Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! World's Tallest Drop Tower Announced at Skyplex for 2016!

World's Tallest Drop Tower Announced at Skyplex for 2016!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Whats with the Intamin hate. If anything it would open earlier.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
CoasterGuy2000 wrote:

Then break down in its first week of operation and be delayed for another 3 months while they try to fix something.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Paradox wrote:
CoasterGuy2000 wrote:

Then break down in its first week of operation and be delayed for another 3 months while they try to fix something.

Don't like it but it is true!

Why does everyone hate on Intamin. The only reason their rides go down are because they innovate EVERYTHING. When they build there rides with proven equipment like wicked twister or Balder. The only rides that go down or are delayed are rides like Maverick and Intimidator that have issues that are impossible to predict. If B&M tried doing what intamin does there is no way they would keep their reputation. All their rides are using equipment that's been around since the 80's!(Minus Thunderbird of course, we don;t know if that worked yet though.) And if Intamin was so unreliable as people say. they wouldn't be in business still. Companies know that they always go above and beyond expectations and get the most return on your investment.

Rant over, I'll bet anyone five bucks that Intamin won't be the reason for the delays this will inevitably have.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
I'm sorry I led you to make that rant. I was simply making a joke and I agree with everything that you said.

What people don't realize is that the park bought a prototype which means that problems are extremely likely.

I miss Intamin and I wish they would do more in the U.S.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
CoasterGuy2000 wrote:
Why does everyone hate on Intamin. The only reason their rides go down are because they innovate EVERYTHING. When they build there rides with proven equipment like wicked twister or Balder. The only rides that go down or are delayed are rides like Maverick and Intimidator that have issues that are impossible to predict. If B&M tried doing what intamin does there is no way they would keep their reputation. All their rides are using equipment that's been around since the 80's!(Minus Thunderbird of course, we don;t know if that worked yet though.) And if Intamin was so unreliable as people say. they wouldn't be in business still. Companies know that they always go above and beyond expectations and get the most return on your investment.

Rant over, I'll bet anyone five bucks that Intamin won't be the reason for the delays this will inevitably have.

Oh I'm not hating on them, they have the best coasters in the world for a reason, but it comes at a cost, both money wise and mechanically.

Aren't intamins generally cheaper than other manufacturers? Anyway I don't think the drop tower should have many problems given that its just slightly taller than Zumanjaro and it's not in New Jersey. The lift hill may have some problems if they keep the weird cable lift hill though. I can't wait to see what kind of trains they use, they'll probably need a whole new design to work with the tight radius' of the old design.

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
CoasterGuy2000 wrote:
Aren't intamins generally cheaper than other manufacturers? Anyway I don't think the drop tower should have many problems given that its just slightly taller than Zumanjaro and it's not in New Jersey. The lift hill may have some problems if they keep the weird cable lift hill though. I can't wait to see what kind of trains they use, they'll probably need a whole new design to work with the tight radius' of the old design.

the cost adds up after rides closing due to difficulty and to delayed opening and even them having to redesign the ride after they finish it hint maverick and I305

I'm guessing they don't charge parks for fixing their mistakes. The only money they could loose is from not drawing as many people at opening.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
CoasterGuy2000 wrote:
I'm guessing they don't charge parks for fixing their mistakes. The only money they could loose is from not drawing as many people at opening.

Indeed - the problem within all of construction is determining what is a design mistake (by the designer - designer foots the bill) and what is a design change (requested from the client - client foots the bill). Of course that's assuming a target cost contract (most likely) - I really don't think its worth going into types on contract in this topic though!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!