Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Powder Keg (Mack Mega Coaster)

Powder Keg (Mack Mega Coaster)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post February 14th, 2014, 2:38 am

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

I've been playing with Sketchup a lot lately. Traditionally, I have never been able to figure out some of the other 3D software out there but managed to get a handle on Sketchup. With this said, this will be one of my first themed coasters I have in the works (I have 2 others I haven't posted yet as I'm currently at a "creator's block" with them.

Powder Keg is not to be confused with the S&S coaster at SDC. It's appearance is not to be confused with Blue Fire at Europa Park either as much as the ride's first few elements strongly resemble the said coaster. Without further ado, here's some screens of this coaster, in which will be themed to an explosion as you launch at 62mph out of the shed.

Image Insert:
1220.08 KB

Image Insert:
507.06 KB

Image Insert:
1201.98 KB

Image Insert:
1159.12 KB

Goals/ideas I have for the ride:

- Onboard soundtrack, used to help with the theming

- Triggered sounds (I can always just edit my sound track though if one e-stops the ride or pauses the sim, the sync will be way off...especially if I do sound effects. I know how to script just a looping onboard sound track but don't know how to trigger specific events, reason for me to just capture a pov of my ride, take it into Premiere, and sync up my audio followed by exporting the audio. I've done this technique for 2 other coasters I have in the works.

- Triggered lighting and fog? I'd like to simulate smoke and such rising followed by some bright orange flashes just as the train shoots off. I'm clueless at scripting so some help may be needed (and credit will be given in my track's description

Side notes: my buildings are still a work in progress, working on them when I'm not laying out track. They're a bit bland at the moment but are looking better than they were :)

Image Insert:
1335.7 KB
Comments and constructive/helpful critique/pointers are welcome!
Last edited by Angry_Gumball on February 14th, 2014, 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thrills by the Bay - Your #1 News Source for Bay Area Parks!
http://thrillsbythebay.blogspot.com

Return to Hard Hat Area