Board index Public Relations Contests NL2 Wooden Coaster Makover Contest!

NL2 Wooden Coaster Makover Contest!

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Post June 3rd, 2017, 9:27 pm

Points on hand: 1,389.00 Points
Before we get set into the whole contest, I'm going to say i have not seen a contest like this on the forums, so i'm going to try something more unique and give this a shot. I've never hosted a contest before. Help would be gladly appreciated! :D

BACKSTORY

It is the year 2020. You are a well known coaster designer. You get a message from Rocky Mountain Construction and a smaller park called Evoritte Hills. They want YOU to design and do a makeover of a coaster they've had for 17 years, Vampire. The park has always got complaints of how rough and rickety it has gotten. In 2012, They refurbished some of the track and changed the trains. The park though it was better, but the guests disagreed, so they now have to find something else to do.. and they've figured it out. Also, Evoritte Hills has been looking to upgrade their park for a while and now they know what they want to do, and of course you're chosen to design the new and improved Vampire. The name, layout, elements heights and ect, is all up to you to redesign.

CONTEST RULES

Lets get to the basics.

TheCodeMaster's RMC rails are not required, but if you can install them, please use them.
If you want to find out how to install realistic RMC rails, Here is the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16gSWKTLW-g&t=186s

You MUST Follow most of the track layout. You are allowed to reverse the way you go. For instance, Instead of going origionally left on the first turn, you make the drop angled so instead you turn and go Right, You are allowed to reverse anywhere but the break run and the lift.

Maximum height = 125FT
No G-Force over 4G's
No -G Force under -2 G's
Must have 2 Inversions, No more than 3

There are support barriers that contradict to where your track can go.
Most turns have a large space to work with so you can add nice airtime moments and inversion potential.

Thats what they look like.

Supports have no restriction. They can pass the border.
You must use a tunnel.
You can design the terrain and scenery how you want.

You dont have to use the entire wood used. you can just generate your own. Just keep the borders in the same place and try to re-act the layout making it look similar.

How to get more credit

By credit i mean, Better chance of winning.

Shaping
This is the main thing for making something look realistic. This is going to be a RMC coaster, make it look like one.

Scenery
Another thing. Make sure it fits with the coaster.

Unique name
Make it something appealing.Something that fits the ride. "Iron Vampire" Is just a no no...

Play it right
This means how you play the old coasters layout. making it fit right, good flow and pacing. Dont just make the first half slow and full of hills then the second half intense and helix like. Make it flow and pace well.

If you can get all of those things pretty good, ill surely love your ride.

HOW TO ENTER

First, you need to get the file that you're going to use for your RMC makeover.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0dNBgQFFci4RFM0Slg1WXlvbUk

*Notice
The coaster is finished but it barely doesent make it back to the station, but it goes through the brake run. it goes through the full course how it should, i just forgot to add speed to the last brake section so it doesent make it in. You're just remaking it. so should it really matter since you're prooobaby adding 2 trains and a better brake run..?

Once you're finished, Email me the file at Threeton43@gmail.com
Please make sure to also PM me or comment if you've submitted your coaster!

Once we get enough people i will make a due date. It will most likely be 1 month. if you guys think that its not enough time, or too much time please suggest a proper due date.

Thats all i have to say for now. If you have any questions Please either PM me or comment it so that other people can see if they have the same question.

Contestants:
thisisrandom
coasterdude2001
tdog1995
Last edited by rmcSoni on June 30th, 2017, 12:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post June 4th, 2017, 8:50 am

Points on hand: 1,127.00 Points

This sounds like a lot of fun, I'll give it a try :D

Post June 4th, 2017, 8:58 am

Points on hand: 2,126.00 Points
Bank: 1,000.00 Points
Been off Nolimits for too long, this will be fun, I'll join!

Post June 4th, 2017, 11:03 am

Thanks for joining guys. If you have any questions about the rules, please let me know!

Post June 4th, 2017, 11:43 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
This is like the 4th RMC contest in a year.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post June 4th, 2017, 1:00 pm

Post June 5th, 2017, 6:10 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Looks like a fun contest, but pretty much what slosprint said:
slosprint wrote:
This is like the 4th RMC contest in a year.

Lately I've only seen "RMC this" kind of contests. Imo i'd say ditch the RMC factor. Plenty of awesome wooden coaster companies.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post June 5th, 2017, 1:45 pm

Post June 5th, 2017, 4:23 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
rmcSoni wrote:
How about a GCI Makeover?

Personally I would be up for a "free of choice" style of makeover. Fixing stuff to one tied manufacturer imo kills a bunch of the creativity. ^^;;
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post June 5th, 2017, 6:37 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

can i just change the color of the rails to something lighter and say i retracked it

Post June 6th, 2017, 3:23 pm

Ill just do what dirk said. You guys can just retrack and redesign it to make it better than before

Post June 6th, 2017, 3:47 pm

Points on hand: 5,955.00 Points
Are we allowed to demolish parts of the track we don't utilize?

EDIT:

woo

Ok but how desperate you have to be to voluntarily fly from another country to go to Thorpe?

Post June 6th, 2017, 6:36 pm

^ As long as it corresponds to the track layout

Edit: Since someone has started, Your deadline is July 10th!

Please email me at Threeton43@gmail.com Once you're finished

Post June 7th, 2017, 6:36 pm

Also is a requirement of the tunnel restriction that it must be underground or can it be above the ground like Gold Striker?
Ok but how desperate you have to be to voluntarily fly from another country to go to Thorpe?

Post June 8th, 2017, 2:41 pm

ah i didnt make the tunnel thing clear, You must use the tunnel in the same spot where it is.

Post June 30th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Post July 1st, 2017, 4:32 pm

I'm in Europe now, I'm out of the contest unless you would like me to finish afterwards.

Post July 2nd, 2017, 11:57 am

I need to keep the deadline at july 10th. if you cannot finish until then, then you can forefit

Post July 10th, 2017, 10:35 am

well, today is the deadline, so i cant really claim a winner since i only had 1 entry. thanks for playing to the others, :D

Post July 19th, 2017, 10:47 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ I say thanks for holding such a "seemingly fun" contest! You've made us happy so far! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to Contests