Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Nickelodeon Land at BPPB in 2011

Nickelodeon Land at BPPB in 2011

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post July 27th, 2010, 2:35 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

As stated on http://www.nickelodeonland.com

Pleasure Beach, Blackpool, is delighted to announce the launch of which will open at Britain's favourite tourist attraction in April 2011. Nickelodeon Land represents an investment of ?????????10.3m.

This collaboration between Pleasure Beach, Blackpool and Nickelodeon, the number one entertainment brand for kids, will see a 6 acre area of Pleasure Beach transformed into Nickelodeon Land, which will feature 14 rides, 9 are brand new and 5 are extensively re-themed existing rides. Nickelodeon Land also includes themed retail and catering outlets.

New rides include SpongeBob's Splash Bash, which is an interactive ride where riders have the opportunity to turn the jets onto their friends and blast pesky jellyfish with jets of water for a splashing time. Avatar Airbender allows riders to join Aang on an amazing adventure, spinning and soaring through the air on a giant disk. The Rugrat's Lost River is a rollicking flume ride where you join the Rugrats on their quest to find the mythical Temple of Spoon.

Amanda Thompson, Managing Director of Pleasure Beach, Blackpool, comments, "We are delighted to welcome Nickelodeon to Pleasure Beach. Both of our brands represent fantastic family fun and Nickelodeon Land will combine Pleasure Beach's reputation for amazing rides and attractions with Nickelodeon's favourite fun characters to produce a wonderful attraction, which will wow visitors to the park."

"Pleasure Beach is a first-class amusement park and popular destination for families in the U.K." said Gerald Raines, Senior Director, Nickelodeon Theme Parks and Attractions. "This is an ideal location for Nickelodeon and a great opportunity to expand our global presence. We look forward to offering Pleasure Beach patrons experiences that are unique to Nickelodeon and based on fan favourites like SpongeBob SquarePants and Dora the Explorer."

Work on Nickelodeon Land will commence in the Autumn of 2010 and is scheduled to open in April 2011.

i personally am very pleased to see the pleasure beach getting some much needed investment and something new for 2011. this really has just come out of the blue and im very excited even if it is a kiddie area im shure it will be awsome. there are many reason to visit BPPB and this is another one.
it also looks like rollercoaster will get some much needed love as will the space invader building. the concept shows it gone but its a listed building so they carnt demolish it.

YAY BLACKPOOL PLEASURE BEACH
Making screams come true

Post July 27th, 2010, 5:33 pm

Points on hand: 2,092.00 Points
Bank: 10.00 Points

If it means the park gets some TLC and some new attractions, I'm all for the move. Sad to see some of the more unique rides like Magic Mountain etc rethemed/removed though.
I'm just hopeful none of the big attractions will be closed in the future - we need to get Rollercoaster open every day, every year. And Noahs Ark reopened. And Gold Mine......

Post July 27th, 2010, 7:01 pm

gold mine was closed this season to be refurbed and noas ark closed because it has been condemed LOL
Making screams come true

Post July 27th, 2010, 7:12 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Hmm, they did a great job with Mall of America!
American Eagle Lover

Post July 28th, 2010, 6:03 pm

Points on hand: 2,092.00 Points
Bank: 10.00 Points

Well Blackpool needs to step up a gear, put the effort in, and realise that Noah's Ark is one of 2(?) remaining. They should be doing everything in their power to keep it open.
Mind you, Merlin/Tussauds can't speak...they let Black Hole go down the pan =/

Post July 28th, 2010, 6:35 pm

looks like "roller coaster" is going to be repainted bright orange
Making screams come true

Post July 28th, 2010, 6:39 pm

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
I'd like to see something like Avatar:Air Bender there, But a Disko is ok I guess. I'd also like a eurofighter there, Something BPPB could really do with, It'd be a great addition to the park. I'll definitely be going west especially for this although I go like 5 times a year anyway xD
[19:47:28] rcking04: /smoke bong through wrong end

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!