Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Freizeitpark Plohn 2019 - Dynamite: Mack Big Dipper

Freizeitpark Plohn 2019 - Dynamite: Mack Big Dipper

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,638.50 Points
Bank: 42,000.00 Points
I'm glad they took apart the silbermine instead of straight destroying it. Hope to see the classic appear somewhere else in the park.
Coastercount: 1127 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 133
- Steel: 994

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 7,674.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Are they for sure keeping it or is it sales prep?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 2,362.00 Points
Time to bump this thread with an update from the past month or so:

More interesting however is that during the parks lasershow, the park showed the layout of the coaster. Here's a video from that segment:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlgmW0CnMm4 ... hn_fanpage

It's not the easiest to see, but you can just make out the coaster layout. But for those who can't, someone managed to do a rough sketch of the coaster layout and the elements it will have:

That's all for this update.

Source: https://www.coasterfriends.de/forum/118 ... hn-12.html

Points on hand: 1,578.00 Points
I don't know who came up with this layout but I am not really a fan of this layout.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 7,674.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I think it'll still be a fun ride. Mack's occasional problem with weak rides is usually running the train slowly around the course instead of the layout being terrible.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
I think it'll still be a fun ride. Mack's occasional problem with weak rides is usually running the train slowly around the course instead of the layout being terrible.

Another problem with the BigDipper is that they get bumpy very quickly. Lost Gravity was glossy smooth in 2016, but in 2017... Don't know what happened but it was bumpy in 2017 compared to 2016 imo. Not a big issue though

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Really looks like a fairly short ride for the height it has. Lost Gravity has a bigger and longer layout with a lower height.

RCT3andNL2stuff wrote:
Another problem with the BigDipper is that they get bumpy very quickly. Lost Gravity was glossy smooth in 2016, but in 2017... Don't know what happened but it was bumpy in 2017 compared to 2016 imo. Not a big issue though

I didn't really notice much difference between the opening year and one of my recent visits.

Dirk_Ermen wrote:
Really looks like a fairly short ride for the height it has. Lost Gravity has a bigger and longer layout with a lower height.

RCT3andNL2stuff wrote:

I didn't really notice much difference between the opening year and one of my recent visits.

That can be, I rode LG a few weeks ago and it was better than in 2017. Maybe it had a bad day when I rode in 2017

herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,437.00 Points
Looks very different from the Walibi Big Dipper coaster... Layout feels a bit short but other than that it could be a fun little coaster.

Does the queue takes so much space that they couldn't use the terrain between the station and the loop/zero G roll?
Still not a fan of the layout

Points on hand: 8,835.00 Points
It's short but it looks like it will be powerful. I think it'll do pretty well but yeah that is really short lol.
1-Skyrush | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Iron Rattler | 5-X2 | 6-Millennium Force
7-Kingda Ka | 8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-El Toro

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

As I kinda expected, way too short to my likings for the height it has. Hopefully it's worth it's name. Short bang and very forcefull. :lol:

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 27,287.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Wish they'd gone for a snappier first drop like Lost Gravity but the cheeky airtime hill in the tunnel looks pretty sweet!
Coaster Count - 128

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!