Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! 2007 Cedar Point Addition?

2007 Cedar Point Addition?

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post March 18th, 2006, 11:51 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

Post March 19th, 2006, 12:18 am

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

the new too market coaster idea could go well. it would be amazing to see a robocoaster or a coasterball.
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Post March 19th, 2006, 6:08 am

Points on hand: 1,966.00 Points
Meh, I think it's to big for a robocoaster. If they are placing footers at the moment, it'll probably be something big, and a robocoaster doesn't really need to be big I think beaucause you already have enough possibilities with the ride experience.
If it's a new coaster style, that would be great. Then I hope it's spectacular enough but, it probably WILL be specatular :)
A eurofighter, wel, to be honest, I dont see a eurofighter with an imens height coming. Could you imagin, a lifht hill straight up 60 meters (196.85feet). Than such a large drop. then I think the tracktype wouldn't be very great, it would look kinda unrealistic...

Post March 23rd, 2006, 6:13 am

Points on hand: 4,463.00 Points

Not sure if anything was said on this, but the lastest rumor floating around is that CP is building a Arrow 4D coaster, slightly taller then X.

Post March 23rd, 2006, 8:36 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

That's been specualted earlier in this thread, along with the posibilites of a Beemer 4d.

Post March 23rd, 2006, 10:19 am
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

^I know that I'd really like to see that... anyone else?

BTW I'm working at Cedar Point for the summer, starting on May 6, so I'll be sure to check out the construction site with my camera and see if any defining features of coasters start appearing.

Post March 23rd, 2006, 10:27 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Let me know what ride or where with your name and Ill meet up with you at various times over the summer to say hi or if you are off a day, ride some rides.

I should still be getting a season pass but wont be going the 30+ times I used too [:P] Probably cut that in half which is still alot but I need a second job and such.

Post March 23rd, 2006, 11:18 am
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

^I'm working at the pretzel stand under the skyride's north station.

Post March 23rd, 2006, 11:35 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
i hope they build something with your 'area of expertise' in it

Post March 28th, 2006, 11:59 am

Points on hand: 829.00 Points

Post March 28th, 2006, 2:38 pm

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
i doubt it, it will be a pretzel theme coaster they are not that crazy to theme a coaster like a pretzel theme. But if they put a pretzel loop in it it will be cool.

Post April 22nd, 2006, 9:52 pm

I went to cedar point today to get my season pass (NO LINE!!) and I had to drive down by WWL old site to see whats going on and I got some pics. Holes and footers is all I saw and a very good shot of Skyhawk, but I didnt post that but here are several pics...

Image Insert:
23.75 KB

Image Insert:
24.38 KB

Image Insert:
22.92 KB

Image Insert:
19.89 KB
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August

Post April 22nd, 2006, 10:12 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Does not look like 4D footers.... but maybe w/e it is, it'll have really good theming or something, which is why they would be starting now so that way they can have the ride finished in may or april next year, or whenever it is that the park opens.

Post April 22nd, 2006, 10:20 pm

It opens May 6th this year and probably May 5th next year. I think it will be a B&M Flyer
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August

Post April 22nd, 2006, 10:30 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Post April 22nd, 2006, 10:30 pm

Points on hand: 1,700.00 Points
With the exception of the past couple years, Cp and SFMM have done the same ride type as the other. This would lead me to think a BM flyer bigger than Tatsu (but without the terrain interaction[V]).

And whats with the word on a BM 4D? When did that come about?

Ps: sorry if that question was already asked[:)]

Post April 23rd, 2006, 12:32 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

^ I just don't see a B&M flyer being bigger than Tatsu, as it is, the pretzle loop is already rediculously huge, and anything larger would just be ludicrous in that it would probably destroy the look of the area it would be in. Not to mention I don't think they'll build the drop on the flyer to go much higher than 120` max, probably just because they might feel the pull out is to much. So maybe it's a flyer that they think will be bigger than Tatsu, but I'd think it would be more likely that CP got a 4D with good capacity.(which is probably not likely as well)

Post April 23rd, 2006, 12:34 am

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
Its interesting on how much bigger this ride area was than previously expected. The supports definatly arn't for a 4D but i'm not so sure of a flying coaster either..unless theres a segment where you are lying on your back in it.

I'm working Blue Streak this year so if they are transporting anything back there during the day, I'll probably notice it.

Post April 23rd, 2006, 1:45 am

There are quite a few footers there. The Untertaker U. is still there which means my new Midway + Coaster is idea is bombed, atleast for right now...

I still say it'll be Floorless, Anything else just seems unworthwhile to me... If they get a new big Floorless coaster that means the alveys will visit meaning I might be able to see them! In person!! Live!!!

I'll probably get a Ton of pictures of the WWL area when I visit, which will be viewed on my site. Then I can make a very accurate prediction of what will be Coming, because I know things... Until Track comes there's nothing to soil your self about.

Edit: Tatsu's Footer's look the exact same as the WWL footers...

Editt: Actually, a flyer might not be so bad. It might fit a frontier theme because of the 'flying machines' they tried to make.

Post April 23rd, 2006, 5:12 am

Points on hand: 895.00 Points

I wouldn't mind a floorless similar to Kraken, just minus 90% of the theming. I would like to see some underground tunnels though, they?????????re always so exciting to me.

Post April 23rd, 2006, 6:22 am

It's already been said that any type of tunnel wont happen due to the Waterline or something like that.
But a trench or something with concrete walls(with wood theming)would work nicely. It might flood though.
I still think it'll be floorless because even though the footers look flyer, It's just the start to what might come...

Some people think it'll be a water coaster. So, yeah.

Post April 23rd, 2006, 6:44 am

Points on hand: 895.00 Points

Wow, I never knew that. That kinda sucks considering underground tunnels rock. But the waterline thing does make quite a bit of sense, considering the pars IS a peninsula.

Post April 23rd, 2006, 4:02 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by Iman

With the exception of the past couple years, Cp and SFMM have done the same ride type as the other. This would lead me to think a BM flyer bigger than Tatsu (but without the terrain interaction[V]).

And whats with the word on a BM 4D? When did that come about?

Ps: sorry if that question was already asked[:)]

How does Tatsu have terrain interaction? Sure, it "uses" the terrain but I dont think flying 20ft above the tree line is actually "Terrain interaction". Its more of "effective use of topography".

I agree, Hot Dog stand.

Post April 23rd, 2006, 8:01 pm

Well, I think that because Tatsu is high above the ground most of the time, it'll feel like your Flying. I mean, when you fly in you dreams, are you ever close to the ground?

Post April 23rd, 2006, 8:22 pm

One thing that throws me off is why are they starting so early? If it is a floorless coaster or flying coaster than it could open this year but if it is a record breaking coaster as in height or legnth, highly doubtful in area, then it could take a year.
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!