Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Non-Enthusiasts Say The Darndest things...

Non-Enthusiasts Say The Darndest things...

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post September 7th, 2010, 9:57 am

Points on hand: 1,051.00 Points
On my visit to Kings Island on Friday, I heard this not once but three times all from different people. The first was in Firehawk's queue the second was in Drop Zone's queue and the third was in Vortex's queue.

"Did you know flight of fear was made out of the old King Cobra Track!"

First of all FOF opened in 1996, and King Cobra closed in 2001. Secondly, they are two COMPLETELY different coaster companies. And thirdly, you are an IDIOT!

Post September 7th, 2010, 11:26 am

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
^ Those peoples obviously were n00bs to the KI scene.

Post September 7th, 2010, 11:35 am

Points on hand: 850.00 Points
At the exit to X:/ NO Way Out:
"Mummy I want to ride that again"

Post September 7th, 2010, 11:41 am

Points on hand: 1,851.00 Points
one of the kids at my school goes "Indimidator 305 is one of the best roller coasters I have ever ridden!" and that was after the trims.

Post September 7th, 2010, 11:44 am

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
And has he ridden it before it became Intrimidator 305?

Post September 7th, 2010, 12:03 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
I have a couple.

Sitting in the block brake, waiting for the train to leave the station on Flight Deck at PGA, kid sitting behind me yells at his friend:

"DO NOT TOUCH THAT! IF YOU PULL THAT LEVER YOUR GOING TO BREAK THE HYDRAULIC LIFT AND WERE GOING TO FALL AND DIE!"

Or... Youtube video. A man is talking about the Batwing on Montu:

"This ride is amazing. You go so fast and then you go through that, Double Reverse (Batwing...) element. You go in forwards and come out backwards."

GP FTW.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post September 7th, 2010, 1:31 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points

Post September 7th, 2010, 1:40 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Here's one I forgot about til just now...
I was talking with my friends a while (long while) back about Son Of Beast, and he told me, "Did you know that there's a part of Son Of Beast that goes right next to the Beast, so if someone builds another roller coaster longer, they can just combine the two?"

Post September 7th, 2010, 2:00 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I've always thought the "GP" is generally was lot smarter than the enthusiast community, and therefore it is a bad idea to call them dumb for something they don't really need or care to know about. The lack of intelligence shown from a few of the statements here (not the quotes themselves) leads me to believe I made the right judgement.

Post September 7th, 2010, 3:45 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
Originally posted by OblivionFreak

At the exit to X:/ NO Way Out:
"Mummy I want to ride that again"

lmfao, you gotta be mad to ride that twice in one day! let alone LIFE.

Post September 7th, 2010, 3:56 pm

Points on hand: 77.00 Points
I have heard this one from at least 8 times:

"Space Mountain is amazing! You go at 100 miles per hour through 10 loops."

Post September 7th, 2010, 4:21 pm

Points on hand: 2,506.00 Points

that Detonator is now a standup floorless drop ride without a countdown before an 100mph drop. lmfao.
Oh and also, Stealth is 800ft and goes 400 mph.....ohh dearr.

Post September 7th, 2010, 4:40 pm

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Originally posted by dcs221

I've always thought the "GP" is generally was lot smarter than the enthusiast community, and therefore it is a bad idea to call them dumb for something they don't really need or care to know about. The lack of intelligence shown from a few of the statements here (not the quotes themselves) leads me to believe I made the right judgement.

yeeeah but being more knowledgable about a particular thing can easily make you feel far superior. and it's bad, because i see myself as superior to 99% of everyone. seriously. EVERYONE.
and it's bad because i'm really not.

on a lighter note, this topic makes me lol about how much of a coastern00b i used to be, my family used to say the darndest things, too.
i have them trained now.
they don't get to ride if they get the fact wrong.
Cradled by two loving arms that I'd die for,
One little kiss and Felina goodbye.

Post September 7th, 2010, 4:46 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points

Post September 7th, 2010, 4:50 pm

Points on hand: 735.00 Points
i remember my nephew saying "lighting racer is taller than fahrenhieght man im never riding that again"
Fly at the speed of fright

Post September 7th, 2010, 6:20 pm

Post September 7th, 2010, 10:02 pm

Points on hand: 1,851.00 Points

I bet your nephew can spell "Fahrenheit."

Jesus, Mary and Joseph! What the love hell is with the shitty attitude from you all the time.

Post September 7th, 2010, 10:16 pm

Why is you talking bad about your neighbor ok, but I can't say anything about what you said? Grow up kid.

Post September 8th, 2010, 12:20 am

Points on hand: 1,385.00 Points
No, seriously dude. We're just having some innocent fun, making fun of people who know nothing about coasters. What's your problem with that?
\n"they see me trollin', they hatin'..." -Omnigeek6

Chamillionaire you are not...but white and nerdy, yes.

Post September 8th, 2010, 8:20 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Elitists have a problem with everything anyone else does, it's best I think to just ignore them.

Post September 8th, 2010, 8:41 am

Points on hand: 72.00 Points
Last time I was at great america, I was in line for the American Eagle, I heard some kid say: "I heard they were going to tear down the eagle and put in a kingda ka, except like 70 ft taller and 100 mph faster!" ahh gotta love people lol.

Post September 8th, 2010, 12:58 pm

gouldy, way to act like a little kid and call names instead of saying anything pertinent.

Just because I don't like the irony of someone not having an important skill, then calling someone else out for not having a trivial skill, doesn't make me an "elitist" and doesn't mean that I don't like anything. I just think before I speak.

Post September 8th, 2010, 2:23 pm

Points on hand: 1,303.00 Points
I find it easier to blend in with the non enthusiasts. Whenever I rattle off coaster facts, people look at me like I play dungeons and dragons.

Then I remember that I don't give a poop about what everyone else thinks, so I rattle on about coaster poop anyway.

Or I just talk hockey or cars with people, since people actually give a poop about those 2 things. (eh... sometimes people give a poop about hockey).

For the majority of people, coasters are a once or twice a day thing, after a short drive to a local amusement park. Any other time they could know or give a poop less about them. Either way... it's always fun to make fun of dumb people who obviously use no common sense when talking about roller coasters.

Post September 8th, 2010, 2:26 pm

Points on hand: 1,303.00 Points
Since I figured the last post was worthless to most people:

It always annoys me when people say "Oh man I went to this one coaster at this one place 20 years ago and it was insane! It was the biggest baddest thing ever."

I get that constantly.

Then: There is this dumb forwarded email at work that has a picture of top thrill dragster and a bunch of facts in a slide show, followed by a picture of a girl who pissed theirselves on it. People usually say something like "Man I bet Zach wants to go on that one"... I usually just say "Been there done that" and they don't believe me like it's in some far away other continent.

Post September 8th, 2010, 3:25 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

gouldy, way to act like a little kid and call names instead of saying anything pertinent.

Just because I don't like the irony of someone not having an important skill, then calling someone else out for not having a trivial skill, doesn't make me an "elitist" and doesn't mean that I don't like anything. I just think before I speak.

Seeing as the previous few posts were yet more examples of you spewing your obnoxiously holier-than-thou demeanor, what I said was entirely pertinent. Your aim almost always seems to just be to put other down as if to prove you're some kind of superior being. You don't feel this makes you an elitist? And me calling you out on this makes me childish in some way? I understand it would have been better if I'd addressed you directly rather than in the thrid person, but my observation of your behaviour was more than valid.

PreviousNext

Return to General Theme Park Discussions