Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Fahrenheit - 97?????? And Falling Fast!

Fahrenheit - 97?????? And Falling Fast!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post September 27th, 2007, 9:22 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

7/10? i would've gaven it much less... lol, anyway... yes. its designed by intamin.

Post September 27th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
i love how the Natimi site was something, since now its all shut down.

Im sure companies use NL now simply because they dont have to pay 3D geniouses thousands to render accurate models, they could find one of us and give us 100 bucks and im sure we'd do it.

Anyway, the ride is gonna be a nice squeeze back in there, those waterslides and pavilions are useless. IT's gonna be sweet up on the hill, and im guessing the cobra roll will be facing the one main walkway so that'll be fun.

Post September 27th, 2007, 9:54 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
uhm its ok looking, it will be powerful, but nothing compared to intamins normal reputational coasters... maverick, goliath, speed monster, they all pwn this new ride IMO, it still looks kool, and worth a ride tho.

Post September 27th, 2007, 10:01 pm

you really dont know yet, everyone undersetimated maverick. i think the loop will be intense

Post September 27th, 2007, 10:05 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Originally posted by dcs221

Not to me, seems like it's around 30 feet taller than the average woodie, with about the same amount of track. That extra height (and possible initial speed from the lift) should account for the extra loss of speed from what I understand would be increased friction and decreased mass, and let the ride keep speeding until the end. Seemed to work ok and pace realistically in the NL ride.

Not in the speed way. I was more hinting at what I believe will be poor capacity because of the three car trains.

Post September 27th, 2007, 10:27 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Yeah but if you have 6 trains that stack or 3 that don't what's the differece?

Anyways, it looks like an awesome ride (inversions + airtime) and I can't wait to ride it next year. I think the ride will look alot better when erected too than it does in NL...Intamin is just so cool.

Post September 27th, 2007, 10:37 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Well the difference is approx. 36 more people on the ride at once.

Post September 27th, 2007, 10:46 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Yeah but if they are just sitting on the brake run why do they matter?

Post September 28th, 2007, 12:11 am

Points on hand: 200.00 Points

I like this new coaster that hersheypark is going for next year it has 6 inversions on the most inversions on a coaster at hersheypark I think that it will be relly popular and I also think that it will be a relly good edition to hersheypark for next year I will try to go to hersheypark to ride this new coaster I think that it will be better than mavick at cedar point I am saying this becuse it has 6 inversions and marwick only has 2 inversions the new coaster looks like a lot of fun I hope that some of the members on this site get to ride this new coaster at hersheypark next year intiman keeps coming up with better coasters every year I can'nt wait to ride this new coaster for next year I also like how intiman did storm runner in 04 and now that are bulding Fahrenheit I think that it will be better than the storm runner even though there is only 3 cars per train I also like how it has a vitral drop on and the inversions also look relly cool to I also like how there is a banked turn in this coaster also.

Post September 28th, 2007, 12:41 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points

Post September 28th, 2007, 5:24 pm

Points on hand: 1,602.00 Points
Normally, i would also say it's a Maverick dupe. The only real similarity is the "over-verticle" drop, which is obviously taken from Maverick. BUT, it is a verticle lift as appose to a launch lift, and the inversions look pretty thrilling. Good luck to Hershey Park!

Post September 28th, 2007, 5:28 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
I wouldnt say "Obviously taken from maverick". There are only so many ideas, You could say mavericks idea was taken from Gerst, and gert's Ideas was taken from B&M with the dive machine. I bet planning for this ride was done before mavericks plans were released.

Post September 30th, 2007, 9:43 pm

Points on hand: 895.00 Points

Looks cool, and the fact that I'll get to ride it next year makes it that much more appealing.

Post September 30th, 2007, 10:30 pm

Points on hand: 58.00 Points

Personally, this ride looks like it will have more longevity than Maverick. As much as I enjoyed Maverick, I can easily see how in 2-3 years those quick transitions are going to become uncomfortable. Almost all coasters that are smooth at first get considerably rougher after a few years. This one looks like it's less likely to become too painful to ride too soon.

Post October 1st, 2007, 12:03 am

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

^Yeah, I'm glad I got to ride it while it's still fresh.

I'm glad HP is doing something like this. I can't wait to ride a pretzel loop =)

Post October 13th, 2007, 9:54 pm

Points on hand: 1,261.00 Points
looks ok. nothing really original. like the vertical lift though. gonna ride when i get the chance

Post October 14th, 2007, 12:23 am

Points on hand: 662.00 Points
intamins just like south park they keep coming up with better ideas every time for different rides... chuff batman the dark knight its a waste of space and im pissed about batman and robin chiller ride being shut down

Post October 14th, 2007, 8:45 pm

Points on hand: 813.00 Points
the thing is what else would hershey have added? They already have a great lineup, and personally I think that they could have used something like a spinning coaster instead of this, but it would have been hard for them to add anything else and not have something somewhat similar to what they already had barring a flyer or something like that.

Post October 14th, 2007, 10:04 pm

spinning coaster? no ride at hershey has more then 4 inversions, or a steel coaster with a real extended layout. This ride doesn't have an extended layout persay, but it's not over in 20 seconds like Great Bear or Storm Runner. With the space they had, i think this ride is going to be a great adition.

Post October 24th, 2007, 5:47 pm

Points on hand: 9,043.00 Points

I'm sure it will be a great ride but,please,very far from Maverick.
I think we have to wait several years to have another coaster with such that intensity!

Post October 24th, 2007, 7:05 pm

im hoping for a bunch of G's in the pretzel loop. THink about coming down a loop and instantly into another one. Im hoping that'll be a nice inverstion.

Post October 29th, 2007, 8:34 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Looks awesome. can't wait to ride it
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post October 29th, 2007, 10:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,268.00 Points

Just because I could I decided to make a recreation of the NL ride on their website. Planning on sending it to them, as like 20 people said I should, just to see what Hershey would do. Sofar, I'm stuck on the double corkscrew sections.
Hates oscar for taking points...

Post January 17th, 2008, 7:47 pm

Points on hand: 662.00 Points
awesome now i dont have to ride 8 hours to cp to ride an over vertical rollercoaster

Post January 29th, 2008, 1:31 pm

Points on hand: 3,141.00 Points

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!