Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Amusement Park Pet Peeves

Amusement Park Pet Peeves

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post December 15th, 2016, 12:30 am

Points on hand: 4,563.00 Points
straightbanana wrote:
I have a job in my local amusement park (flat-ride op), and when its quiet the guests on the ride want to re-ride. However I am not allowed to do this because my boss made up some bullshit about the blood-circulation of the human body and people can get hurt if they don't get off the ride. I have to disappoint people every day on the job :/ .

A legit reason for it is record keeping. If the ride uses a turnstile to count riders, not allowing rerides keeps the rider count accurate. If you do something like use a handheld counter to physically count riders or just count and record the number of empty seats for each cycle, it doesn't apply.

Post December 17th, 2016, 6:00 am

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points
Dusso Janladde wrote:
straightbanana wrote:
I have a job in my local amusement park (flat-ride op), and when its quiet the guests on the ride want to re-ride. However I am not allowed to do this because my boss made up some bullshit about the blood-circulation of the human body and people can get hurt if they don't get off the ride. I have to disappoint people every day on the job :/ .

A legit reason for it is record keeping. If the ride uses a turnstile to count riders, not allowing rerides keeps the rider count accurate. If you do something like use a handheld counter to physically count riders or just count and record the number of empty seats for each cycle, it doesn't apply.

We don't have turnstiles at all!
Taron>Helix get mad

Post December 17th, 2016, 10:42 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Dusso Janladde wrote:
straightbanana wrote:

And then you get people like me who spin those turnstiles like crazy to add a few extra guests to the rider count. :lol:
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post December 17th, 2016, 11:46 am

Points on hand: 5,955.00 Points
^ Guilty of this
Ok but how desperate you have to be to voluntarily fly from another country to go to Thorpe?

Post December 20th, 2016, 5:14 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^^ Creative idea, kinda! :lol:
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post October 9th, 2017, 7:25 pm

Points on hand: 1,187.00 Points
- Cloned Coasters
- Line Jumpers
- People with Flash Pass who make the line obnoxiously long for low capacity rides simply because they shelled out 80$
- Six Flags America's dispatch times
- Extreme Stapling
- People cussing on roller coasters
- People with glasses who insist on holding them while riding
- El Toro's extremely skinny loading station
- Unclear Amusement Park Maps

Post October 9th, 2017, 10:29 pm

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
smartguy86 wrote:
- Extreme Stapling

This. Or on RMC's (or a similar seat and restraint design) when the extreme stapling happens because the control panel isn't giving the OK for that seat no matter how hard they push, and then it turns out that seat's sensor is glitched so you have to move to a different seat. Tho I understand they wanna play it safe. That happened one time on Storm Chaser. I can't imagine how sore I'd feel if I had to stay stapled how I was in that seat while going over the near-lethal-airtime double up and double down at the end.
Sorta related to the above, station gates that don't precisely line up with the coaster train's rows.

Post November 30th, 2017, 3:09 pm

- People who attempt to record videos even though they could look up better ones online
- When GP insists every wooden coaster is rickety and old
- When the GP think a coaster needs inversions to be thrilling

And the worst of them all...
A Seat with a single rider that the ride op didn't even TRY to fill while you are standing there waiting for the ride and thinking about how the throughput would be much better if they tried to find a single rider to put in the empty seat and thinking, "Hey, I could be sitting there right now!" That bugs me. I hate to see a coaster train leave the station with empty seats that could have easily been filled. Rant Over.

Post November 30th, 2017, 11:10 pm

Points on hand: 3,777.00 Points
Piece of crap parks that won't operate a coaster with more than one train on a crowded day. Looking at YOU, Kennywood.

Post December 1st, 2017, 5:17 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
^ Went to Hershey for their Xmas event this thanksgiving weekend, SDL had the busiest line I have ever seen it, and only train was being used, the other one wasn't on the storage track though so I assumed it was off for its maintenance
What are these for?

Post December 4th, 2017, 8:11 pm
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
Bins for guest items on coaster platforms. I know they're convenient for the guests but as a ride operator I don't like them because they slow down operations. People always take their sweet time putting their stuff away, and closing/opening bins takes up time as well.

Post December 5th, 2017, 6:29 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
VF15 wrote:
Bins for guest items on coaster platforms. I know they're convenient for the guests but as a ride operator I don't like them because they slow down operations. People always take their sweet time putting their stuff away, and closing/opening bins takes up time as well.

Pre-lockers are so much better in my opinion. Also Heide park has these cool turntable things on Flug where you put your stuff in a "locker" prior to boarding and collect it afterwards (system rotates the bin as necessary given the number of cars!)
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post December 6th, 2017, 7:08 am

mkingy wrote:
VF15 wrote:

Pre-lockers are so much better in my opinion. Also Heide park has these cool turntable things on Flug where you put your stuff in a "locker" prior to boarding and collect it afterwards (system rotates the bin as necessary given the number of cars!)

That fine, but it annoys me when Six Flags makes people pay for lockers without having bins in the platform

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions