Board index Public Relations Contests Scream City Coaster Contest- No Limits- RESULTS!!!

Scream City Coaster Contest- No Limits- RESULTS!!!

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Post November 3rd, 2007, 5:20 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I absolutely adore how Austin is trying to blame this all on ME when he has had my judgements, as well as blackhand's, for WEEKS now and he still fails to post them.

If Austin can't get the rates up this weekend, I'm going to post my judgements and put a stop to this. This is ridiculous...
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post November 4th, 2007, 12:42 am

Points on hand: 104.00 Points

there ya go austin, you've been called out
we know GLC's sent in his/her (assuming his b/c of us being coaster nerds) ratings

all i want is a critique and possibly points. i like to know what people think about my ride in an unbiased manner. all i want to know is what the judges think. you tell me what i sucked on and i knwo what to fix in my future projects. im ALMOST 2 coasters after LGMAJOTROMH: TR and ..yeah
please, spend a few minutes judge the trax if you havent and tell us what you think HONESTLY. thats all we want

Post November 4th, 2007, 6:34 am

Points on hand: 1,476.00 Points

Post November 4th, 2007, 6:57 am

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

Post November 4th, 2007, 6:47 pm

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

^^It might as well be serious. He could join up today, take a month to build a track, submit it, and STILL have to wait for the results.
My body isn't a temple. It's an amusement park.

Post November 5th, 2007, 1:38 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

Post November 5th, 2007, 3:57 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

i feel awful everyone, its the end of the quarter at school, i had 5 projects due today and 2 tommorow, i've been gone driving around the northeast states this whole weekend. im kinda pissed too, i feel bad, and im seriously sorry, im in the middle of a ton of problems at home, and im in the midst of buying a car, ill try to finsish them tonight when i take a break from working on my projects.

Post November 5th, 2007, 5:28 pm

Austin would you like to send the ratings to me and I can get it covered?

Post November 6th, 2007, 4:17 pm

Sorry about the long delay of no results, but as a benefit to you, prizes have been DOUBLED! So, without further a due... your results. Sorry about the huge delay, school is not good at the moment, and I'm busy as heck. (as mentioned earlier)

Anyway?????????

PRIZES![/b]

1st Place will recieve 100,000 Slappin' Points. NOW 200,000!
2nd Place will recieve 50,000 Slappin' Points. NOW 100,000!!
3rd Place will recieve 10,000 Slappin' Points. NOW 20,000!!!
4th Place will recieve 2,000 Slappin' Points. NOW 4,000!
5th Place will recieve 500 Slappin' Points.
NOW 1,000!!
[/center]

The judges are here for a reason. We hold the final statements. Your struggle for modification or presentation of contradicting proof will be ignored. Also, if you feel your score is way too low, remember, that we may have taken out points from going out of the g-limits, and other rule-breakings.

1. TrackSix- CONDOR, incredible track, defiantly #1 spot. The ONLY track without g-problems, so definite thumbs up there. This is a simply outstanding show of effort and skill. It did have some pumpy transitions, which wasn't called for, but It didn't bump marks off totally bad though. Your ride fully passed tunnel-test, and as hard as we looked for force breaches, we found none. SUPPORTS ARE JUST WONDEROUS!!! A beautiful presentation of effort and patience. Great 3d Station as well, you didn't go overboard with the 3d?????????s, which just showed even more how incredible this track really is. This ride could really get some acknowledgement as a great design. My favorite part is that first drop. It had wonderful airtime in the back as well as frighteningly surprising head choppers. Also, this ride would cost a lot, but cost was not a concern in the competition. Great job also with all of the head choppers passing tunnel testing. This ride truly blew ALL of us away. AMAZING

Technical: 9.5/11, 9/11, 9.5/11 = 28/33 (85%)

Adrenaline: 9.5/10, 9.5/10, 9.5/10 = 28.5/30 (95%)

Originality: 8/9, 9/9, 8.5/9 = 25.5/27(94%)

MARK SAYS: "Wow! This ride blew me away. The launches were extreme, the supports were incredibly strong and I was very pleased with the upkeep of the ride. This ride will last a long time. For the ride length, it was incredible, I've always wanted to ride an excellently built incredibly long coaster, and WOW, you really designed an incredible one. Also, I love how so many new things were done with the ride. The elements and layout of the ride just were incredible to me, along with the supports; the feeling of insecurity with your support designs will defiantly attract thrill seekers from around the world. Also, walking along the walkway, under all of those supports just makes the ride appeal to me so much more, as I assume it would with my guests. Great job of making this thing go all over the park, and making this thing tall also will really help me attract some thrill seeking guests. Thanks for the design. And you will be receiving the win from me on this one.????????? 9.75/10

91.75/100 (92%)

2. Silicon: CoasterStreak: The amount of inverting is spectacular, seen on no other design. I absolutely love the feeling of dizziness after a ride with a nice number of inversions. Heck, even Kumba, which puts you upsidedown only seven times, makes me dizzy. I can't imagine how vomity this ride would be! It's a plus! If a ride can make someone sick, it deserves to be on this planet. The pumping definitely downsized your technical field. There was A LOT of pumping, man. Hate to say it, but it took you down 3 whole points, as it never let up. Nearly every vertex pumped.

Technical: 8/11, 7/11, 8/11 = 23/33 (70%)

Adrenaline: 8.5/10, 9/10, 8.5/10 = 26/30 (87%)

Originality: 7.5/9, 7.5/9, 7.5/9 = 22.5/27 (83%)

Mark Says: Jeez this thing turns you upside down a lot. The ride is disorienting, large, fast, extreme, and fun. Everything about this ride is just amazing in my opinion. The ride takes up a lot of the space, and everything is very well done. The ride is tall, which will attract many people, and I love the second very powerful launch which will attract people from all over the world, along with the number of inversions on this thing, and the lift! Great job, a defiant thumbs up from me, AWESOME job. 9/10

80.5/100 (81%)

3. Psycho: minicoopertx, The average in the gang. We would?????????ve LOVED to see a little more custom supporting on this, there was NOT much at all, and something a little higher on the ladder than the mess you have for lift supports. The back right seat of this ride gave 1.8 laterals, which of course calls for big deduction. This lateral occurs at the exit of the first overbanked turn. That section of swerving turns really did get old. It seems like you were striving to get to the launch section and tried to hard to fit in some good track there. In a nutshell, we feel like you could've put a little more effort towards supporting, a lot more effort on smoothing your track, and the most effort in making a more original design. I didn't see anything eye-opening apart from the in-tunnel hop after the first drop, which gave a cool kick of air, and was an exciting first element.

Technical: 8/11, 7.5/11, 7.5/11 = 23/33 (70%)

Adrenaline: 5.5/10, 5/10, 6/10 = 16.5/30 (55%)

Originality: 7/9, 7/9, 7.5/9 = 21.5/27 (80%)

Mark Says: The ride was fun, what I didn't like was how short in height the ride was other than the lift, from far away, you can't even see the ride, except for the lift, and maybe a few hills. The ride had some interesting things, like the turns going into the second launch, and I liked the amount of air hills that were there. Overall I think that the ride defiantly could've been much better designed. Also, where are all the fun forces and awesome elements? I just didn't notice anything that struck me as amazing as I have noticed with other entries. Good job using most of the template. 6.5/10

67.5/100 (68%)

4. Off the roof of my house, the ride: CoreyML:
Well, there were some big points deductions for the backseat high laterals... And also the fact that the ride didn't pass e-stop on a roll-back. but anyway.. onto the ride. Technical wise this track was very pumpy and bumpy. The ride was exciting, but it just did not hold up in this category. Adrenaline ride this ride just didn't stop. The air hills were a favorite and going under the pathway was very original, along with all of the other under the regular ground height moments. The ride was very fun, just overall, you did an awesome job here. Original wise is the same thing, good job with using the template, and the ride was very nicely laid out, and very well done. Nice work.

Technical: 5/11, 6/11, 5/11 = 16/33 (48%)

Adrenaline: 6/10, 8.25/10, 8.5/10 = 22.75/30 (76%)

Originality: 5/9, 6/9, 6.5/9 = 17.5/27 (65%)

Mark Says: Wow, you really used a lot of the template here, i loved the way that the ride can be seen from so many areas of the park. The under the walkway section of the track was also very well done, and really helps with the overall appeal of the ride. I loved the length of the ride, and how it ket it's excitment throughout. The ride capacity is very high here, the double station makes loading quick and easy. I wanted a ride that would last long without much upkeep, your supports look like they could use a little more work. Also, i was very dissapointed by how the ride was not safe if a roll-back had occured. The ride did not stop, and crashed into the train behind, this will cause me lawsuits, and I was very dissapointed. Back to good, i loved the height of your ride, being able to see the ride from far away really helps with attracting guests. I wish that your ride had more un-common elements to it. It was just, really, a plain ride with some interesting features, but overall, track-wise, nothing incredibly new was done. Another important thing I mentioned was how I wanted a good themed ride. I honestly do not understand the title of the ride, and personally, I wouldn't look forward to riding a ride with such a name. But overall it was still very greatly paced, and a lot of fun. 8/10

66.25/100 (66%)

5. Super, Special, Awesome: Vid: *Sigh. I don't know about the other judges, but the amount of 3D in this ride made it a very hard job to get down to the specs of this design, nor did it motivate me to dig deep within the layout. Let me just sum this up in saying I am more interested in riding that woody than riding this. It definitely is technically sound and smooth, but lacks so much in adrenaline and originality. It was very slowly paced in some places and nothing really JUMPED out at me. I've been able to credit the other designers on unique specs about their entries, but I've had to look deep for something Super Special and Awesome in this ride?????????yet here I still have found nothing. In a nutshell, you pulled off the technical with quite a yank, but with all that in your hands you dropped the adrenaline and originality. Other judges also agreed with this statement.

Technical: 10/11, 10.25/11, 9/11 = 29.25/33 (87%)

Adrenaline: 4/10, 6/10, 4.5/10 = 14.5/30 (48%)

Originality: 4/9. 5.5/9, 4/9 = 13.5/27 (50%)

Mark Says: I liked the drop on the ride, but everything else really seemed like it was just another coaster made by b and m. I was really looking for something special, and to me, this ride just wasn't completely it. Thank you for the offer, but for now, this one will have to wait; something a little better planned out would?????????ve suited me better. Thanks for using most of the template, but still more could've been used. Also, I feel as if the main drag a few ways away from the park may not even be able to see this coaster, except maybe the very top of the lift hill, something that I defiantly would?????????ve liked to see more is the height, think superman rides at parks, you can see numerous parts of those rides from far away. 7/10

64.25/100 (64%)

6. Rocketeer: Indi:
This ride was quite a disappointment. It had some very weak technicality, as well as a kind of ?????????blah????????? statement for originality. One thing we did respect from you is the obvious hard work in supporting this beast. It greatly held your technical field afloat, even though the last part of the ride was all premade. Unfortunately, the back right seat of the train exerted 1.8 lateral forces on the rider in that seat. This occurs at the very first (left) turn at the top of the large climb post-launch. Because of so many force-restriction breaches (yes, four total contestants went over force limits?????????shame) we've decided to call for point deductions rather than disqualifications on these rule-breaks. In a nutshell, this design needed to show more effort in track work than in supporting.

Technical: 7/11, 5/11, 6/11 = 18/33 (55%)

Adrenaline: 6/10, 6/10, 6/10 = 18/30 (60%)

Originality: 6.5/9, 6.5/9, 6/9 = 19/27 (70%)

Mark Says: This thing can be seen from many miles away! The supports really make this thing appeal to many people, just as excellent job there. The template is used mostly in all places, and I love when you go under the regular ground height. Great track, I really enjoy the launches, and everything was good here. I feel as if the ride was not laid out in a specific way. I think that you used much of the space, just for using up space????????? maybe that's just me, but that's what I thought, overall, you still did an o.k. job here. 7/10

62/100 (62%)

Post November 7th, 2007, 12:00 am

w00t!

I knew that Boardwalk Bullet was going to be opening in a few days from the start of the contest, and I knew that I'd be riding instead of building...

So I did my coaster in about 2 days and sent it in.

THIRD PLACE!!! WOO HOO!!!

Post November 7th, 2007, 12:30 pm

Points on hand: 104.00 Points

Originally posted by AustinThe ride capacity is very high here, the double station makes loading quick and easy.

Also, i was very dissapointed by how the ride was not safe if a roll-back had occured. The ride did not stop, and crashed into the train behind, this will cause me lawsuits, and I was very dissapointed.

capacity's about 950/h...

i never got a rollback. is there something you can do to make it rollback besides changing the launch speed?

Post November 7th, 2007, 4:33 pm

press f12 for an estop before the launch is completely over- simulating a power cut-off

Post November 7th, 2007, 5:05 pm

Points on hand: 1,902.00 Points
Damnit, and again I'm the only one who didn't get any points [:(]

Post November 8th, 2007, 11:11 pm

OK, so this is the first time I've ever had points.

What the hell do I do with them?

Post November 8th, 2007, 11:43 pm

[lol] You keep them, and when people go to your page, they see craploads of points and figure you've been here long enough to earn respect from n00bs!

Previous

Return to Contests