Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Will Holiday World get a new roller coaster soon?

Will Holiday World get a new roller coaster soon?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Points on hand: 2,835.00 Points

I think Holiday World should get a new roller coaster. The two that are there already are awesome enough, but it would even more awesome to have a new roller coaster. I know that they will probably not build a steel roller coaster any time soon and space in the HW part of the park is shrinking. But would still rock.

Post February 1st, 2005, 3:37 pm

Points on hand: 3,903.00 Points

ye it would be cool they need something to attracted more people.

Post February 1st, 2005, 7:38 pm

Points on hand: 2,671.00 Points

b&m terrain looper or a gravity group terrain woodie!

Post February 1st, 2005, 9:00 pm

Points on hand: 3,741.00 Points
I really hope so, but I wonder where they would put it? another awesome woodie would really make the park an annual stop for myself, that and their great water park! I think they might not build a new coaster until they finish all the park improvements and water park additions they've been doing.

Post February 3rd, 2005, 11:09 am

Points on hand: 2,835.00 Points

I agree with rocketboy. Even though HW is an annual stop for me anyway, because i only live a half hour away from it. Their ultimate goal is to get Splashin Safari twice the size it was last year, so I am predicting that nothing major will happen in Holiday World until all the Splashin Safari additions are made.

Post February 3rd, 2005, 9:40 pm

yeah, I would go every year but don't have the money! so I alternate like so:

this past year I went to Hersheypark, Cedar Point, and SSKK (no one there, it was great even for a subpar park!)

the year before that I hit PKI and HW, both very good visits.

usually I try to get family vacations to go near parks so I have an excuse to spend a day (or maybe two) at them.

Post February 7th, 2005, 12:29 am
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

I had a discussion with the Holiday World general manager about this topic last July, and he said that they are probably going to build a Gravity Group terrain woodie in the future, but not for a few years. Also, when they do build it, Stark Raven Mad will return under a different event name. He sounded pretty sure about it, so I trust that this is the current plan.

Post February 8th, 2005, 3:54 pm

thanks, cjd. I have no doubt that the new ride will be just as good (maybe better) than the existing ones. I'm also glad that they're sticking with terrain woodies, because those are my favorite type of coasters. I can't wait!!!

Return to General Theme Park Discussions