Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Lightning Rod: Launched RMC Coming to Dollywood!

Lightning Rod: Launched RMC Coming to Dollywood!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
dollywood-logo.jpg
dollywood-logo.jpg (42.86 KiB) Viewed 9987 times

Dollywood's President, Craig Ross, has released a statement saying that Dollywood will make a huge announcement next year about a major 2016 attraction that is described as, "one of the biggest single attraction additions in our 30-year history for 2016."

This makes me feel very optimistic that this could finally be a Giga or even a Strata coaster going into Dollywood, especially since Dollywood has been on a role adding many coasters over the last 10 years.

What do you all think? Let us know!

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
I'm not going with Giga or Strata as it would ruin that family feel they have.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

afro85 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 81.00 Points
Bank: 26,937.70 Points

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

It's time to go to Tennessee at all. (Never been there)

Usually when a company says something is their biggest investment, it doesn't fail to impress :)
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
What if it's a waterpark? Does this place have one? I'm too busy to google it.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^ Lol busy or lazy? And yes, they already have a waterpark.

I think Dollywood is family friendly but by the intense coasters like Wild Eagle and family coasters they have been adding in the last 10 years, I wouldn't be surprised if a Giga or Strata showed up.

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
Either a rmc or b&m not sure yet but those 2 are most likely

Points on hand: 173.00 Points
Uh..correct me if im wrong but isint TTD and Kingda Ka strata coasters? :shock: :shock:

Points on hand: 3,436.00 Points
Bank: 1,275.00 Points

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

MrBradferd wrote:
Uh..correct me if im wrong but isint TTD and Kingda Ka strata coasters? :shock: :shock:

Yes.

Points on hand: 2,485.00 Points
Strata B&M Hybrid RMC coaster with 45 inversions and record breaking G forces.

Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

Given all the hills / mountains they have in the park something long and tall would easily fit in.

Of course one could easily shatter the record for largest bumper boat pond and none would be the wiser.

I see a B&M coming or a wooden coaster that uses their terrain (if they don't already have one). But there is no info to go on and no leads or clues, so at this point it could be anything
It's been a long time

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points
I hope it ends up being a flying coaster because that seems like it would be a great addition to the park.
1.Boulder Dash | 2.Legend(HW) | 3.Beast | 4.Ravine Flyer II | 5.Intimdator 305 | 6.Phoenix | 7.Twisted Timbers | 8.Wicked Cyclone | 9.Thunderhead | 10.Storm Chaser

Points on hand: 3,436.00 Points
Bank: 1,275.00 Points
That's why I was thinking mack launched, because of their terrain. They might go for a helix style terrain hugger. B&M is more likely though, given the size of the investment

Points on hand: 1,343.00 Points
Bank: 826.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:

They have a waterpark already called Splash Country.
I visited in August and there is so much room for this park to grow. There are areas of the park that just feel dead like up by Thunderhead and Mystery Mine. They just added a launch coaster (Not an intense one though) so I wouldn't put my money on a Mack Launch. A giga or a strata wouldn't fit here at all. You don't even know you're in a theme park until you are inside the gate. Not a single coaster is visible from the parking lot. My money is on an invert.

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
I've been to Dollywood. It's a great park that is very sensitive about their skyline. I can see maybe a hyper coaster or hopefully a dive coaster, with the drop using the valleys instead of the height. I'd say anything much larger than that, and we'd be seeing a different announcement notice that it says THE biggest and not ONE of the biggest single investments. That would lead me to believe we can cap it off at the Wild Eagle price tag of 20 million. That would narrow things down quite a bit. I also would bet unless it's some super RMC monster like Wildfire that would push them out of the running as well since after price conversion Wildfire was about 15mil USD and I don't think that would fit the park style. Though they are overdue for a woodie and have greatly enjoyed Thunderhead as an addition.

They already have a wing coaster and a pretty good one at that, I don't think so soon after they would go with a flyer or invert. And with the 20mil cap I'd say that edges out a hyper coaster from the big players. I'd place my chips on a large terrain RMC or dive coaster personally. Unless it's something indoor and heavily themed I don't see that capital going into a family ride

I most likely see a B&M hyper that uses the valleys for it's drops like Apollo's Chariot. A dive machine works as well, and an RMC is possible like Outlaw Run.
It's been a long time

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I hope it's an intamin so that everyone is too fat to ride.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Paradox User avatar

The only thing I want from Dollywood is more Cinnamon Bread :P

Honestly, that stuff is pure heaven.

As for the coaster, I think it might be Intamin (Balder 2.0 pls). They just got a Gerstlauer they also have a B&M, GCI and an arrow.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 64.00 Points
jdmi012 wrote:
Coasterkidmwm wrote:

They have a waterpark already called Splash Country.
I visited in August and there is so much room for this park to grow. There are areas of the park that just feel dead like up by Thunderhead and Mystery Mine. They just added a launch coaster (Not an intense one though) so I wouldn't put my money on a Mack Launch. A giga or a strata wouldn't fit here at all. You don't even know you're in a theme park until you are inside the gate. Not a single coaster is visible from the parking lot. My money is on an invert.

Wild eagle is easily visible so maybe you need to go and look again.

Paradox User avatar

Honestly, you can only see the top of Wild Eagle's loop from the parking lot. It is not easily visible until you get near Mystery Mine. Silver Dollar City is the same, except Wildfire sticks out.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
I want to bump this thread to talk about a rumored teaser that was shown at an event of a rumored "car rev'ing it's engine."

Launched RMC Woodie is my guess.
Diamondback is Diamonbae.

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!