Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Creating a new track generator

Creating a new track generator

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post March 7th, 2018, 4:38 pm

Points on hand: 2,067.00 Points
When I was recreating the Riverview Bobs the generators??? lack of precision was incredibly vexing. For example, I discovered that two successive curved sections of 90 degrees did not result in the same length and total angle of curvature than a single arc of 180 degrees, and every single one of my single arc curves were off anyway, such as the horseshoe curve following the lift which is exactly 250 degrees on the blueprint but had to be rendered at 254 degrees to get the same result in NL2. There???s a total of 16 curves in the ride and it was maddening having to experiment with every single one to find the right ???fake??? values. Then I had to do the same thing with node spacing on the curves. Then, on the straight sections, I discovered that only the first and last few nodes were spaced at the values I???d set ??? all the rest were off by some fraction of a decimal point, meaning that I had to go and re-space all the nodes by hand. This doesn???t matter so much when you???re building rides from your imagination but it???s absolutely critical to be precise when recreating a ride from blueprints. I could have saved myself several days of time if only the generators did what they were supposed to. Does anyone know which language the generators are written in? I???m really tempted to put it into my long-term plans to create a better track generator which doesn???t have these problems.

Post March 8th, 2018, 2:49 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Welcome back, not seen you in a while! I'm curious how inherant the problem is with the way NL2 forms the track or if that isn't a factor at all! I've messaged the NL2 team so hopefully someone will drop by with some insight :)
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post March 8th, 2018, 10:34 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^^ I still remember your works! I'm already off the "Nolimits" stuff, because my computer died. However I find your project to be impressive!
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to No Limits Coaster