Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Planet Coaster Park WIP

Planet Coaster Park WIP

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post November 20th, 2017, 6:16 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Been having fun on Planet Coaster, so I figured I show off some pics. Trying to make as realistic a park as I can, let me know what you think! I heavily use the workshop and alter the buildings from there, I can't imagine custom building everything.

I went with a custom terrain created by someone online so I would have the challenge of using terrain that was already in place. It made the game extremely fun and I had trouble fitting some things in. Highly recommend picking a terrain from the internet and playing off of it!

Ticket Booths and Entrance.

Parking and entrance road, along with the first coaster I built, Comet. This coaster ended up getting in the way later on but I really crammed in some rides in an exciting way because of it.

The Mad House dark ride themed to a castle, and the classic Arrow Suspended.

The back of the mad house ride, with the main show area being the large building to the left. Some employee parking garages as well. Had to place some scenery on existing "back stage" buildings to complete the look I wanted from the other side. Excited about the result.

Moving further back in the park, entry to the arrow suspended on the left, and the entrance to the log flume. Space probably available for another coaster to the left.

Want to try and fit a mystic timbers-type wooden coaster in the top left of this image. Going to be fun to make the entrance work with how crammed the area is.

An old custom arrow through the woods. Right in the center of the park. Never really got in the way with other construction because it's so centralized, and I love the way it turned out.

A top spin similar to the what used to be Tomb Raider at Kings Dominion. You can see the arrow coaster in the background, the train also fits in back there.

The central river and arrow coaster interacting with the surroundings and creating some nice scenery.

Newly added coaster. The only real modern coaster in the park so far. Hope to add another in the future. Just finished building this and am happy how it fit into the terrain perfectly.

The "North Station" train station is hidden in the back there! Also very happy with how it fit so great into the space. Took some fidgeting but it worked!

Top view, the largest building is a dark ride, the log flume indoor section to the left of that, and a small family coaster to the right of it. The other large building is the B&M Wing Coaster Station.
The large green space in the center needs to be something, but I'm unsure of what since it is a very large hill. Trying to build something like they would in real life, so I'm struggling to figure out what to do with the raised land.
You can also see the "beast"-like coaster all throughout the right of the image. Travels through hills and tunnels and finishes with a quite boring, drawn-out, helix that I'm disappointed about from a riders point-of-view. You can also see some of the river rapids ride squeezed in.

I'll update along the way with changes from here, and be taking some better pictures too. Park had 10,000 guests, but frames are now dropping with over 750 guests, so the park is quite empty at the moment, and I'm losing money quick because of it!

Thanks for reading!

Post November 21st, 2017, 6:55 am
stevecoaster User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,031.00 Points

Cool, I have not seen much activity on Planet Coaster on Here. I guess I could share some screenshots of one of the parks I have created. I am still working on my building/scenery skills.

The coasters in my park I can think of off the top of my head;

Bandit; GCI Wooden
Flashback; Vekoma Boomerang Standard
Wild Beast; PTC Woodie
Dominator; B&M Hyper

As you can tell this is a Cedar Fair fantasy park.
Vasco XTR

Post November 21st, 2017, 1:24 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Looks fan-frigging-tastic, just like a real park. Awesome job so far!
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post November 21st, 2017, 5:01 pm
stevecoaster User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,031.00 Points

Planet Coaster 11_21_2017 5_55_51 PM.png
I had to get to my computer at home to grab a screenshot. Okay here is one of Flashback
Vasco XTR

Post November 22nd, 2017, 1:42 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I love the graphics in Planet Coaster. This park looks gorgeous. I hope you share it. I have a huge park I'm working on too, maybe I'll put together a thread if I know enough Planet Coaster players are on here.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post November 23rd, 2017, 1:49 pm

^^looks like a perfect flashback!

^definitely do share! I love looking at some planet coaster parks. I???ll share this park for sure once complete, just want to add some additions which I???ll highlight on this thread as well. Always nice to see others looking at my park, makes it feel that much more real I guess.

Post November 23rd, 2017, 5:47 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Holy crap that looks awesome Austin! Well done! I want to see more!

Steve that also looks really good! I love boomerangs :) I'd love to see you make your own topic so we have more Planet Coaster content :)
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post November 25th, 2017, 12:51 pm

Some work by the log flume!
Black Forest-themed area

Previously:
Previous area.

The Previous Entrance to Logging Run Log Flume.

Land clearing

493340_screenshots_20171125133516_1.jpeg

More Land Clearing for new wooden coaster and new wooden coaster station seen. Pathway from main park area starting.

Coaster is going up.

The run back is full of twists and airtime.

Track work is done.

Post December 4th, 2017, 5:02 pm

The area is done

493340_screenshots_20171125155109_1.jpg
The first drop

493340_screenshots_20171203125654_1.jpg
The new drop tower, the second new ride in the new area.

493340_screenshots_20171203125532_1.jpg
The main entrance to the new area. Rock retaining wall.

493340_screenshots_20171204173428_1.jpg
Indoor Drop Tower to the left.

493340_screenshots_20171120224533_1.jpg
A Before Overhead.

493340_screenshots_20171204175106_1.jpg
And AFTER Overhead

Post December 5th, 2017, 6:32 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Whole park looks really cool!

The new wooden looks like it absolutely tears through the layout too. Good job man.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Return to Hard Hat Area