Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! World's First Experimental Video Game Theme Park?

World's First Experimental Video Game Theme Park?

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points
I'm surprised discussion of this hasn't happened, since this has been quietly circulating since Aug 15, but anyways, check it out:

http://www.demandgamenation.com/

Originally Posted by GamePro:

Video Game Theme Park Nation Partners With Atari

Game Nation is an enormously ambitious project that aims to create what it calls an "experiential video game theme park and resort." The concept is based around the idea of video games "coming to life" in a theme park filled with interactive attractions and rides. The grand plan is to provide an experience akin to stepping into the many virtual worlds of video games, only in "meatspace" reality rather than via the flat panels of our monitors and TVs.

Split across several "districts" including the cyberpunk cityscape The Alternet, the candy-colored nonsense of Chroma, the dystopian warzone The Domain of Xeridon, high fantasy land The Realm of Etheria and the GN Sports Coliseum, attendees at the proposed attraction will be able to step into character and take part in a wide range of video game-inspired activities in which they play an active role thanks to interactive weapons, missions and storylines.

The project was first announced in May of last year, when the team behind it reported that it would be spending approximately 12 months deciding the best location for the park's debut. The location has not yet been announced, but the team has been hard at work on concepts for the park's districts. And today, Game Nation has announced a partnership with Atari, with the industry legend offering up its 8 bit classics such as Centipede, Asteroids and Missile Command for conversion into interactive rides and attractions.

"We are excited about the possibility of partnering with Game Nation Parks for what will surely be an amazing new and exciting attraction for park and game lovers the world over," said Lee Jacobson, senior vice president of licensing and digital publishing for Atari. "We wish the Game Nation team continued success and look forward to a long term partnership."

"We're really excited to take our favorite 8 bit games and make them larger than life!" added "Ruke," creator of the Game Nation concept.
Last edited by GavG on September 2nd, 2011, 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Originally posted by dcs221
\nMack Daddy A113. That'll be your rap name.

Post September 2nd, 2011, 7:18 am

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
:) im excited..
espically ince they are looking at fl for there location and creating jobs here :)

i could get another job :)

Post September 2nd, 2011, 12:12 pm

Points on hand: 542.00 Points
I'm not sure if this is going over my head, but I don't understand...
Progressive Rock Band "Castles"
http://castlesnj.bandcamp.com/

Post September 2nd, 2011, 2:43 pm

im thinking this is going to be like a theme park (real) mixed with virtual tech, like lazer tag but on a more extreme level

Post September 2nd, 2011, 5:38 pm

Points on hand: 1,286.00 Points
I have no idea how they are going to pull this off. lol. I wonder if sex is allowed.

Post September 2nd, 2011, 6:15 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

This sounds freaking AWESOME!!!

I love high-concept parks.

Post September 2nd, 2011, 6:18 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
Originally posted by disaster249

I wonder if sex is allowed.

lmao

Post September 2nd, 2011, 9:39 pm

Points on hand: 559.00 Points
This park would be my dream come true... <(*o * )>

Post September 3rd, 2011, 8:59 am

if it comes to fl.. im so getting a job :) at this park

Post September 3rd, 2011, 10:26 am
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
^wish i lived in fl... and worked at theme parks...

Post September 3rd, 2011, 11:46 am

Originally posted by TheArchitect

^wish i lived in fl... and worked at theme parks...

then why dont you move here and get a visa or whatever you need to work here.. [peakhill]

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!