Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Drop of Doom VR at Six Flags Over Georgia 2017!

Drop of Doom VR at Six Flags Over Georgia 2017!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Mutant Spiders and Creepy Critters Crawling On Your Skin in the Virtual World
Mutant spiders, creepy critters crawling on your skin and a 100 story fiery plunge await on North America???s first-ever drop tower virtual reality ride, Drop of Doom VR.

Prepare to become the pilot of a futuristic gunship under attack by your worst nightmare ??? gigantic spiders ??? through an intense and interactive adventure.

Wearing Samsung Gear VR headsets, powered by Oculus, you???ll encounter a high speed vertical ascent up 100 stories, while teetering off the edge of a helicopter. As you rise up, you???ll be traveling through a massive city with large skyscrapers around you, under siege by life-sized spiders. Prepare for a high-intensity gun battle against a giant arachnid, which is spewing baby spiders that are virtually crawling all over your body. And, if you aren???t creeping out yet, you???ll stare straight down and plunge 100-stories to the ground through a city on fire to face off in the final battle ??? against a spider the size of a van, in full attack mode.

Drop of Doom VR is available for a limited time only at Six Flags Over Georgia. We dare you to face your fears and engage in North America???s most intense VR experience yet.

I love how they had to rebrand it as the first permanent VR drop tower since there was a temporary one at NASA Houston for the Super Bowl lol.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
How tight it the strap going to be? haha

edit: I can't imagine one flying off and hitting a guest below, that's no fun :cry:
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
This just seems like desperation at this point.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Apparently they haven't milked the VR stuff enough yet.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Points on hand: 4,190.00 Points
This is my home six flags park and I can not believe they are doing this to Acrophobia. This park is in desperate need for park attendance and is doing everything in their power to get it. The fact that they had it on dare devil dive last year and did not implement a second line for patrons that wished not to use the VR was something that really irritated me, so I had to wait 2 hours in line to ride the roller coaster without the VR. what makes no snese to me is that the park doe snot allow you to wear a go pro chest mount on their roller coasters but you can wear this makes no sense. This is the worst thing they could have ever done. I really hope that this season they hire some people that have a sense of urgency and friendliness. Last year I had to wiat in line for hte goliath and the patrons got off the ride and I had to wait for them to finsih a water fight before they would open the gate and let us on and then just for fun they would press the emergency stop.

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
^Don't worry. Only 1 set of goggles needs to fly and they will halt operating with VR immediately.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Points on hand: 5,836.00 Points
My home park too, I wish they would utilise the huge empty lot in the back and put in a Kingda Ka, or better yet refurbish the Georgia Cyclone contracting RMC to turn it into the Georgia Twisted Cyclone. My friend tried the VR on Daredevil and it never worked.

Points on hand: 3,410.00 Points
lifeson wrote:
My home park too, I wish they would utilise the huge empty lot in the back and put in a Kingda Ka, or better yet refurbish the Georgia Cyclone contracting RMC to turn it into the Georgia Twisted Cyclone. My friend tried the VR on Daredevil and it never worked.

I think the park has a height limit on rides, about 200 ft. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Points on hand: 4,748.89 Points
romantic_4_u wrote:
This is my home six flags park and I can not believe they are doing this to Acrophobia. This park is in desperate need for park attendance and is doing everything in their power to get it. The fact that they had it on dare devil dive last year and did not implement a second line for patrons that wished not to use the VR was something that really irritated me, so I had to wait 2 hours in line to ride the roller coaster without the VR. what makes no snese to me is that the park doe snot allow you to wear a go pro chest mount on their roller coasters but you can wear this makes no sense. This is the worst thing they could have ever done. I really hope that this season they hire some people that have a sense of urgency and friendliness. Last year I had to wiat in line for hte goliath and the patrons got off the ride and I had to wait for them to finsih a water fight before they would open the gate and let us on and then just for fun they would press the emergency stop.

List of things that are worse than temporary VR on one ride:
-Replacing Deja Vu and the second gate with dead license train land.
-Replacing the original 6 themed areas with product placement
-Joker's Chaos Coaster ruining the Gotham City aesthetic, also, Joker's Chaos Coaster.

List of good things that are currently happening:
-Renovation of the cramped area around Superman, even if it does mean the death of Cotton States.
-Air conditioned dark ride
-Ride with extremely high capacity that typically receives short lines getting a unique VR experience.

Six Flags isn't extremely desperate for attendance.

lifeson wrote:

Not only is a Kingda Ka clone ridiculous, expensive, and doesn't fit a small enough part of the parking lot to be considered a good idea, it exceeds the FAA 200ft height limit. Georgia Cyclone will never be RMC'd, and if we're being completely honest the park should probably keep it at 2 woodies.

Y'all need to know your home park better.
Mind Bender at SFOG is pretty great
Check out my WIP thread
Currently working on Thunderbolt, a second generation Schwarzkoph.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Hmm, I wonder if they'll make its ride time longer than before because of the shooting "game" part... :roll:
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 3,149.00 Points

I went yesterday (didn't ride it) but they seem to be running very quickly. I think the slowed the ascent a little bit, but not by much. The line seemed like it was moving quite fast.
Coaster count: 28 1. Fury 325 2. Twisted Cyclone 3. Goliath (sfog) 4. Intimidator 5. Afterburn

Points on hand: 4,748.89 Points
Actually rode it. Line went very quickly considering it was VR. VR was a little blurry but actually added to the ride experience. This was a good choice of ride to put VR on.
Mind Bender at SFOG is pretty great
Check out my WIP thread
Currently working on Thunderbolt, a second generation Schwarzkoph.

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!