Board index Public Relations Contests 2016 CoasterCrazy No Limits 2 Tournament! RESULTS POSTED

2016 CoasterCrazy No Limits 2 Tournament! RESULTS POSTED

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Points on hand: 3,032.00 Points

I actually finished somehow! :D Here it is. No scenery however :cry:
screenshot-2016-06-15-22-33-47.png
An Alton Towers Fan Boy
Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbHmndz2yjt_x0v6hSiouAQ

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

afro85 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 81.00 Points
Bank: 26,937.70 Points
@CG Coasters
That triplets looks insane!!! Makes me wanna ride it!!!

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
@The_Coaster_Team: B&M, Intamin, and Mack/Maurer, they coexist in the photo! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 609.00 Points

afro85 wrote:
@CG Coasters
That triplets looks insane!!! Makes me wanna ride it!!!

Thank you very much!
it is I, your average at best hand builder, Chase
Goldensnake1 wrote:
Banned for agreeing with CG Coasters.

You guys! Good luck! :)

Points on hand: 1,642.00 Points

I think I am on the last place, because I didn't finish my coaster. :D I am so stupid :D

^ Props to you in the final round! :)

Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points

Just a little update, results will be posted on Wednesday!
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

*already constant scream increases in volume*
Goldensnake1 wrote:

^^ *clap hands* :)

Blase Rhine User avatar

Sadly due to one of our judges being out of town and him not having internet we are pushing back the results another day... We apologize for making you all wait so long! The submissions are extremely complex to judge as we have a tight criteria that we are using for each design. However, tomorrow you all find out if you have won a coaster wheel or not! good luck!

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
#KyleFuckedUp
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,552.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Kyle isn't even part of round 3 but sure #KyleFuckedUp
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
#TristenFuckedUp?
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Results drought 2k16. I'm at a constant, full-body tremble at this point; relieve me of these nerves!
Goldensnake1 wrote:

Blase Rhine User avatar

Well for the moment you all have been waiting for! Here are the Final Results! Sadly due to some conflicting issues we were only able to have 2 judges for this round, rcking04 being one of the 2 judges... With that said all submissions were absolutely amazing and I couldn't have been happier to host this years tournament! You all did a great job and should be very proud of yourself with what all you have had to overcome! ~Blase Rhine

RESULTS
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

CoasterMac:

Judge 1:
These coasters were well-made! Everything flowed for the most part, and the support work was top notch albeit a jungle of tubes at times. - 9
Green ??? This coaster only really interacted with the others in two spots of significance, while the others were interacting quite spectacularly. The boring, sprawling layout offered nothing outside of some terrain maneuvering. It was a bit of a cop-out to include a second launch just for the ride to actually hit the final brake run. The second launch offered nothing different for the ride. ??? 4
Mack ??? This was excellent! It got off to a fun start with the pre-launch inversion, and the ride never once let up from there! The tower top hat really didn???t do much for me though. I think you could have better supported the two coasters using a single support structure rather than two separate towers ??? 9
Invert ??? So, now that I know now that one of the coasters has to launch upside-down, that changes this to something better! Congrats here! The only major complaint I have here is the top hat. Everything else with this was fantastic! - 9
Flying ??? It???s functional, it flows pretty well, and it is nowhere near around any of the other rides until after the launch. It???s the odd one out who later joins the gang and then continues on after all the others have already ended! The launch didn???t really offer much other than to make the ride visible from the horizon and stand out. Nothing really wrong here, but I just am perplexed in that design idea. - 8
Overall, this was a solid entry, with 3 out of 4 coasters working well with each other to create a unique experience. If only the green coaster had had a better layout or something that made it stand out as well with the others, I???d have almost trivial complaints only. - 8
Score: 8.17

Judge 2:
Overall this was an outstanding and solid submission. I enjoyed how you challenged yourself and had 4 coasters. However there were some flaws in your track work. Your flying coaster seemed to just drag on in some places and I feel like you could have incorporated a better design into the ride type. The other coasters were very well thought out and I absolutely loved the inverted launch on your intamin invert... It was truly fantastic and the layout was superb. Overall you met all requirements. Great job.
Score 8.5

Combined Score: 8.335
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Coaster Team:

Judge 1:
I was a bit confused by the design choices for this. The X-car support structure for the lift hill was poorly done if even attempted. On top of that, you utilize a 1st gen Intamin mega with it. It???s not exactly a likely chance you would ever see that ever. The Intamin didn???t have an MCBR, a feature that actually didn???t really serve any purpose actually anyway. Support work for the X-car was very flimsy at times as well. - 6
X-car ??? The ride itself does look pretty fun! You utilize some of the famous elements they???re known for. The lift hill though was a poor design choice. You could have easily made that a launch instead, which would have balanced the two different lift hills of the others. The final 0 G roll did not look anything like you???d see on similar X-car coasters. It stood out like a complete sore thumb. ??? 5
B&M ??? Pretty solid design overall! I don???t think the MCBR was necessary for this or the X-car, but other than that, this had a pretty fun layout. It did appear a bit sprawling towards the end with these large radius turns and what not. ??? 8
Intamin ??? I like 1st gen megas a lot! They???re the OG Intamins! However, I don???t think it was the right for this with a modern X-car coaster interacting with it. Weird generational difference there. The layout for it was a little poorly executed. I definitely think you could have fitted that ride closed with the others, especially at that large low turnaround in the middle of nowhere. ??? 7
Overall, this was fun to watch at some parts! You nailed the first major interaction with these rides, and the second one was almost as perfect. However, the X-car with a 1st gen Intamin mega really contrasted each other, and all three coasters seemed to suffer from a lack of convincing finales as if you just sort of winged it. ??? 6
Score: 6.22

Judge 2:
I was super excited to judge this submission when I opened the park up only to find a few major flaws... Mainly your coasters dueled and the names conveyed the appropriate theme however I feel like you missed the technical mark in this submission and it felt a tad bit rushed. Your support work was great until it was examined further. There was a support clipping on the x car and sadly this lowered your score. It was a great idea and I would love to see this turned into something bigger and released in the future. Overall you met all requirements. Great job!
Score: 7.95

Combined Score: 7.085
Fire, Ice, Lightning:

Judge 1:
Pretty great ride! 3 completely different ride experiences! The only issue really I have with this is the glaring differences between ride length/time on top of the drawn out solo sections of these rides. Also, MAJOR NO-NO for the second launch of lightning. That doesn???t work. Bad. - 7
Fire ??? It???s the same inversion over and over again! Major Volcano inspiration, but it doesn???t make for an exciting ride layout. Still enjoyed it nevertheless! ??? 8
Ice ??? Simple and straightforward Mack mega, though I don???t quite think you???re going to be getting any good airtime in the end, thus making for a pretty dull experience to cancel out the exciting first part full of interactions! ??? 7
Lightning ??? Minus the glaring issue I have with the 2nd launch, this was a fun ride! It offers a completely different experience than the other 2 coasters with constant high-speed (even though you cheated that slightly). Of the 3 coasters here, this was my favorite! ??? 7
Overall, you picked three widely different ride-types, and had you executed them all together a little better, this would have turned out even better. ??? 7
Score: 7.11

Judge 2:
First thing I have to say is wow! This was definitely an amazing and very thought out submission. I loved the difference in each ride and each layout felt though out. Your execution and trackwork was superb as usual and you definitely set a name for yourself as a top contender in this tournament. Overall you met all requirements. Great job!

Score: 9.25

Combined Score: 8.18

Apollo and Daphne:

Judge 1:
This was a marvel to watch! It tells a great story through the interactions as well as the little cue signs. The only issues I have are the launch section of the B&M being added to the ride as well as the tight radii with the 4D coaster in parts. ??? 9
Apollo ??? This was the worst of the three. After such an amazing opening, the ride just peters out into slow, snaking turns. No more inversions or exciting moments. The lack of a convincing finish just takes away from the whole first part of the ride. ??? 6
Daphne ??? This was amazing! This launched coaster was doing something every second, and it was obvious that the center of attention was on this ride. The interaction with the 4D coaster was fresh each time. I just wish there was a little more after the tree because you have all that speed going into the brake run and almost little interaction with Landon as well. ??? 9
Landon ??? This was underwhelming to say the least. You could have had a moment where this ride ???helps??? Daphne, but rather just lets a sign do it while the train is nowhere in sight. I didn???t like the launch added here. Just felt like a cop-out to gain more speed only to be trimmed a few seconds later anyway. I???m going to assume this ride is /not/ supposed to interact with the other two directly until later with the whole father/son thing and protecting someone, etc. etc... ??? 7
Originally, this was the best of the all the participants. You told a fantastic story, and you utilized scenery to a great detail as well! Daphne was really the only coaster that interacted with the scenery more, but that???s probably because this story was mainly about her. ??? 10
Score: 8.78

Judge 2:
Now, here is a submission that hit every single mark. Your coasters were very thought out and I absolutely loved the story behind each ride. Daphne was absolutely stunning and it felt very "new" to the style which I loved. Apollo was very good however there were a few technical issues in your trackwork especially the second half... It was decent but nothing exciting... just felt like it was dragging on. I had high hopes for Landon but was sadly let down... It was a great ride dont get me wrong but I was left with wanting more from it and it didnt really deliver... All three coasters dueled beautifully and I was very excited to judge this submission. Overall your submission met all requirements. Great job!

Score: 9.2

Combined: 8.99

So with that said who is the winner of the 2016 No Limits 2 Tournament!?

CG Coasters!

A huge congratulations for winning this years NL2 Tournament! Please contact us at contests@nolimitscoaster2.com with your name and address so that we can send you your prize!

As for everyone else, congratulations on making it so far! You all did amazing and I personally cant wait to see what all you create in the future! Till next time!

-Blase Rhine

Sweet Mother Teresa on the hood of a mercedes benz, I won! Thanks, to the judges for organizing this ... and you saw the rest of my acceptance speech on NLE ;) I'm feel very honored to have won this gigantic thing that seemed so impossibly huge at the start!
Goldensnake1 wrote:

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

WINNAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats bro, you lasted throughout the entire thing D:

I shall be mailing out the Uremet roller coaster wheel as soon as possible. I must have the plaque with your info made and it'll be sent on out! Congrats!!!!

Congrats to everyone else who participated. We may have something in store for you who participated! I do apologize for the number of delays that went on and what not. We shall work on that so it doesn't happen again and we have a smoother flow in the tournament next year. Feel free to recommend prizes for next year!

Thank you :D

-Oscar
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
Hope my rates were well received! I was a bit last minute here!
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Points on hand: 3,032.00 Points

Well done CG! :D tbh I don't think I will upload my submission because it is pretty embarrassing and the work needed to make it better is far too much. But well done to everyone else. :D
An Alton Towers Fan Boy
Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbHmndz2yjt_x0v6hSiouAQ

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
The_Coaster_Team wrote:
Well done CG! :D tbh I don't think I will upload my submission because it is pretty embarrassing and the work needed to make it better is far too much. But well done to everyone else. :D

just upload it :P just so we can see what you did ...

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Congratulations to all the participants and CG for winning the coveted coaster wheel :D
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
UPDATE:

Ratings Curveball!

You'll notice that there's only 2 sets of ratings above, and the third set (which will be posted right here, right now) changes a few things.

The_Coaster_Team: 6.5(supports)----->6.89(overall)

jpaufsc: 8(supports)----->8.12(overall)

CoasterMac305: 7.5(supports)----->8.056(overall)

Superchecker22: DQ

CG coasters: 8.75(supports)----->8.91(overall)

This shifts the standings so they now look like this:

1. CG coasters (8.91)
2. jpaufsc (8.12)
3. CoasterMac305 (8.056)
4. The_Coaster_Team (6.89)
5. Superchecker22 (DQ)

These are the final standings, and will not be changed after this. Thank you to all who participated, and thank you all for your patience.

-Meta
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

PreviousNext

Return to Contests