Board index Public Relations Contests Cutback Coaster Contest - RESULTS POSTED

Cutback Coaster Contest - RESULTS POSTED

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Post July 20th, 2016, 2:12 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
(Maybe) final version uploaded. Station area now looks like this:

Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post July 21st, 2016, 8:24 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Clapping hands! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post July 21st, 2016, 12:56 pm
XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
Before I forget, here's the final version of my submission to dis contest:

http://www.coastercrazy.com/exchange/detail.php?track_id=21438
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

Post July 23rd, 2016, 3:07 am

Harts (Hats) off. :)

Post July 24th, 2016, 12:42 am

Points on hand: 1,319.00 Points
I know many people are still recovering from the 5HOP contest this morning, but I had to work so I finished up my entry for this contest instead haha. Download link below:

Download:
http://www.coastercrazy.com/21447/Synapse-CCC

Post July 24th, 2016, 7:25 am

Points on hand: 4,748.89 Points
Reminder that everyone's submissions are due by tonight at 11:59 PM
Mind Bender at SFOG is pretty great
Check out my WIP thread
Currently working on Thunderbolt, a second generation Schwarzkoph.

Post July 24th, 2016, 11:04 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
That looks like a giant air duct lol
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post July 24th, 2016, 11:13 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Nice ride! GL in the judging!

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post July 24th, 2016, 5:03 pm

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
I'm not going to have any more time to work on my ride, so I guess I'll submit it now. My ride is called Whirlpool, and it is a Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter. Like I mentioned previously, I self-imposed the constraint of designing something that could be a potential replacement for Knott's Berry Farm's Boomerang once it is removed. Now, here is your photo tour of the attraction:

Whirlpool 6.png
Riders enter Whirlpool from a plaza located under the overbanked turn. The queue is a relatively standard switchback queue, but it is located directly under the coaster's zero-g roll.

Whirlpool 12.png
To maximize efficiency, Whirlpool utilizes separate load and unload stations. Despite the absence of a MCBR, this allows a capacity of 720 riders per hour when all four cars are in operation.

Whirlpool 13.png
After a turnaround, riders ascend the 85 ft. vertical lift hill.

Whirlpool 2.png
The drop that follows is a beyond 80 ft. plunge.

Whirlpool 8.png
This leads into a loop...

Whirlpool 15.png
Followed by a high speed turnaround.

Whirlpool 1.png
After a zero-g roll, overbanked turn, and a couple airtime hills, riders go through the final element of Whirlpool, a cutback inversion threaded through the loop. Cars then hit the brakes and coast back into the station.

Overall, while it may not be the flashiest coaster out there, I do think it's a solid ride that serves as a good "first big coaster" for younger visitors and a unique thrill for older guests.

Good luck to everyone in this contest and I can't wait to see what the results end up being.

Download Link: http://www.coastercrazy.com/exchange/de ... k_id=21449
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Post July 24th, 2016, 9:33 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Anyone else?

Post July 26th, 2016, 9:34 am

The last photo is showing a cutback that looks like a tad knockoff. Not that I'm insulting your track shaping. Maybe because of a shot angle!

:lol: + Looks pretty fun! :)

Post July 27th, 2016, 11:16 am

Points on hand: 5,955.00 Points
MY SCORES

So me being on vacation meant judging was really stressful, but here are *my* final scores on all your marvelous cutbacks.

SYNAPSE - 9.1

I was not expecting such a good entry to be presented for this contest, but I was really impressed by this one. Now on the technical side, this ride was great! Thee were a few noticeable jitters on the cobra roll but that was about it. The coaster also has some very nice custom fins, and I especially liked how they were completely coherent throughout the ride, unlike the common "launch fins only and then the default ones on the mcbr and stuff" thing I see all too often. Really well done, congratulations on garnering the highest score IMO. This does not mean you completely win the contest though, as the other judges haven't even talked to me in a while. We'll need to see what they think before we determine any real winners.

WYVERN BLAZE - 8.9

Oh my god, slosprint I absolutely loved your entry! Trackwork was a bit iffy in some places but the amount of near misses that this ride possesses is amazeballs. The supporting especially amazed me, it was extremely well done. The surroundings were also well done as well, with all the fencing and the little mini-model of the ride. It was really great. I liked how the coaster veered over the pathways in certain places, and it surrounds the queue really really well. Something I especially fell in love with was how the cutbacks were incorperated, I really liked how that turned out. I liked the lights too, they add a nice touch.

BTW: Overall, I preferred the night version

WAVE RIDER - 6.75

This wasn't too good of an entry, if I'm to be completely honest with you. The supports weren't bad, actually, they were pretty good, but the trackwork really threw me off here. There were many pumps, a lot of wobbly banking and many little jolts in the track. It was a good try though, and I really like your choice to use the Infinity 2 trains and the layout is really nice.

HARTLINE STREET MOTORCYCLE DASH - 3

Noice meme tho
Last edited by Olmisery on August 1st, 2016, 12:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ok but how desperate you have to be to voluntarily fly from another country to go to Thorpe?

Post July 27th, 2016, 11:33 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

This is gonna be close :D

I'm a bit confused as to the score breakdown though, are you guys judging different aspects separately? I'd kind of like to know where the categories listed in the rules come in.

Post July 27th, 2016, 11:36 am

Meh, I just went ahead and judged every aspect because I'm on vacation, just woke up, and can't think that straight. Believe me when I say this though, it was a hard decision between you and JetStream
Ok but how desperate you have to be to voluntarily fly from another country to go to Thorpe?

Post July 27th, 2016, 1:41 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Noob you weren't supposed to release your scores until me, Devin, and you all finished.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post July 27th, 2016, 1:43 pm

Yet I wasn't informed of this, so therefore I did it anyways.

Also does it really matter? I mean, release your scores when ready and then we'll average them all out and determine a winner. Freakin' simple.

Post July 27th, 2016, 1:47 pm
Paradox User avatar

Olmisery wrote:
Yet I wasn't informed of this, so therefore I did it anyways.

Also does it really matter? I mean, release your scores when ready and then we'll average them all out and determine a winner. Freakin' simple.

cause ur a noob and I haven't seen Devin on skype in a couple days.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post July 28th, 2016, 12:17 am

Olmisery, thanks for the review and the kind words!! I can't wait to hear what the other judges have to say. And yeah, the wobble on the Cobra is purely because of the FVD++ exporting issue that was discussed earlier on the NLE forums... and I don't care about it that much hahaha. Glad you liked the ride though :)

Are these ratings going to go on the rides themselves? Because Synapse hasn't gotten a rating yet and now it's kinda buried lol :P

Post August 2nd, 2016, 12:47 am
XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

I'm disappointed in the description and rating of my coaster.
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200

Post August 2nd, 2016, 7:32 am
Paradox User avatar

Hey guys my results will be in a couple weeks due to my vacation atm. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I have ridden and begun the ratings for your tracks so maybe I will be able to get them out sooner.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post August 2nd, 2016, 7:09 pm
XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Yer review better not be half assed like Olmisery.

Post August 2nd, 2016, 9:52 pm

I didn't half ass it.

It was a noice meme.

But it wasn't what I was looking for in a contest submission. You ride was made intentionally kind of bad, and that's what makes you so... you! But here we were judging for realism, how well your trackwork was made, all that stuff. Your trackwork was again, intentionally kinda bad and as such it scored badly. The supports were mostly, if not all prefabs and the coaster style just did not work with the intensity your coaster was made with. The layout was made well, and I think it'd work as maybe an RMC or a very new gen Vekoma, ala Lech Coaster. I really liked your cutback inclusion and scenery as well. I hope this was a better review, I was just making a little joke in my results. Sorry about that .-.

PS: You wanted last place anyways, no? Wish granted? :lol:

Post August 3rd, 2016, 2:55 pm

^ Yeah, his ride concept is actually spectacular as long as that track doesn't get "unrealistically" wicked. :)

Post August 30th, 2016, 10:51 pm

So I hate to be that guy, and I'm really sorry for the bump, but any update on the final results for this contest?

Post August 30th, 2016, 11:29 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Guys, get a handle on this contest and finish it off. Do it quick.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

PreviousNext

Return to Contests