Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Project Manteesha (Uploaded to the Exchange) pg. 4

Project Manteesha (Uploaded to the Exchange) pg. 4

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Download link on page 4!
Last edited by Coasterkidmwm on March 9th, 2015, 9:19 am, edited 10 times in total.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 18th, 2014, 1:20 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Shaping looks really good for the dive loops - I was making a dragon khan esque ride in NL1 so I've spent a tonne of time looking at them haha. Like the look of the drop too!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post September 18th, 2014, 2:03 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,838.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Even CKMWM is making NL2 tracks right now... damn, I need to pull my finger out and work on the 30 or so NL2 projects I started :lol:

Looks good so far anyway, looks spot on shaping-wise.
The rest of the layout going to be a mash of Mantis and Riddler's Revenge?

Post September 18th, 2014, 6:41 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
To me, your drop shaping looks too circular at the top, and too straight for the middle portion. I suggest making the drop more parabolic...a long leadout is ok (see Green Lantern/Chang) and a steeper drop is ok too like Mantis, but I also wouldn't go past 0G on a standup. Haven't seen any force graphs, but personal experience on a few of them plus what I've seen in videos leads me to believe they don't have anything more than floater air.

Though I've ridden it, Mantis I'm not as familiar with...I'm sure you know whether you actually press up against the harnesses on the first drop or MCBR drop, but I know Green Lantern never exceeds 0...I'd argue it only approaches that mark on its respective drops. Mantis is more intense all around, though. Thoughts?

Post September 18th, 2014, 8:25 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

It probably has something barely beyond 0G's. It wouldn't surprise me if 0G's in the back was a "target" when they were designing it. We used to lift our legs up on the drop so you could float the whole way down.

As far as the drop shaping goes, eh I think it'll live. It did what the depumper tool decided it should do lol. I won't e surprised when I try and make an inclined loop and it ends up all kinds of wrong. The G's are fine as long as you don't try and "slightly bend your knees" or any of the other stupid advice I'd hear people say in line all of the time. It's a standup coaster, not a "slightly bend your knees" or a "lean with your feet against the front" coaster, the concept is not difficult and you get no sympathy from me unless you're like really tall and it's actually a problem you can't help. All parks need a standup, they're a good natural selection ride. Too stupid to listen and it hurts you.

Post September 18th, 2014, 9:52 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
All your force thoughts sound reasonable. I think you know better than to let NL dictate anything itself when it comes to shaping lol, but it's up to you. It's not terrible as is, and some of the real standups have some odd drop shaping too. I really like the turn and twist into dive loop sequence though.

Post September 18th, 2014, 10:35 am
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
Looks awesome and its great to see you making a ride.

Manteesha?

Post September 18th, 2014, 11:08 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

TheArchitect wrote:
Looks awesome and its great to see you making a ride.

Manteesha?

Manteesha Marie Jackson

Post September 18th, 2014, 12:23 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
Its the best name since "emokiller"
What are these for?

Post September 18th, 2014, 1:06 pm

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
dcs221 wrote:
To me, your drop shaping looks too circular at the top, and too straight for the middle portion. I suggest making the drop more parabolic...a long leadout is ok (see Green Lantern/Chang) and a steeper drop is ok too like Mantis, but I also wouldn't go past 0G on a standup. Haven't seen any force graphs, but personal experience on a few of them plus what I've seen in videos leads me to believe they don't have anything more than floater air.

Though I've ridden it, Mantis I'm not as familiar with...I'm sure you know whether you actually press up against the harnesses on the first drop or MCBR drop, but I know Green Lantern never exceeds 0...I'd argue it only approaches that mark on its respective drops. Mantis is more intense all around, though. Thoughts?

If the goal was a recreation, it would be more circular

I'd say he's pretty close with the leadout as well.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
It's a standup coaster, not a "slightly bend your knees" or a "lean with your feet against the front" coaster, the concept is not difficult and you get no sympathy from me unless you're like really tall and it's actually a problem you can't help. All parks need a standup, they're a good natural selection ride. Too stupid to listen and it hurts you.

A lot of people with thicker thighs have to curve their legs to fit in the train so to stand properly they end up bow-legged and its horrible to ride like that. Especially in the middle two seats. People try to do what they can to not make it hurt as bad, especially after walking all day

Post September 18th, 2014, 1:47 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

CKidd wrote:
Its the best name since "emokiller"

Maybe I'll make her a sister named "Rapteesha", but I don't believe in the whole NL2 "parks" thing that seems to be the movement now.

Post September 18th, 2014, 3:02 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
not kill people

Not that big of a deal.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post September 18th, 2014, 3:17 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
This looks awesome. I love the dive loops and I've always been a huge fan of Mantis's drop sequence. However, I agree with DCS that the drop looks quite strange. If that's really what you want to go for, more power to you, but with your drop being that steep, it kind of looks like it plateaus a little bit.

If the goal was a recreation, it would be more circular

LuckyK.... *facepalm* Mantis's drop is not circular. It is, in fact, one of the least circular drops around. The leading into the pull-up is insanely drawn out. It's clothoid as f***.

http://www.unc.edu/~dscanipe/Ohiovacation/CPForce3.jpg

Post September 18th, 2014, 5:25 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

What in hell camera did you use to take that picture. It's worse than a polaraid that's starting to go.

Post September 18th, 2014, 6:23 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Haha I didn't take it, I found it. Astonishingly, there are basically no good pictures from the side of Mantis's drop. That was the best example I could find.

Post September 18th, 2014, 7:18 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

^I hate when that happens. Especially when I'm trying to recreate a coaster's style and I can't find the correct angle.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post September 18th, 2014, 9:52 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

GerstlCrazy wrote:
Haha I didn't take it, I found it.

Sorry I just assumed it was something god awful like an iPad with instagram added on top and wanted to confirm my suspicions.

EDIT: Also thanks to everyone who noticed the drop (because I didn't). I backed it up gradually a bit around 20 "units" (whatever distance my arrow keys are) and it mostly looks the same while now pulling -0.1 G's in the back.

Post September 20th, 2014, 2:08 pm
Paradox User avatar

Will we see a Rougareesha? or a Maverkeesha? or a TopThrillKeesha?
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post September 20th, 2014, 3:37 pm

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
Paradox wrote:
Will we see a Rougareesha? or a Maverkeesha? or a TopThrillKeesha?

You're doing it wrong.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy
Cool! The name is Fly Over Rainforest?
I was under the impression the name was Green Coaster Goes Fast Goes High Has Clockwise Loop Has Straight Upside Down Four Seats Two On Each Side Fast Coaster?

Post September 20th, 2014, 4:21 pm
Paradox User avatar

I meant Maverteesha and TopThrillTeesha and Rougarteesha. I started thinking about Sharkeisha and got the "k" in my head. :lol:
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post September 20th, 2014, 6:07 pm

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
Paradox wrote:
I meant Maverteesha and TopThrillTeesha and Rougarteesha. I started thinking about Sharkeisha and got the "k" in my head. :lol:

Still doing it wrong.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy
Cool! The name is Fly Over Rainforest?
I was under the impression the name was Green Coaster Goes Fast Goes High Has Clockwise Loop Has Straight Upside Down Four Seats Two On Each Side Fast Coaster?

Post September 20th, 2014, 8:02 pm

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Twisty semi-floater squiggle turn thing

Best description of a coaster element yet

Post September 22nd, 2014, 4:31 am

Points on hand: 421.00 Points
This is looking pretty good and I am interested to see what it's going to become. I really like the beginning!
CoasterJed...Coasting for a while...

Post September 23rd, 2014, 11:29 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Post September 23rd, 2014, 11:51 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

9/23 Update!

Fixed/Improved:
1. Dive loops enter at a less steep angle (still think I need to adjust the first one a bit more, but I don't want to tinker to the breaking point)
2. First drop pulls zero G's in the back row. Managed to do that without compromising on drop steepness much
3. Added (slightly) overbanked turn
4. Added inclined loop
5. Various minor pumping tweaks

The inclined loop is a tad more circular than I'd like it to be (depumper tool tends to send things in a more circular direction), and the overbank looks a little bit weak because it is. I need G killing sections, and I think the overbank works well for this. I would like to make it a tad more parabolic though because it feels a bit too circular now. Adding more vertices for more control may fix that right up though. I'll fidget more with the inclined loop when I can but it may get left alone as-is because speaking politely they're hard as hell. I plan on adding some kind of turnaround thing after the inclined loop but I'm debating just heading right into the MCBR instead because I'm already doing much more than Riddler before the MCBR and I don't want to drag the ride out.

I promise I'll make the colors different at some point lol but I like them too much. Image links below in case my embedding fails.
http://i.imgur.com/aapwJ6O.png
http://i.imgur.com/7zsAeSM.png

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area