Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 The one and only NoLimits 2 Topic

The one and only NoLimits 2 Topic

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post March 23rd, 2008, 12:09 pm

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

god dam u! lol, u reply make this thread active again and i think theres more news, whats the point replying like a month later!

Post March 23rd, 2008, 10:52 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Post March 24th, 2008, 5:27 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
[lol][lol][lol]

I thought I had read this topic before.....

Post April 30th, 2008, 10:58 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Monthly News for April is up!

Another month passed way too fast. I am almost working at full strength now, but again it felt to me like I was making no progress at all. Within the last couple of weeks I was almost entirely doing experimental stuff and working on tools that will help to speed up development time in the near future. All of these tools have absolutely nothing to do with neither coasters nor simulations, so I do not want to bore you with details. To give you an idea anyway, one of the tools is for helping developing vertex and pixel shaders. One important feature of the NoLimits' new engine is the new terrain and I already spent months on it. The terrain engine makes heavy use of vertex and pixel shaders to allow for multiple texture layers, high detail levels, larger building areas and improved water reflection and refraction effects. I will use vertex and pixel shader effects for other stuff like shadows and dynamic lighting, too. Programming those shader programs is an error-prone task and takes a lot of time in general, hopefully the new tools will help. Maybe next month I will show screenshots of the new terrain, it looks pretty amazing. Speaking of shaders, the hardware requirements for NoLimits 2 will be higher than for NL1, but this should be no surprise. I am not really targetting the latest hardware, because I prefer if my software is performing well even on older machines and portable computers, but a more or less up-to-date graphics card is available on most computers nowadays anyway, so this should not be an issue at all. Last year, I was experimenting on a Linux port of NL1, but I decided to instead focus on NL2. I realized that the amount of work for a complete Linux port would be much higher than for the Mac port. I guess a Linux version of NL1 makes no sense at all at this point and would be a waste of time, so I stopped the work on the Linux port. [ol]

Looks like our big prayers for terrains will be answered! Larger maps, higher detail, more textures, even better water.

Possible screen shots next month! [:D]

Thanks Ole!

Post May 1st, 2008, 10:24 am

yeah, i cant wait to see how the water will look better :P

Maybe hopefully ill get my *responsive* water that ripples when a train goes past

*wishes*
Rarwh

Post May 1st, 2008, 10:47 am

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
sounds good, i hope it will support animated textures too
Cradled by two loving arms that I'd die for,
One little kiss and Felina goodbye.

Post May 6th, 2008, 12:00 pm

I was just thinking on my way home.., about the first update that Ole Posted
Nl 2 will include a track packer/unpacker
Rarwh

Post May 6th, 2008, 1:40 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
i want a more presize terrain editor to make decent trenches(tunnels)

Post May 6th, 2008, 1:54 pm

Points on hand: 2,481.00 Points

nice, sounds like the terrain will be really cool!!! [:D]
Founder of the (Un-Official) Site Welcoming Crew --- I'M CUCKOO FOR COASTERCRAZY!!!

Post May 6th, 2008, 2:01 pm

Originally posted by hyyyper

i want a more presize terrain editor to make decent trenches(tunnels)

You can increase the the number of nodes in the terrain editor, *the resolution* which can make smoother terrains and more realistic terrain, which should some *decent trenches*
Rarwh

Post May 6th, 2008, 3:53 pm

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
it would be helpful to have a de-pumper or auto smoother, something that detects bumps in the track, finds red Gs or perhaps Gs that go higher than a custom G parameter and corrects it, as in if you have set the highest G for 4, and perhaps it goes up to say 4.5, a built in tool could correct it, if you wanted it to of course. or perhaps instead of a tool the sorts those things out, perhaps something like the heart line display that shows on a colour scale what kind of Gs there are, such as red for high Gs, yellow for just about acceptable Gs and green for fine, also perhaps something that makes pumps obvious, so that you know what to work on, i know it's a asking for a lot, but just a couple ideas for you to take on board perhaps?
Cradled by two loving arms that I'd die for,
One little kiss and Felina goodbye.

Post May 6th, 2008, 3:59 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Dude, there is an auto smoother included already! Haha, go to edit and click smooth, or just press ctrl + G.

Post May 9th, 2008, 3:27 am

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
I'm happy to hear news! I'm looking forward to this game, it'll the best coaster game ever I think.

Post May 30th, 2008, 8:44 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Looks good, great work and happy to hear that progress is slowly coming along.

Post May 30th, 2008, 11:24 pm

Points on hand: 1,495.00 Points
Wow the new terrain looks really cool. It is going to be interesting what people will do with the new terrain and their coasters!

Post May 31st, 2008, 12:06 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I wonder when the next 1.x update will be out. I'm not even going to begin to sit around and wait for NL2.0.

I like the terrain.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post May 31st, 2008, 3:18 am

Hmmmmm

Im gonna wait to jump and whoop. Scrolling down to the new mine train pics, i was more impressed with the terrain in those pics

However, kodos for incremented terrain detail (number of ploygons), the shape is starting to look good, im sure it can be improved on, ... its not TombRaider Legend material yet...

((Yes i can compare, im sure he will charge us in the range of $25-35, and i payed 20-25 quid for TR-L and most games within the last year, NL2 has been in development for more than 2 years yeah? thats about the production time for a reasonably good game))

edit: However!! i just noticed that the terrain is auto-genned for the terrain steepness, as well as proximity to the water for different textures.

Ps... and thats the *grass* stuff, it looks like someone sneesed green snot. That better not be auto-gened. NL1.7 *grass* is still so much nicer, but being early stages yet, im still looking forward to what Ole can bring us
Rarwh

Post May 31st, 2008, 1:38 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Meh ... more terrain stuff? Booooooooo ....

Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post May 31st, 2008, 1:41 pm

Post May 31st, 2008, 1:50 pm

Originally posted by Cade

be thankful for what they are doing!
[sarcasm]

Yes, you are absolutely right. Thank you for correcting me and telling me that I do not deserve to have an opinion after playing the game for almost 8 years; as well as running my own coaster site based on the game itself.

[/sarcasm]

Gnat ...

Post May 31st, 2008, 1:54 pm

[sarcasm]

My fault, sorry sir! let me bow down and kiss your feet.

[sarcasm]

you can have an opinion but i was just saying, it is something better then what we got now!
Is now 15!

RIP Wildcatter, 1982-2007.

Post May 31st, 2008, 1:57 pm

Thank you for missing my point.

Post May 31st, 2008, 1:59 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Let's all bicker...
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post May 31st, 2008, 2:01 pm

Nah, I never enjoy a battle of wits with someone so obviously vulnerable.

[lol] at changing your last word, tie.

I am merely saying: does ANYONE ever really look at the scenary as it is whizzing by? No. So all the work on making the ground and water more realistic could be focused on (for example) the polygon formulas so we would stop having "stop-sign" shaped wheels on trains (for example ....).

PreviousNext

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2