Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Phantasialand - F.L.Y.: Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster

Phantasialand - F.L.Y.: Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster

Theme Park Construction And News Forum


Posts: 609
Points on hand: 5,901.00 Points
Phantasialand is always like this, it's pretty frustrating but it's also a clever way to generate hype among enthousiasts. Speculation is fun and this mystery surrounding their rides will only make us more curious.
Taron>Helix get mad


Posts: 932
Points on hand: 4,034.00 Points
Update on the themed facade:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

A launch track segment also arrived recently:

Image

...and it even seems like clearance testing is being carried out:

Image

This also appeared by what will be the entrance to Rookburgh:

Image

Here's also one last image off the site as it looks right now:

Image

Sources:

https://www.coasterfriends.de/forum/coa ... aland.html

http://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/ ... 20/page-58

afro85 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts: 506
Points on hand: 38.00 Points
Bank: 26,721.70 Points
Location: Torino, ITA
That's so cool!!! but... don't they usually put the track pieces over some wood or something to avoid scratches...? It looks like they had extra pieces abandoned there with a bunch of other construction stuff... Anyway this looks incredible!!


Posts: 108
Points on hand: 1,063.00 Points
Could this park not be in Germany so far away? Incredible immersive theming and thrilling innovative rides are always welcome in American parks ;)


Posts: 37
Points on hand: 4,511.00 Points
Location: Hasselt, Belgium

smartguy86 wrote:
Could this park not be in Germany so far away? Incredible immersive theming and thrilling innovative rides are always welcome in American parks ;)

No, it needs to be where it is right now. If it were near you, that someone else would be be complaining it was to far away. Me for instance. Phantasialand is only a 90 minute drive for me. ;)

That, and America already has IOA, SFMM, CP and many other parks that are not far for you but practically on the other side of the planet for us Europeans. Just let us have this one thing. ;)


Posts: 338
Points on hand: 1,056.00 Points
Location: United States of America
Wishmaster wrote:
smartguy86 wrote:
Could this park not be in Germany so far away? Incredible immersive theming and thrilling innovative rides are always welcome in American parks ;)

No, it needs to be where it is right now. If it were near you, that someone else would be be complaining it was to far away. Me for instance. Phantasialand is only a 90 minute drive for me. ;)

That, and America already has IOA, SFMM, CP and many other parks that are not far for you but practically on the other side of the planet for us Europeans. Just let us have this one thing. ;)


I’d die for a park like Phantasialand— I have a fetish for compact parks
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Posts: 13180
Points on hand: 3,216.50 Points
Bank: 42,000.00 Points
Location: Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Kw6sTheater wrote:
Wishmaster wrote:
smartguy86 wrote:
Could this park not be in Germany so far away? Incredible immersive theming and thrilling innovative rides are always welcome in American parks ;)

No, it needs to be where it is right now. If it were near you, that someone else would be be complaining it was to far away. Me for instance. Phantasialand is only a 90 minute drive for me. ;)

That, and America already has IOA, SFMM, CP and many other parks that are not far for you but practically on the other side of the planet for us Europeans. Just let us have this one thing. ;)


I’d die for a park like Phantasialand— I have a fetish for compact parks

Time for you to emigrate then. Some lovely ones here in Europe. ;)
Coastercount: 1171 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 135
- Steel: 1036

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Posts: 12283
Points on hand: 8,025.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Location: Illinois, USA
Did I miss them releasing the layout?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"


Posts: 338
Points on hand: 1,056.00 Points
Location: United States of America
Time for you to emigrate then. Some lovely ones here in Europe. ;)[/quote]

Name them maybe? Besides Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Phantasialand?
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds


Posts: 213
Points on hand: 6,001.00 Points
Location: France
Entering the week of IAAPA 2018, Vekoma has updated their website. Guess what, the train for their Flying Coaster model has been revealed. It could be the one used on FLY, the new-for-20?? coaster coming to Phantasialand!
https://goo.gl/Tzk2VH

Image

Credit: Parks & Coasters Worldwide

mkingy User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Posts: 5393
Points on hand: 27,533.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Location: United Kingdom
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Did I miss them releasing the layout?


No.

AceDFe19 wrote:
Entering the week of IAAPA 2018, Vekoma has updated their website. Guess what, the train for their Flying Coaster model has been revealed. It could be the one used on FLY, the new-for-20?? coaster coming to Phantasialand!
https://goo.gl/Tzk2VH
--image snipped--

Credit: Parks & Coasters Worldwide


I like how these looks - can't wait to see the train snaking around Phantasialand!


Posts: 609
Points on hand: 5,901.00 Points
On this really unique ride, riders are comfortably and safely harnessed in a prone position. Riders start in a sit-down position and are transported sideways to a dark ride section. They are immersed in a story to save the world using their flying super powers. Prepared to get launched, the track and seats are turns 90 degrees creating a smooth transformation from dark ride to flying coaster from where the flight begins and riders experience inversions, air time moments, near miss moments and a lot more. With their arms stretched out, face down and parallel to the track, this is as close as it gets to flying like superman!


This pretty much confirms dark ride section(s) on F.L.Y.
I can't wait for what phantasialand will do.
Taron>Helix get mad


Posts: 108
Points on hand: 1,063.00 Points
straightbanana wrote:
On this really unique ride, riders are comfortably and safely harnessed in a prone position. Riders start in a sit-down position and are transported sideways to a dark ride section. They are immersed in a story to save the world using their flying super powers. Prepared to get launched, the track and seats are turns 90 degrees creating a smooth transformation from dark ride to flying coaster from where the flight begins and riders experience inversions, air time moments, near miss moments and a lot more. With their arms stretched out, face down and parallel to the track, this is as close as it gets to flying like superman!


This pretty much confirms dark ride section(s) on F.L.Y.
I can't wait for what phantasialand will do.


This makes the system sound similar to what Europa Park has with the Arthur ride.

mkingy User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Posts: 5393
Points on hand: 27,533.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Location: United Kingdom
It's nice that they've created a dark ride around the transition, but in all honesty it's nice to see a really good solution compared to the B&M / old Vekoma solution.

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Posts: 13180
Points on hand: 3,216.50 Points
Bank: 42,000.00 Points
Location: Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Kw6sTheater wrote:
Name them maybe? Besides Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Phantasialand?

Gröna lund is another big one. And there are a handful more, but that requires a bit longer thinking for me.
Coastercount: 1171 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 135
- Steel: 1036


Posts: 338
Points on hand: 1,056.00 Points
Location: United States of America
Europa looks pretty compact, lots of layering and such (Wodan interweaves with Atlantica & Blue Fire, the monorail goes over half the park, Pegasus is right below Poseidon)
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds


Posts: 186
Points on hand: 610.00 Points
Location: Philladelphia, PA, USA
Oh wow a 2 across flyer! This whole design in an all will make am absolute incredible experience. First a dark ride and than a smooth transfer to fly position and the coaster section will look to be intense. I am a huge Intamin fanboy but lately Vekoma has been taking my eye with their boom of innovation! Phantasialand is going to have a really great setup if it already didnt!


Posts: 5
Points on hand: 91.00 Points
This is still going to be better than Parc Astérix's 2021 coaster :roll:


Posts: 932
Points on hand: 4,034.00 Points
In some recent events, it turns out this coaster will not be called F.L.Y after an attempt to trademark the name seem to have fallen through due to opposition:

http://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details ... /016873135

So whenever this coaster does eventually open, it will have a different name.


Posts: 609
Points on hand: 5,901.00 Points
I guess that's alright, never really liked the name F.L.Y.
Taron>Helix get mad


Posts: 138
Points on hand: 1,117.00 Points
Location: California, USA
Kw6sTheater wrote:
Europa looks pretty compact, lots of layering and such (Wodan interweaves with Atlantica & Blue Fire, the monorail goes over half the park, Pegasus is right below Poseidon)


It becomes quickly apparent that the park is not compact at all once you go there! :lol:
I had no sense of the park's scale before I went either. It only looks compact because they fit so much into it.

mkingy User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Posts: 5393
Points on hand: 27,533.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Location: United Kingdom
Connor_The_Colossus wrote:
Kw6sTheater wrote:
Europa looks pretty compact, lots of layering and such (Wodan interweaves with Atlantica & Blue Fire, the monorail goes over half the park, Pegasus is right below Poseidon)


It becomes quickly apparent that the park is not compact at all once you go there! :lol:
I had no sense of the park's scale before I went either. It only looks compact because they fit so much into it.


Trying to get across the park quickly is nigh on impossible (other than via monorail)


Posts: 932
Points on hand: 4,034.00 Points
Update from the first day of Wintertraum:

Image

It's seems like the first launch has now fully gone in:

Image

Image

...and here is what the wall now looks like:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Source: http://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/ ... 20/page-61


Posts: 932
Points on hand: 4,034.00 Points


Posts: 2017
Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 8,493.00 Points
Location: sheffield, UK
Traintastic26 wrote:
Some fantastic concept images for the new-gen flying coaster.

Image

Image

Image

Will the trains load in that position?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post