Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Wildfire at Kolmarden

Wildfire at Kolmarden

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post April 8th, 2014, 10:34 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Wildfire at Kolmarden Statistics

Top speed: 113 km/hour (70 miles/hour)

Length: 1,300 meters (4265 feet)

Elevation: 57 meters (187 feet)

First drop: 49 meters (160 feet) with a tilt of 83 degrees

Number of inversions: 3

Airtime (the feeling of weightlessness): 12 moments, 4 of those with negative G

Ridetime: 120 seconds

Capacity: 960 riders/hour

Seats per train: 24 people

Height limit: 120 cm (47 inches)

Investment: 110 miljon SEK (16.9 Million USD)

Manufacturer: Rocky Mountain Construction (USA)

The Reveal of Wildfire

Press Conference

The Making of Wildfire

Teaser Video
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post April 8th, 2014, 1:02 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Alright who else is not as impressed.

Everyones jizzing themselves over this ride. I see turns instead of airhills, and I love love airhills in wooden coasters.
I've never been on a woody with inversions but I think they take away from the experience.

Post April 8th, 2014, 1:07 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I think RMC is going to turn themselves into a one trick pony, in that while the elements are innovative they are also becoming typical RMC. I am impressed to see a more complex and longer layout though
What are these for?

Post April 8th, 2014, 1:09 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Yea, unfortunately, inversions on new wooden coasters seem to be becoming the norm. What ever happened to amazing new wooden coasters without inversions, such as El Toro!

Post April 8th, 2014, 1:15 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Have any of you actually ridden an RMC? They are the most innovative company the coaster world has seen in years. They don't just include elements because of a gimmick, those elements are freakin awesome. The only reason Outlaw Run is below El Toro in my top10 is because it's a tad short.

Post April 8th, 2014, 1:48 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I feel like a lot of the inversions on RMC's could be replaced with huge airhills. The only real part on the ride that seems to have any air is the main drop and the hangtime during the first inversion.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post April 8th, 2014, 1:52 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Got to agree with hyyyper here. I think people need to start seeing past these whole "wooden/steel" business and see that these guys have been coming up with some great ride designs - each of which they're building on what they've done before. Can't wait till I get my first opportunity to ride one of them - looks great fun!

I disagree that there isn't any major airtime Jcoasters - I think there's a lot of airtime in there that isn't straight up airtime and is combined some sort of turn. I definitely saw a couple of those instances.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post April 8th, 2014, 2:07 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I'm not saying that they aren't innovative, what I mean is that they're going to become like B&M where the majority of their coasters use the same elements in a slightly different order.
What are these for?

Post April 8th, 2014, 2:09 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

There's only 12 moments of air on this ride, they should have added like 50 /sarcasm
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post April 8th, 2014, 2:13 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
mkingy wrote:
I disagree that there isn't any major airtime Jcoasters - I think there's a lot of airtime in there that isn't straight up airtime and is combined some sort of turn. I definitely saw a couple of those instances.

I hope you're right. We'll see when the ride is released.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post April 8th, 2014, 2:22 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Nope never ridden one, I guess I really need to because I see layouts that I don't really love. So they must need to be ridden to understand.

Post April 8th, 2014, 2:31 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
The ride seems to have the same flow of Outlaw Run, just bigger and longer. After watching a POV of Outlaw Run I was kinda disappointed as there seemed to be no airtime or anything, just some funky banking tricks everyone has done in NL a couple of times.

But I couldn't have been more wrong. The entire ride is filled with insane amounts of airtime. Every weird transition of banked hill give you airtime just as insane as you'd find it on El Toro.

If we're lucky, this ride is going to top Outlaw Run, and it will be (one of) the best coaster(s) on the planet.

Post April 8th, 2014, 3:28 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I've heard some of the awkward turns give lateral air, so it may have that going for it. The only thing that peeves me are the upsidedown hills. They look like a waste on this and Goliath.

Overall ride really looks stunning though. Not the best ever, but close.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post April 8th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

The way Rocky Mountain designs their transitions and shaping for inversions and stuff makes them have airtime. 12 moments of airtime on this ride and people are complaining? Sheesh.

Go ride Outlaw Run. It is a mind blowingly good experience. And this is like 2 Outlaw Runs glued together. Wow!

Post April 8th, 2014, 6:40 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I just hope that somewhere they make another airtime hill like this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJH46AQ-2YA#t=143 (Video not embedded because the timestamp feature doesn't work.)
There is no airtime hill that is this smooth, or pulls you over faster in my opinion in the last row.
If you haven't ridden El Toro than I'm sorry to hear that. If your ever in the area, you need to get over here.

Post June 26th, 2015, 5:13 pm

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points

Guess what might be back in business! :D (Translated by Google)

KOLMARDEN It requires no detailed plan to Kolmarden Zoo will build the new roller coaster Wildfire. That is the meaning of the Land and Environment Court decision that came on Friday.
If the judgment becomes final, it means Kolmarden Zoo gets go-ahead to build their entertainment facility.

The zoo was first granted planning permission for the construction of the municipality in October 2014. But when the decision on appeal to the provincial government came in turn to the conclusion that the facility would cause such an impact and influence on the environment that it required a detailed plan. The zoo appealed to the County Administrative Board's decision to the Land and Environment Court, which has now taken a decision in the matter.

The argument of the County Administrative Board's opinion that the roller coaster will have a significant impact on the environment, but does not believe that it can have significant environmental effects. Traffic and noise issues that concerned parties raised can be resolved at a construction permit review, consider law.

Christer Fogelmarck, President-CEO of Kolmarden owners Parks and Resorts were at Kolmarden Zoo on Friday when the judgment came.

- It rejoiced over the place and the atmosphere is very positive. This engages so many of us. It gives confidence back, he says.

Now they are waiting to start building the project again. But when the roller coaster can be completed and ready to run, no one can say at present.

- We hope that it will be able to start until spring 2016, he says.

From sak??garnas site reactions were more muted after the verdict.

- It was expected that there would be this. It's so wishy-washy in the Environmental Code. It is possible to make any decision and then find support for this in the Environmental Code, says Bengt Allgur??n, one of the interested parties who demanded a detailed plan for the facility.

- With a detailed plan becomes clear who should do what and when in terms of traffic measures, says Lars Bengtsson, concerned parties.

- The municipality had been able to begin the detailed planning work, and grant planning permission on condition that it does not conflict with upcoming zoning, he thinks.

Land and Environment Court ruling can still be appealed to the Land and Environmental Court, which then first take a position on whether to grant leave to appeal.

- There is a precedent-setting case. Man Screams can not be counted as industrial noise. Traffic issue learns not be solved if we are not complaining, says Bengt Allgur??n, himself not decided how he was going to do.

- I think most probably there is someone who submits an appeal, says Lars Bengtsson.

source: http://www.nt.se/nyheter/norrkoping/wil ... 85694.aspx

Post June 26th, 2015, 5:45 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Awesome new concept art!

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post June 26th, 2015, 5:47 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Hell yes.

1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post June 26th, 2015, 9:00 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^ Is that pic, even necess, you know what, I'll sit back and enjoy the show.

Post June 26th, 2015, 9:57 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

^^you know, I was about to post "hell yes", but then I saw your caption :lol: (literally read my mind lol)

^By the way it's completely necessary because Arianda Grande
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post June 26th, 2015, 10:40 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
It's sort of necessary because that's what I would have done to Miss Grande if she was near me when I received this Wildfire news.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post June 26th, 2015, 11:55 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Is it a singer or a Disney Channel thing?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post July 9th, 2015, 3:54 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
From Vekoma's facebook:
We are back on track with Wildfire, The new record breaking Wood Coaster in cooperation with Rocky Mountains Construction.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post July 9th, 2015, 4:28 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
I've heard some of the awkward turns give lateral air, so it may have that going for it. The only thing that peeves me are the upsidedown hills. They look like a waste on this and Goliath.

Overall ride really looks stunning though. Not the best ever, but close.

I thought Goliath's Zero G Stall would be a waste too... but it turned out to be the best element on the ride!
American Eagle Lover

Post September 19th, 2015, 7:52 am
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
New video from Kolmarden about the construction of Wildfire.

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!