Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Boomerang at Knott's Berry Farm to Close April 23rd!

Boomerang at Knott's Berry Farm to Close April 23rd!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 3,266.00 Points
Looks like a tight fit up against the Sky Tower, but I think it could work. This would be great!
Lightning Rod|Intimidator 305|Fury 325|Twisted Timbers|Storm Chaser|Wicked Cyclone|Skyrush|Maverick|El Toro|Voyage

Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,282.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
CoasterMac305 wrote:
Looks like a tight fit up against the Sky Tower, but I think it could work. This would be great!

technically it could be moved back further from the tower as riptide is being removed as well
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Points on hand: 5,955.00 Points
Metazoanhaddock wrote:
technically it could be moved back further from the tower as riptide has been removed as well

FTFY :lol:
Ok but how desperate you have to be to voluntarily fly from another country to go to Thorpe?

Points on hand: 238.00 Points
I can assure you it's not Kanonen, but it is perfect for Knott's. ;)

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Rip my guess :(
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
I can't say I'm really gonna miss Boomerang, since the coaster is such a popular clone, but I am kinda shocked their removing it. Now that all of you explain the area that will become available, I'm excited to see what's gonna happen :)
I never realized how much space was a available until now, they can really fit something nice there. I want giga, but how will they fit it? Dive coaster seems possible since Cedar Point recently put in a dive coaster, and cedar fair could use the success of that ride as a reference. 4 launch coasters does seem too much. A premier launch shuttle clone would suuuuuck. Please don't put one of those :/

Turbo User avatar

How dare you! Gimme ALL TEH LAUNCHES!

But seriously I hope it's a sizable ride. Another Pony Express would be a little.. idk meaningless for a park that size?
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
I'm also smelling another launch coaster . And since CF hasn't worked with Intamin in awhile, Mack makes sense.
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

If we got an American Helix/Blue Fire I'd be beyond ecstatic, I rode a Blue Fire clone in Dubai and I have to say it was pretty awesome.
Ok but how desperate you have to be to voluntarily fly from another country to go to Thorpe?

Turbo User avatar

not really enough room for those however I could see a smaller ride like Star Trek or a Big Dipper coming up

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
It's absolutely hilarious how much consideration you guys are putting into the possibility of Knott's wasting an opportunity by shipping a used coaster across the world only to be placed next to a more menacing version of the ride. It's been 13 years since Knott's built a major coaster and I doubt they will stoop down to the level of a hand me down. I'm hoping they will get something like a eurofighter.
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Whatever the hell replaces it will probably be better, and since it's such a common clone I don't really think this is that big a deal.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Well not necessarily, it could be another Mack family coaster, which would not be better
actually

Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

Would not surprise me if the SkyCabin went as well.

Most of the units produced in the 60s/70s are approaching the end of their service life.

If Cedar Fair purchased this ride, we should see it on the K1 next quarter as a capital expense.

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Whatever the hell replaces it will probably be better, and since it's such a common clone I don't really think this is that big a deal.

Anything is better than Boomerang.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Well... the new coaster that will come to where Boomerang was, should also make guests on Coast Rider happy!
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,110.00 Points

Points on hand: 1,123.00 Points
I don't understand why everyone is so convinced a new coaster will be confined to the Boomerang/Riptide spot. If Knott's wants to build something that goes out over paths, then they will. Could very easily be looking at another coaster with a Silver Bullet sized sprawl.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Connor_The_Colossus wrote:
I don't understand why everyone is so convinced a new coaster will be confined to the Boomerang/Riptide spot. If Knott's wants to build something that goes out over paths, then they will. Could very easily be looking at another coaster with a Silver Bullet sized sprawl.

Maybe they could make another B&M with a 45 degree drop.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Maybe use the dirt lot south of riptide on the other side of the pathway as well?
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Points on hand: 1,123.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Connor_The_Colossus wrote:

Maybe they could make another B&M with a 45 degree drop.

Is SB even that steep? Man that coaster was the perfect opportunity to pull a Great Bear and they didn't do it.

Turbo User avatar

I don't think it is lol.

EDIT: LOL absolutely not. See pic:

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

I didn't mind SB's first drop as much as I thought I would when I first rode it

Turbo User avatar

I LOVE Silver Bullets drop

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
gforce1994 said it best.

A big drop is a good drop.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!