Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 NoLimits Coaster 2 Scripting Need Help nolimits 2 scripting

Need Help nolimits 2 scripting

Post your Nolimits 2 scripts here! Also any discussion regarding scription for NoLimits Coaster 2 should be placed in this forum

Post August 25th, 2014, 4:49 pm

Points on hand: 81.00 Points
I recently purchased no limits 2 about 2 months ago and im currently creating a custom roller coaster, i am completely new to scripting for no limits but would like to have a light which when the coaster rolls over a track trigger on the track the light would come on then when it rolls over another track trigger the light would go out. Once again im completely new to scripting. How can i do this so i know for the future

Post August 25th, 2014, 5:56 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I don't know the name of your triggers, but if you have placed them, you can double click them and then name them. You can do the same with lights, but you need to go into the .nl2sco file, go to the "Lights" tab, and then name it there. I've made lines 10-13 variables where you can replace what's in the quote with the trigger names, the scene object name, and the light name, those are the only lines you should need to edit.

Copy the code here http://pastebin.com/XjJZ572G and paste it into a text editor of your choice. You need to save it as "LightTrigger.nlvm", anything else won't work unless you change the class name.

I didn't test the script, but it should work. Post if it doesn't with the error :]

EDIT: Also on line 13 it's supposed to say "name of light", copy and pasting and its finest :]

Post August 25th, 2014, 10:00 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Post August 26th, 2014, 4:06 am

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
More interesting though, when did you start posing again? its nice to see people coming back out of the lurk cave
What are these for?

Post August 26th, 2014, 9:35 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^Lol he never left, he's just been on the CoasterCrazy Minecraft server every night.

Post August 26th, 2014, 2:00 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
^^^ I don't think I know how to script, it's always a process of looking at the API and debugging. That script is actually just an adaptation of something I made a few weeks ago, that has the same concept. I have been writing in Javascript and PHP for a the past couple years, so I know programming concepts (or some anyway), but I've never used Java that much so it's still fairly new to me.

Post August 26th, 2014, 2:23 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^ You are not this intelligent, this is not rwn, this is an imposter.

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2 Scripting