Originally posted by jdmi012

due to the size of a wing-rider train that vertical loop will feel more like a tall corkscrew

tunnel test infractions are acceptable on the same block [:D]
American Eagle Lover

Post September 5th, 2011, 11:54 pm

^Good point.

Wow. I honestly think I'm most psyched for the corkscrew. The shaping of it looks so much more linear than the rest of B&M's corkscrews, and I think that'll really enhance the experience of it when you're riding 8 feet from the track. It's just going to be an all-around epic ride for sure, but that's the coolest part IMO.

This is a really good post that I agree with. Think about how it would ride different from each side of the train.

Post September 6th, 2011, 2:42 pm

Points on hand: 1,411.00 Points

X-Flight looks so much better than this ride. But they both look great

Post September 6th, 2011, 9:24 pm

Points on hand: 1,598.00 Points
Yet another excuse for me to go to Dollywood. Hehehe
A man has needs and that needs is booze.

Post September 7th, 2011, 12:31 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy
You know what, I take that back completely. After re-checking the layout of WE, it definitely will be a lot better. The straight drop into the loop, the CORKSCREW, and the airtime hill. Wow. Too bad this one is further away from me =[

So that's where the limit of money you get from your parents stops at?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 7th, 2011, 12:47 am

Post September 19th, 2011, 6:27 pm

Points on hand: 1,275.00 Points
Looks good-A wingrider is a excellent choice for Dollywood.So unique!

Post February 6th, 2012, 9:01 pm

Track must have been completed recently. It's been awhile since anyone used this thread, but this ride looks like one of the cooler ones this year. Especially that corkscrew.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!