Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Windswept (UD:11-7-12) 3D's complete!

Windswept (UD:11-7-12) 3D's complete!

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post September 6th, 2012, 1:23 am

Points on hand: 79.00 Points
Lame working title, but I have finally come up with an original layout worth sharing! I'm even starting work on 3D's (which are still a pain in the ass)

NOTE: In the pictures, as you can probably assume, the parts with the tunnels will be underground.

I'm satisfied with the track, and I don't care about "realistic" shaping. The unique part about this one will be it's terrain interaction. Which, eventually, if I can get it convincing enough, will make it a really cool coaster. Some pictures from Sketch-Up are shown below.

It is set in an area similar to Arches National Park, Moab, Utah. The layout takes riders gliding over arches and twisting though caves in the surrounding rock. It even has a preliminary (crappy) custom station!

I hope also to work on a custom .env file for the final product, but I'm more lost there as I am with 3D's.

EDIT: forgot to add it to Sketch-Up, but the barrel roll over the track (foreground in the third picture) will be hanging from another arch.
Last edited by Pockets on November 7th, 2012, 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
I used to be in a barbershop quartet in Skokie, Illinois...

Post September 6th, 2012, 1:33 am
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

The ride seems kind of flat for a lot of terrain interaction, but I'd like to see what you have in mind. Please don't make the shaping too "out of the ordinary"

Looks cool, I'm looking forward to see more.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post September 6th, 2012, 1:39 am

Nothing's too outrageous. Lots of twisty banked turns and some decent airtime. I did go to great lengths to avoid the typical Newton-y feel. Particularly in the transitions.

I just mean I'm not trying to copy any particular Intamin style, or B&M whatever...

Post September 6th, 2012, 1:41 am
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

That's fine, if it's not too Newton-y then I'm fine haha
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post September 6th, 2012, 11:05 am

Points on hand: 790.00 Points

Post September 6th, 2012, 1:45 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points

Post November 3rd, 2012, 9:26 pm

More pictures! I hope this clears up my idea of terrain interaction. I suppose I'll just keep cleaning it up until I feel comfortable with it as a completed product.

Also decided on a name: Windswept

Image Insert:
1096.17 KB

Image Insert:
977.19 KB

Post November 4th, 2012, 8:53 pm

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
Originally posted by Xtremecoasta

Insert archys meme.

I noticed this only happens when your segments are 1-2 meters. In other words, when you use Newton, construction kit gets confused.

Post November 7th, 2012, 3:18 am

3D's are done to my satisfaction!

And by that, I mean done to a point that it conveys the shapes I want to communicate. I literally have no free time due to the workload of a heavy class schedule. But, as I am anxious to get what has become one of my favorite coasters out, so I am willing to sacrifice some detail to complete the project before winter break.

So does anyone have a Pro version of Sketch-Up? I need the ability to export the file to .3ds format.

Image Insert:
1352.42 KB

Image Insert:
1500.12 KB

Post November 7th, 2012, 3:37 am

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
I have the pro version. Send me a PM if you want me to export for you.

Return to Hard Hat Area